Unusual and Inventive item ideas to pack

Where o where did I see it posted that some wipe down airplane trays and the like with sanitizing wipes? I have a question. How do you carry sanitizing wipes on plane? I just ordered the Clorox hydrogen peroxide wipes but the container will be too big. Can I just carry a few in ziplock Baggie and check the bigger container? Will they allow thst? The question sounds dumb even to me, sorry

We bring them on the plane in a ziploc bag every time we fly and have yet to get called on it. Some people look at us like we're crazy as we're wiping everything down, but I'm also the person that whips out the hand sanitizer after literally looking at potentially germy things (that's a teacher quirk). You can most definitely bring them on the plane, just not the whole container.

We bring ziplock bags, clothespins, old gift cards for the lights, scissors, tide to go pen (or stain remover), downy wrinkle releaser spray - not ironing on vacation, highlighters, collapsible hampers, dry erase board with markers and post it notes, and address labels for the return luggage tags, extra magnetic tape for door magnets, little packets of sprinkles/toppings to make our own sundaes, plastic drink cups with straws and lids to lessen trips, zip ties, movie theater candy boxes, glow stick swords for pirate night and an extra carry on style gym bag that folds up (empty) for whatever we buy.

Haven't been on a cruise yet, but I will never go on a trip to hotter and more humid places without Body Glide/Runner's Glide/ or any other anti-chafing balm. There is nothing worse than a kid or adult even to be walking around with a heat rash in the wrong part of the body.

Haven't been on a cruise yet, but I will never go on a trip to hotter and more humid places without Body Glide/Runner's Glide/ or any other anti-chafing balm. There is nothing worse than a kid or adult even to be walking around with a heat rash in the wrong part of the body.

UGH -- I hear ya!

To add to this -- Lush makes a cocoa butter based body powder called Silky Underwear. It smells WONDERFUL, and when I layer it with the Body Glide, it works GREAT!!!

Just ordered the Lush, thanks for the tip!!! Love this board and all the fine folks who take time to help one another out.

It's almost time to cruise and I just reread this thread writing my packing list! Any other unusual things to pack? Some of the ideas here were awesome... except the 9 month gift for joining the verandah club. That gift me no likeyyy.

It's almost time to cruise and I just reread this thread writing my packing list! Any other unusual things to pack? Some of the ideas here were awesome... except the 9 month gift for joining the verandah club. That gift me no likeyyy.
Yeah.... I think it actually works out to longer than 9 months you get to "enjoy" that gift. But it does take 9 months to deliver it.

Definitely scissors. A clock as there are no longer clocks in rooms. A hairdryer on the Magic/Wonder. Gallon ziplocs to put wet bathing suits in for the trip home.
Earplugs.

why do you need a hairdryer on the Magic? I am sailing the Magic in 7 months and was planning on using theirs.

Did anyone mention painters tape? I found that it is great for holding flip top bottles closed on the trip to and from. Because it is for walls, you also don't end up with a mess of sticky residue on the tops either.

I packed duct tape on our last cruise. My DH was like "WHYYYYYY are you bringing duct tape?????" I showed him the video of the Fantasy during Hurricane Sandy when the cabinet doors were banging over and over and the closet doors where doing the same. I pray we never sail in seas that rough but if we do, I will want to be able to tape the doors shut, so the duct tape will always be in my cruise travel bag!

I also brought along two hot pink bandanas to tie to our umbrella at CC so that when walking back to our area it would be easier to spot our loungers and bags.

I packed duct tape on our last cruise. My DH was like "WHYYYYYY are you bringing duct tape?????" I showed him the video of the Fantasy during Hurricane Sandy when the cabinet doors were banging over and over and the closet doors where doing the same. I pray we never sail in seas that rough but if we do, I will want to be able to tape the doors shut, so the duct tape will always be in my cruise travel bag!

I also brought along two hot pink bandanas to tie to our umbrella at CC so that when walking back to our area it would be easier to spot our loungers and bags.

The bandanas is a great idea! We always bring travel size duct tape -- it fixes everything including luggage, shoes and hems -- all of which we've used it for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!