Unusual and Inventive item ideas to pack

Haven't been on a cruise yet, but I will never go on a trip to hotter and more humid places without Body Glide/Runner's Glide/ or any other anti-chafing balm. There is nothing worse than a kid or adult even to be walking around with a heat rash in the wrong part of the body.
Thank you for reminding me to put this on my packing list!!

Clothes pins. To keep the curtains closed on the window.
Extra paper. For making comments on the comment card.
Personal water bottle. No need to lug a case of bottled water onboard.
Do you somehow attach paper to the comment card? How?

I brought on board suction cup holders for the small bathroom incidentals.

Trader Joe’s kettle corn for movies - yummy!popcorn::

Silk pillow cases - I have curly hair :sad1:

Where o where did I see it posted that some wipe down airplane trays and the like with sanitizing wipes? I have a question. How do you carry sanitizing wipes on plane? I just ordered the Clorox hydrogen peroxide wipes but the container will be too big. Can I just carry a few in ziplock Baggie and check the bigger container? Will they allow thst? The question sounds dumb even to me, sorry
Sure you can just put them in a zip lock baggie, but you can also buy travel size. It is a great idea to wipe those down.

I have a small bag of "essentials" that I take on every single trip, cruise or otherwise. It includes a small travel alarm clock so I don't have to guess about resetting the room clock; a small flashlight in case there is a power failure or I need to move around the room at night while DW is sleeping; a small repair kit containing a sewing kit, duct tape, some zip ties, and a small multitool (made for keychains); and a small med kit containing OTC pain meds, bandaids, and moleskin. I throw in a wine opener and Swiss Army knife if I'm checking the bag. I don't need every single item on every trip, but over the last 15 years or so I've used every single item, some more than once.

Instead of duct tape, you could use gaffer's tape. It holds as well but does not leave any sticky residue.
:):):):):teleport::teleport::teleport:

You are not supposed to use tape or adhesive of any type on the doors, walls, or ceiling.

We bring them on the plane in a ziploc bag every time we fly and have yet to get called on it. Some people look at us like we're crazy as we're wiping everything down, but I'm also the person that whips out the hand sanitizer after literally looking at potentially germy things (that's a teacher quirk). You can most definitely bring them on the plane, just not the whole container.

OMG, we get the looks to. Before the plane takes off, we wipe down the trays, the arm rests, the buttons overhead, the remote and screen on the backseat in front of us, the head rests, and the one with the window wipes that down too. We buy Clorox travel wipes and double zip lock them so they don't leak. We also bring gallon size zip lock bags to put anything we are using or reading inside for the pocket in front of us -- sorry, but some of the things we have found in that pocket left me untrusting of how often they are cleaned or cleaned out.

OMG, we get the looks to. Before the plane takes off, we wipe down the trays, the arm rests, the buttons overhead, the remote and screen on the backseat in front of us, the head rests, and the one with the window wipes that down too. We buy Clorox travel wipes and double zip lock them so they don't leak. We also bring gallon size zip lock bags to put anything we are using or reading inside for the pocket in front of us -- sorry, but some of the things we have found in that pocket left me untrusting of how often they are cleaned or cleaned out.
We whip out the Clorox wipes as soon as we sit down as well.

Wipe everything, including the seat belt latch and air blower. Twice flight attendants have thanked us. I have also had a nice lady behind us ask if we had an extra wipe then she wiped down her area too.

My oldest used to sing the theme song from “Monk”, It’s A Jungle Out There, as he was forced to wipe down his area because he thought it was silly. Now that he has germy little monsters of his own he doesn’t think it’s so silly.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter