Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Ford's Garage is also in the river district in Fort Meyers (I think this is the original). I'm actually eyeing up Rock and Brew right in the area of 192/Margaritaville as well; I hear their food is remarkable and reasonably priced.

Agree that 192 would be quite a challenge, but my root question is how is it that they think adding tolls would lessen congestion? Dispursing the congestion via tolls to spread out the traffic flow is not the solution in my opinion.
We saw Rock and Brew last trip. We were afraid it would be too loud in there but folks have told us it actually isn't that bad.

As for 192, the article said toll lanes. I guess they could somehow make inner lanes "express lanes" with a toll and keep the outer lane for local traffic but seems to me that would make things even worse.

One big problem along there is that most people are tourists and don't know where the heck they're going. Another problem is that there really isn't any alternative. It's not like there are a bunch of roads that run parallel that you can drive on instead.

My boys are in a play for theater camp. They are doing Lion King. I was so hopeful my oldest was going to audition for a big part. He is so talented. Sadly he didn't want a big part. So he is a Hyena with his brothers. They are so excited. I am so proud of them. They have a lot of lines and they know ALL of them!!!! My youngest has learned all of "Just Can't Wait to be King".

OMG - Ready to explode with happiness and excitement! Just found out Keala Settle, who sings "This is Me" in The Greatest Showman - the song that makes me bawl and grin at the same time - is making a special guest appearance with Hugh Jackman when he comes to Madison Square Garden on 6/;28, so I'M GOING TO SEE HER PERFORM IT LIVE!!!!

I'm treating myself to his show to celebrate my 10 year mark of not smoking or drinking. SO EXCITED!!!!

We had a surprise this weekend. Our oldest nephew was in the area for a wedding (his girlfriend was in the wedding party). He took us out for lunch/Uber/Lyft so we could enjoy an adult beverage. He picked up the check and said Happy Birthday to dh. We were going to treat our nephew, but it may have to wait until we go north. We did not get to meet his girlfriend yet since she needed the extra rest before their drive home (he can't drive...legally blind) plus she had a great time at the reception.

I teased nephew by saying that he might just got enough points for Nephew of the Year. Now...the other nephews over 21 have to top for the "award"...never know aunt/uncle will have spare room on a future trip. ;)

OMG - Ready to explode with happiness and excitement! Just found out Keala Settle, who sings "This is Me" in The Greatest Showman - the song that makes me bawl and grin at the same time - is making a special guest appearance with Hugh Jackman when he comes to Madison Square Garden on 6/;28, so I'M GOING TO SEE HER PERFORM IT LIVE!!!!

I'm treating myself to his show to celebrate my 10 year mark of not smoking or drinking. SO EXCITED!!!!

I meant to congratulate you on the 10 year mark earlier....and I hope that you have a great time at the show. :cake::rockband:

It is with sadness that I think of the tragedy of Pulse 3 years ago today, when my heart stood still with fear, wondering if all members of the podcast, their friends, families, and loved ones were okay. Even though physically unharmed, there were some deep, ugly, painful marks carved into everyone's psyches that day. However - I am also grateful, as both 9/11, and 6/12, have changed the way I try and relate to those around me forever. I heard the call of destiny shaking me into awareness of something greater than myself. Both were milestones in my existence as a human on this earth, in this time.

Since that day (as since 9/11/01), I have tried to honor the 49 precious souls lost, and 53 innocent people injured by reaching out to those around me, 1 person at a time, and letting them know I "see" them, and they are important to me, and the world. I have become even more of a hugger (in words, and in actions) and try to go out of my way to see myself as an ever expanding force to care for others, not a way to funnel and concentrate their energies onto myself. I cannot, regrettably, change the world. But I can try, with all my conviction, try and make my little corner of it, and those I encounter in it, a tiny bit more caring and brighter, if just for a moment. And to never care how this looks or feels to anyone else - this is me.

It is with sadness that I think of the tragedy of Pulse 3 years ago today, when my heart stood still with fear, wondering if all members of the podcast, their friends, families, and loved ones were okay. Even though physically unharmed, there were some deep, ugly, painful marks carved into everyone's psyches that day. However - I am also grateful, as both 9/11, and 6/12, have changed the way I try and relate to those around me forever. I heard the call of destiny shaking me into awareness of something greater than myself. Both were milestones in my existence as a human on this earth, in this time.

Since that day (as since 9/11/01), I have tried to honor the 49 precious souls lost, and 53 innocent people injured by reaching out to those around me, 1 person at a time, and letting them know I "see" them, and they are important to me, and the world. I have become even more of a hugger (in words, and in actions) and try to go out of my way to see myself as an ever expanding force to care for others, not a way to funnel and concentrate their energies onto myself. I cannot, regrettably, change the world. But I can try, with all my conviction, try and make my little corner of it, and those I encounter in it, a tiny bit more caring and brighter, if just for a moment. And to never care how this looks or feels to anyone else - this is me.

Well stated. The local news has been showing the interim memorial and ceremony that was held there last night. I recall the DU podcast after that tragedy and how much emotion was on the table.

Well stated. The local news has been showing the interim memorial and ceremony that was held there last night. I recall the DU podcast after that tragedy and how much emotion was on the table.
I have tried watching it again, several times, and can never make it past the whole thing. Such raw pain. Kills me every time.

My heart may explode in joy this weekend as I get to see one of my best friend's walk down the aisle and I get to stand beside her on Saturday as she says "I do" to the love of her life!! I never have seen her so happy, but I am sooo incredibly happy for her and I know there will be tears flowing (tissues will be stashed to use).

In other news, my summer got even more busy as I get to go to Portland, ME for 3 days for work in July (smack dab in the middle of my cruise and the DIS 20th Anniversary party). Luckily it is all paid for by the company hosting the event...I of course have to pay for it up front and then get reimbursed (the joys of working for the government), but my boss and I are going to this conference so it should be fun...We get along very well. She has never been to Portland and I have only been there in March for hockey games.

My heart may explode in joy this weekend as I get to see one of my best friend's walk down the aisle and I get to stand beside her on Saturday as she says "I do" to the love of her life!! I never have seen her so happy, but I am sooo incredibly happy for her and I know there will be tears flowing (tissues will be stashed to use).

In other news, my summer got even more busy as I get to go to Portland, ME for 3 days for work in July (smack dab in the middle of my cruise and the DIS 20th Anniversary party). Luckily it is all paid for by the company hosting the event...I of course have to pay for it up front and then get reimbursed (the joys of working for the government), but my boss and I are going to this conference so it should be fun...We get along very well. She has never been to Portland and I have only been there in March for hockey games.
Awesome! Congrats and a long, happy, and healthy marriage to your friend.

I am definitely curious to see Portland. Have been to Bah Harbuh and loved it. Was supposed to be seeing Portland THIS September, but due to upcoming shoulder replacement surgery, it won't be until NEXT September. I hope it'll still be there! :) Have a wonderful time, when yo do go.

Not sure this belongs here but I have had trouble all day getting to disunplugged.com website. Anyone else having problems? This is what I am getting....

This site can’t be reached
www.disunplugged.com refused to connect.

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Not sure this belongs here but I have had trouble all day getting to disunplugged.com website. Anyone else having problems? This is what I am getting....

This site can’t be reached
www.disunplugged.com refused to connect.

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
@chilly2336 - I don't normally try to go there, but just did, with no issues. Maybe try putting this on the Tech Support Forum here https://www.disboards.com/forums/technical-support.43/
I'd do it for you, but just in case they reach out with any questions, I figured better if you do it yourself. Good luck!

Awesome! Congrats and a long, happy, and healthy marriage to your friend.

I am definitely curious to see Portland. Have been to Bah Harbuh and loved it. Was supposed to be seeing Portland THIS September, but due to upcoming shoulder replacement surgery, it won't be until NEXT September. I hope it'll still be there! :) Have a wonderful time, when yo do go.

The last time I was in Portland was in March and it was a rainy, cold, icy day. It will be nice to go up there and not have to wear lots of layers. I am not sure how much time we will have as it is only 3 days for work and I don't know the schedule for the conference. My boss and I are waiting for our travel coordinator to book our flights.

UGH! My kids did Lion King in theater camp. It was adorable. Now my kids are OBSESSED with Lion King. This includes constantly quoting the movie, throwing each other off the couch Scar and Mufasa style, making Timon and Pumba cutouts, and now the worst. They want to see the LIVE ACTION version!!!! :faint: I already am willing to suffer through Toy Story 4, NO MORE! I'm trying to convince my husband he wants to take them with his mom and step dad!!!! :rotfl2:

UGH! My kids did Lion King in theater camp. It was adorable. Now my kids are OBSESSED with Lion King. This includes constantly quoting the movie, throwing each other off the couch Scar and Mufasa style, making Timon and Pumba cutouts, and now the worst. They want to see the LIVE ACTION version!!!! :faint: I already am willing to suffer through Toy Story 4, NO MORE! I'm trying to convince my husband he wants to take them with his mom and step dad!!!! :rotfl2:
If I lived closer (and drove and all - LOL) I'd offer to take 'em - to BOTH Toy Story 4 AND Lion King! I am definitely excited to see BOTH!!

If I lived closer (and drove and all - LOL) I'd offer to take 'em - to BOTH Toy Story 4 AND Lion King! I am definitely excited to see BOTH!!
Awe thanks! I think I can get out of Lion King. I hated Toy Story 3 so much, so I am not looking forward to the 4th one. I saw it when pregnant, and all my emotions are in super overdrive. So it I love something, I LOVED it. If I disliked it, I hated it with the passion of 1000 suns! I'm sure it isn't too bad, but my opinions are tainted. :rolleyes1

I hope she hangs around and joins him in Philly on 6/30 when I will see this show!!

I hope she hangs around and joins him in Philly on 6/30 when I will see this show!!
Unfortunately. she is not listed to be there that night on the web site (hughjackmantheshow), but who knows? And I'm sure he'll be AMAZING with his other performers! Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!