Unused Snack Credits

Laurelinarien

Newbie Planner
I'm curious to know what kinds of snacks I can get if I use "left-over" snack credits last minute. I'm assuming I'm to spend those at the resort so if anyone knows from experience which are options they offer or where I may find that information, I'd be grateful!
We're going in February & we'll be staying in POR.

I'm curious to know what kinds of snacks I can get if I use "left-over" snack credits last minute. I'm assuming I'm to spend those at the resort so if anyone knows from experience which are options they offer or where I may find that information, I'd be grateful!

At the gift shops in the resorts, they usually have pre-packaged snacks like bags of gummies/candies, small lollipops, rice crispy treats (one of the more popular uses of left-over snack credits), and small bars of chocolate. Usually only the smallest versions of all of those will count as a snack, not the larger bags/boxes. For instance, they have shortbread cookie boxes, but the only one that counts as a snack is the 2 ct. one. I ended up getting a few bags of gummies and a small tub of cotton candy as gifts for friend's kids, and rice crispy's for me.

We went Goofy Candy Company at Disney Springs and spent our left over 14 or 15 snack credits. Lots of great choices, including baked goods, trail mix and candies.

We tend to buy snacks for home on the last days at Karamel Kuche in the Germany Pavillion.

Last trip in January 2017 we ended up for 57 snack credits on our last day. That was due to a large party and illness ripping through us. Also we weren’t used to eating so many big meals that we got on the DDP so we just weren’t that hungry for snacks.

Our final day was in Epcot with the plan to splurge. All went well until evening. We were going to eat at the Art and Flower kiosks. The system crashed in the park and they were unable to scan magic bands. We couldn’t use any snack credits or even charge to our room with our bands. You know it is bad when the stores can’t take people’s money. So despite having so many credits we were famished in the park. Our bus to the airport was at 8am the next morning.

We went back to All Star Sports and I got in line to talk to customer service. I think the manager could see how upset I was in line because he approached me while still in line to talk. First thing he did was feed my family in the food court, he told us he would put a $50 credit on our room and then he had an employee open up the store again (it was already closed) for us to spend our credits. Between that and the food court we came home with a huge number of brownies, Trail Mc, gummies, Rice Krispie treats, etc. in fact I’m pretty sure we still have a few bags of trail mix.

We were staying between two rooms and the manager actually applied the $50 to both rooms so we were credited $100. We still did get to use our credits in the end, though not the way we wanted to. I was actually very pleasantly surprised by the resort managers response. Particularly after getting no useful response at all from Epcot customer service. Lesson learned, don’t stockpile snack credits.

Last trip in January 2017 we ended up for 57 snack credits on our last day. That was due to a large party and illness ripping through us. Also we weren’t used to eating so many big meals that we got on the DDP so we just weren’t that hungry for snacks.

Our final day was in Epcot with the plan to splurge. All went well until evening. We were going to eat at the Art and Flower kiosks. The system crashed in the park and they were unable to scan magic bands. We couldn’t use any snack credits or even charge to our room with our bands. You know it is bad when the stores can’t take people’s money. So despite having so many credits we were famished in the park. Our bus to the airport was at 8am the next morning.

We went back to All Star Sports and I got in line to talk to customer service. I think the manager could see how upset I was in line because he approached me while still in line to talk. First thing he did was feed my family in the food court, he told us he would put a $50 credit on our room and then he had an employee open up the store again (it was already closed) for us to spend our credits. Between that and the food court we came home with a huge number of brownies, Trail Mc, gummies, Rice Krispie treats, etc. in fact I’m pretty sure we still have a few bags of trail mix.

We were staying between two rooms and the manager actually applied the $50 to both rooms so we were credited $100. We still did get to use our credits in the end, though not the way we wanted to. I was actually very pleasantly surprised by the resort managers response. Particularly after getting no useful response at all from Epcot customer service. Lesson learned, don’t stockpile snack credits.

That's awful! I'm really glad the resort manager was able to at least try and make things better. This is the second story I've heard on these threads about resort managers "fixing" issues with dining in the parks by doing what was within their ability. It stinks that the managers/customer service in the parks won't do the same and just brush it off like they have no power to do anything, when they should be able to do more for the relevant issues than a resort manager. At least you would think so.

Thanks everyone for your replies!
And KTR, I agree that it was far from ideal, but it is so very encouraging to learn that WDW really tries to keep us happy thru dark times :)

My kids were obsessed with the sour gummy type candy in Pandora. We kept having to go back to buy more and brought home many bags of it (they loved it).

I also liked the chilli chocolate mouse ears at a candy counter across from Tusker House. Thought that was a great value for a snack credit and it was easy enough to bring home.

Ghriadelli chocolate bars are also a decent value although I didn't end up getting any because we ran out of snack credits.

I usually give my kids free reign in the candy store to use up leftover snack credits and they love that - especially since I don't normally let them buy candy from candy stores.

I would get a few of the cupcakes and have a snack at the airport! That is what I did when I had a few left over at credits at OKW.

In addition to the airport snacks I always grab some of the Mickey shaped pretzels and cheddar crackers to surprise the kids in their snacks when they go back to school.

One time I had some QS credits so I picked up a pizza and pasta at the food court. My kids had the pizza for lunch at the airport and then packed the pasta for lunch at school the next day.

This past trip, we didn't have any snack credits remaining. However, in 2016, we had so many snack credits left over that I was able to get enough Mickey-shaped cheddar cracker containers for each student in my son's class (for his snack day).

This past trip, we didn't have any snack credits remaining. However, in 2016, we had so many snack credits left over that I was able to get enough Mickey-shaped cheddar cracker containers for each student in my son's class (for his snack day).
Yes we find this with 2 week plan every trip. I work in a school and always bring kids and staff Disney treats usually in collectible tins or character pez machines. Always go down well.

When we use the dinning plan, on the last night and on departure day... here a few things that we have done.

Starbucks for coffee any size coffee is considered a snack credit. So on the last day if you are in the parks or heading to Disney Springs for some last minute shopping, you can take a coffee to go, which is a nice pick me up.

The last night whatever park your in, hit up the bakery, for some items to tuck into the suitcase to go home with you...( bring a container to hold the items... also some bubble wrap for them to rest on work great.

Breakfast items (food and drinks options) for departure morning for in-room meal, DME or eating at the airport... which is nice, and super helpful if you over sleep, and are trying to get up, clean up, dressed, and get yourselves together, get to the airport and not miss your flight...

If you find a packaged snack in one of the parks, that you would like to take home, then go ahead and get it... this way on the last day you aren't running around to pick up snacks...or wishing you would have picked them up...

I will say that we have found that in the resort food courts and stores depending on the cashier on what is considered a snack credit... we got boxed of shortbread cookies once, not the 2 count, the bigger box as a snack credit, as well as candy bars, and trail mix... I'm still not sure what the cashier was counting as snack credit... she basically just scanned one or two of the items repeatedly... and threw everything in a bag... and said have a magical day...

If you have left over QS meals... You can spend them on snack items as well... this is another grey area that depends on where you are and who is the cashier...

The gift tins of mints are a lovely little present to bring home too. Also a big fan of rice Krispy treats and karamel kuche chocolates

I did this! My niece wanted to use a few of her on the tins and I thought it was a nice idea and did the same with a few for my girls at home.

I would get a few of the cupcakes and have a snack at the airport! That is what I did when I had a few left over at credits at OKW.

I did this too! The cooler at OKW had delicious cupcakes in plastic covers so I "bought" a few to have at the airport. My nieces used CS credit at teh CR to purchase some sandwiches for their stay in the airport as well. I knew they would be starving before they boarded to return home and suggested that they plan ahead.

I also used a few at Karamel Kuche to buy some bags of Werthers. My two little Prioncesses on the street are obsessed with them and I thought they would enjoy Disney caramel candy. It was a slam dunk addition to their souveniers.

We have been doing the Bounceback FD for 7 or 8 years in a row. We always have lots of snack credits left over. We pack a box in our suitcase and ship it home. That's where we put our snack items in especially the trail mixes, cotton candy & etc. My husband loves to get the snacks in his lunches.

I have started adding an extra room only stay for one night at the end of our ddp stays. That way we have until park close to cash in whatever meals and snacks we want there and until midnight to use our remaining snack credits. Last year my husband only ate 2 qs meals instead of 8 and my daughter didn't have any. We ended up spending a ridiculous amount of snack credits at Karamel Kuche and then got meals to go from tangierine cafe that we ate after midnight while packing. I can't imagine trying to fit all that food in if we left early on our last day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter