Unusual and Inventive item ideas to pack

Add a European electrical converter for an extra outlet. Just saw this in a You Tube cruising video. I have a converter but never brought it just used the US ones and dealt with the lack of charging spots. So going forward I'm bringing my converter to get an extra outlet by using the European charger spot.

Blank old hotel key card for keeping lights on with out using our KTTW card. (and forgetting it).

Old phones for the kids and download the Cruise APP so that they have 1) clock 2) times for all events 3) ability to text during the trip 4) their pictures of when they are in the clubs.

Sea bands for when the kids 'feel the boat swaying"

Dollar Store travel games (UNO for example)

Magnetic dry erase board for our cabin door with dry erase markers for notes

Solo cups for extra soda instead of expensive Tervis tumblers (which we always lose)

We bring “Tiny Uno” whenever we travel!

upload_2019-4-18_11-3-37.jpeg

You can get them in the party favor aisle, and the cards are SUPER TINY (the box has 2 side-by-side decks inside) which makes it really hard to shuffle, but hilarious to play. My 15 year old son still begs to play this every time we get on a plane.

Be warned, you’ll make instant friends with seat-mates and flight attendants. Haha! I usually bring the whole pack, and end up giving away the remaining sets. I keep our set inside a plastic headphones case, because you won’t want to put them back into the box. :)

We bring “Tiny Uno” whenever we travel!

View attachment 395217

You can get them in the party favor aisle, and the cards are SUPER TINY (the box has 2 side-by-side decks inside) which makes it really hard to shuffle, but hilarious to play. My 15 year old son still begs to play this every time we get on a plane.

Be warned, you’ll make instant friends with seat-mates and flight attendants. Haha! I usually bring the whole pack, and end up giving away the remaining sets. I keep our set inside a plastic headphones case, because you won’t want to put them back into the box. :)

I just added Uno to my packing list! We can play it on the play, if we get bored.

You are not supposed to use tape or adhesive of any type on the doors, walls, or ceiling.
Would sticky tack be allowed? My husband turns 50 on our cruise next week and I bought magnetic hooks and sticky tack to hang decorations from the ceiling...hoping that works!

Would sticky tack be allowed? My husband turns 50 on our cruise next week and I bought magnetic hooks and sticky tack to hang decorations from the ceiling...hoping that works!
Here's the original letter from DCL:
Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.

Sincerely,

I take that to mean no adhesives of any type.

Here's the original letter from DCL:
Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.

Sincerely,

I take that to mean no adhesives of any type.
Excellent, thanks! I’m hoping the ceilings ar magnetic too ;)

Those with clanging hangers...

Don't you all hang clothes on those hangers?

As a solo, I would be embarrassed if I took up all the hangers in the closet unless it was a 2 week or longer cruise. I believe in packing light. Any unused hangers are either given to my stateroom host or put on the floor and replaced on debarkation morning.

Do FE swim away frequently?

I’ve heard of magnets and FE gifts disappearing but never the FE itself, but if you didn’t personalize it then I could see how they might be taken. None of those things swim away on what I would call a frequent basis though—definitely the exception rather than the rule.

I like to bring a disney themed air freshener for the stateroom. I love the smells you get on the rides and at the hotels at WDW. My favorite is the flight of passage scented one.

I just re-read this, you bring souvenirs? Isn't the definition of a souvenir to buy it from the place you visit? LOL
You are correct about the term souvenirs. We're bringing "Disney inspired" trinkets for the FE on the upcoming family cruise for my grand nephews and grand niece - glow sticks, coloring books, night light, pez dispensers, etc. They have been given Disney GC for their b'days and Christmas (but they don't know why because the cruise is still a secret). Souvenir shopping time.

Now I know there have been dozens of threads about what not to pack, what not to forget, what you shouldn't leave home without ever, etc.

This Thread is strictly for those unusual items you have brought to use that others may not have thought of or have thought of to use in that way. We already know about the over the door shoe bag -- which can no longer be hung on the doors (dang it).

Here's mine: pack a drink carrier from a fast food restaurant for those trips to the drink station for multiple drinks. Makes balancing them back to the room a whole lot easier!

What's your's?
Poo pourri spray for the bathroom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter