untimely break

dalmatians

Earning My Ears
we leave in 20 days and my 10 year old fractured his lower leg in 2places dont know if we shiuld try and go or just stay home?please give me some opions have posted this on other site and people are reading but not answering PLEASE talk to me thank you

Welcome and you came to the right place. We will try to help you out.
You can still go and have fun. It just will be a little different than what you had in mind.
1) Even if he is using crutches, don't plan on him walking the whole day. It takes more energy to walk with crutches. Plan on renting a wheelchair; keep in mind that the wheelchairs rented by WDW are adult size. He may also fit in a stroller. If you use a stroller, you can get a Guest Assistance Card from Guest Services that allows the stroller to be used the same as a wheelchair.
2) If you are staying at a WDW resort, you can get a wheelchair from them (limited number, first come first served) that you can use for your entire stay. This would be a big help in getting around the resort.
3) Here's some information about casts that I copied from the FAQs at official Disney site:
Q. Which attractions would I be able to experience while in a full leg cast?
A. The following attractions have additional space on aisle ways or next to the seating areas and should be able to accommodate a full leg cast. Please speak with a Cast Member at each of these locations for additional information.

Magic Kingdom
Walt Disney World Railroad
The Jungle Cruise
Liberty Belle Riverboat
"it's a small world"
Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
The Timekeeper
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
"The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management"
Country Bear Jamboree
The Diamond Horseshoe Revue
The Hall of Presidents
Legend of the Lion King
Galaxy Palace Theater

Epcot
Body Wars (Wonders of Life)
Ellen's Energy Adventure (Universe of Energy)
Cranium Command (Wonders of Life)
The Making of Me (Wonders of Life)
El Rio del Tiempo (Mexico)
Wonders of China
The American Adventure
America Gardens Theater
Impressions de France
O Canada!
Honey I Shrunk the Audience (Imagination!)
The Living Seas Living with the Land (The Land)
Food Rocks (The Land)

Disney-MGM Studios
Star Tours
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
The Hunchback of Notre Dame -- A Musical Adventure
Muppet*Vision 4D
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Sounds Dangerous
Disney's Doug Live
Backlot Tour
Backstage Pass Walking Tour
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Bear in the Big Blue House, Live on Stage
The Magic of Disney Animation
The Great Movie Ride
Beauty and the Beast, Live on Stage
Fantasmic!

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
Wildlife Express to Conservation Station
Conservation Station
It's Tough to be a Bug
Safari Village Trails
Festival of the Lion King
Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Flights of Wonder
Tarzan Rocks!

Hi, welcome to our board. I am sorry to hear that your son is injured, and I hope the recovery is as swift and comfortable as possible. In addition to the excellent informaiton Sue gave above, please be sure to check out the disABILITIES FAQ sections on the GAC to see if this will be useful for you. A wheelchair will probably be your best option for a 10-year-old for distance travel....and the distances at WDW are immense! If you are staying onsite, you may be able to get a wheelchair from the resort to use all day. You can also rent from long-term rental companies. It mkes life much easier, and he can use his energy for enjoyment rather than wear himself out just getting himself to the parks.

I hope you have a great trip. Please feel free to ask questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter