Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

OMG I'm back!!!!! Power cam back on Wednesday and we just got internet back today!!! We might lose power again next week, but I am enjoying all the luxuries!!! LOL NCBelle: thank you for the trip updates. Sounds like it was a fun time. And happy birthday Kathy!!!!
@superme80 I always say "You don't miss the "mundane stuff" until you ain't got it, then it all becomes a "luxury". ;)

Welcome back, hope you can KEEP the power!

I have almost recovered from my adventure. I had to keep off both feet with my right kneecap bruised and sore and left foot had some heel issues even pre-trip. NC Beast misplaced his car keys so I had to look many times where he could had been in the apartment and grounds...no luck yet. This morning, he found his original key that the battery died and it was best at the time for a new key. Last week, he found out that the strikes and other GM issues, getting a new key is extremely hard now.

The dog forgave me after one day and many bribes. She got to spend time walking some trails with dh and his oldest brother plus interacted with a cat. It is good to know that she still likes cats and knows when to keep her distance.

:love2: Mushy date for us... 25 years ago...our first date.

It is 3 years ago that we lost our beloved lab girl Jessie, but it was also the day our current dog Oreo was born

We spoiled our Oreo with extra walks, treats, and a new squeak toy duck.

:love2: Mushy date for us... 25 years ago...our first date.
Happy anniversary. That's a coincidence. Today is the 30th anniversary of our "second first date". We met and dated in high school, then broke up and got back together 9 years later. Today is the anniversary of that second time around. It didn't stick the first time.

I have 25 days until I'm back in my favorite place (WDW) and the time is just dragging.

Last time we were there was October 2016. We were supposed to go last December but I had massive issues with kidney stones and ended up having to have surgery.

I'm very excited but I wish it would be time to go already!

I have 25 days until I'm back in my favorite place (WDW) and the time is just dragging.

Last time we were there was October 2016. We were supposed to go last December but I had massive issues with kidney stones and ended up having to have surgery.

I'm very excited but I wish it would be time to go already!
@Eoywin - Glad you're much healthier now, and have this trip to look forward to. I hope the time passes quickly for you. And - when you do go - have a magical trip! pixiedust:

Got summoned for jury duty. Thank heavens my youngest is in kindergarten. Anything kindergarten and under excuses you. With 1st grade and above I would have to BRING my kids to the court house and get excused from the judge. :scared1: I cant even imagine attempting to bring my 3 boys to the court house to get out of jury duty.

The last time I had to go (about 8 years ago, I guess) they weren't excusing ANYBODY. Used to be they'd excuse me, even though a civilian, because I was a long time employee of a PD, and especially because I worked in Emergency Management. Nope - they were even making uniformed road cops (in addition to plainclothes detectives, etc., of course), still come in, and sit there most of the day. I got all the way to the voir dire portion (long table, me at the head, being questioned - you wolda thought <I> was on trial!) by the defendant, his lawyer, the judge, the prosecutor, and others I don't remember. After basically GRILLING me about how long I'd worked at the PD, if I was actual personal FRIENDS with any of the cops, if I'd take a cop's word over a civilian's, etc. (like I said - like <I> was on trial) they FINALLY excused me - 1/2 an hour before the end of a regular day. When I talked to the ladies in the office that sends out the jury duty notices, she said EVERYBODY always tried to get excused, so they were't excusing ANYBODY without that kind of grinder. :(

The last time I had to go (about 8 years ago, I guess) they weren't excusing ANYBODY. Used to be they'd excuse me, even though a civilian, because I was a long time employee of a PD, and especially because I worked in Emergency Management. Nope - they were even making uniformed road cops (in addition to plainclothes detectives, etc., of course), still come in, and sit there most of the day. I got all the way to the voir dire portion (long table, me at the head, being questioned - you wolda thought <I> was on trial!) by the defendant, his lawyer, the judge, the prosecutor, and others I don't remember. After basically GRILLING me about how long I'd worked at the PD, if I was actual personal FRIENDS with any of the cops, if I'd take a cop's word over a civilian's, etc. (like I said - like <I> was on trial) they FINALLY excused me - 1/2 an hour before the end of a regular day. When I talked to the ladies in the office that sends out the jury duty notices, she said EVERYBODY always tried to get excused, so they were't excusing ANYBODY without that kind of grinder. :(
I live in a large county, but my area is aging, so I'm not too surprised. Also lots of homeschoolers who are probably trying to get excused.

My mom had done that once when my sister. a neighbor kid that she babysat, and I were pretty young. We hung out in the hall with coloring books and most likely Little House on the Prairie book series plus got to watch along with the jury pool, a film on the jury process/justice system. I think she was excused shortly after that film.

From power outages to getting snowed in what a November! Our last power outage was thankfully cancelled last week. This week snow is starting Tuesday night and going through Thursday. We shall see what happens!

From power outages to getting snowed in what a November! Our last power outage was thankfully cancelled last week. This week snow is starting Tuesday night and going through Thursday. We shall see what happens!
California/West coast is having it rough. We lost power at our old house for several days for different storms and it was never fun. Our power company works pretty good in maintain and repairing lines quickly.

Extra hugs for @SorcererHeidi. I wished that I lived nearby to help cook, move, and whatever else that you need. I have the time and I great stress relief solution (the dog loves hugs and snuggles).

I have finally finished pre-cook our Thanksgiving meal. I tried to keep it under 1500 mg sodium...not easy and it would probably go over if we don't watch portion size. However, I think it would help keep it at a reasonable level if we don't add rolls/biscuits/bread slices since I made a modified family sausage cornbread dressing (its more likely to be in 600s for sodium because package cornbread and sausage) plus instead of his favorite favorite green bean casserole...steamed veggies and/or salad. I have 2 gravy options,,,one was a turkey gravy packet plus the liquid from our Instant Pot boneless Butterball turkey breast (around 400mg of sodium in a serving of the meat plus the turkey gravy packet was like 238mg of sodium). I decided to make a thicker gravy with the pot liquor/broth (no salt added) with a cornstarch slurry plus a splash or so of milk. I think I might freeze this gravy for another week with a lower sodium turkey option plus more mushrooms and vegetables. We do have the canned cranberry sauce option. I have made homemade in the past, but it is too much for me to eat alone in 4 days.
I cheated on the dessert. We had bought Edwards pecan pie (have pumpkin pie in freezer...but, too much fiber and sodium for dh before his early morning flight on Friday on his shorten work night.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I did not accomplish my weekend goal for the closets. I was too distracted by the dog, searching for deals (did get good deals on my parents' gifts with free shipping), and on Saturday...the marathon (did a few chats on cell phone....which my youtube account on it has my rl name).

Oreo, our dog, seems to think that she gets extra outdoor time/walks when one of her humans is out of town. I was wishing for an elevator or less steep stairs for our next place (both knees have damage which hurts more with stairs).

@SorcererHeidi, I am not sure if it is in your moving budget, you might need to hire someone to help packing. We kind of agreed after paying for extra help that we need to purge our stuff more often.

I did not accomplish my weekend goal for the closets. I was too distracted by the dog, searching for deals (did get good deals on my parents' gifts with free shipping), and on Saturday...the marathon (did a few chats on cell phone....which my youtube account on it has my rl name).

Oreo, our dog, seems to think that she gets extra outdoor time/walks when one of her humans is out of town. I was wishing for an elevator or less steep stairs for our next place (both knees have damage which hurts more with stairs).

@SorcererHeidi, I am not sure if it is in your moving budget, you might need to hire someone to help packing. We kind of agreed after paying for extra help that we need to purge our stuff more often.
Thanx, @NC Belle - I am letting moving company "pack" some more fragile/big/weird sized items (TV, portable heater, etc), but am doing everything smaller myself. But I've been doing it in dribs and drabs, to keep my physical and mental stress down. I also - due to some former circumstances - don't have a lot, so - in this case - it's a GOOD thing! :)

5 days until WDW and so much to do! Doesn't help that my daughter has a Girl Scout event on Thursday night and then a Christmas event at her school Friday night.

We leave Saturday morning and will drive to Daytona Beach then finish the drive to Disney Sunday morning.

5 days until WDW and so much to do! Doesn't help that my daughter has a Girl Scout event on Thursday night and then a Christmas event at her school Friday night.

We leave Saturday morning and will drive to Daytona Beach then finish the drive to Disney Sunday morning.
@Eoywin - Sorry, did not see this until now. You may not see it until you come back, but I am wishing you the most magical trip ever! pixiedust: Please think of me by the Partners statue!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!