UOAP Night

OMGBecky

Earning My Ears
I'm sorry if this has already been asked, I searched around and didn't see anything. Is there not a way to sign up in advance for UOAP night? We're arriving to Orlando that day, and it says it's limited capacity. I'm guessing if we don't get there early enough (flight arrives 3PM) then if it's just first come, first serve they'll be full. Is there a way to register or do you just have to show up at the gate and cross your fingers? I'm an AP newbie, so I didn't even know about this event until we got a flier today, and it just happens to be the same day as our arrival!

Nope, sounds like will start taking names at 10am at the gate, and when full, that is it. Lots of discussion on that issue in AP Facebook group.

Can I get a link to the ap fb page please

Just go to Facebook, look up Universal Orlando Annual Passholder. Then you can ask to join it. If you join, can have what is posted in your feed. Otherwise just look on that Facebook page.

Usually on my phone, so sorry I cannot post the link.

Do we think we're allowed to leave and come back in after initial check-in or would that be subject to there being space at that time even though one had checked in earlier? We'll be there early in the day but planned to take an afternoon/dinner break and go back in the evening... I had just been assuming that would be fine, but now wonder if they wouldn't let me back in later for space reasons even though I'd been there earlier. Does anyone have experience with whether annual passholder events tend to run out of space?

I figured we'd be out of luck. Thanks for the reply @Lynne G

@jkattk my husband actually called Universal to ask something about our annual passes, and he also asked if the passholder night last year hit capacity quickly and what our odds were just coming in at the time of the event. Apparently it hit capacity really quickly last year. I imagine if they're having a 10am check-in, they don't expect people to stay for 10 hours until the actual event. I don't know how they track it...maybe you get a physical pass of some sort? It's too bad there isn't a way they could do this online. Seems like it will be kind of a nightmare with crowds showing up just to check in, but who knows?

@jkattk my husband actually called Universal to ask something about our annual passes, and he also asked if the passholder night last year hit capacity quickly and what our odds were just coming in at the time of the event. Apparently it hit capacity really quickly last year. I imagine if they're having a 10am check-in, they don't expect people to stay for 10 hours until the actual event. I don't know how they track it...maybe you get a physical pass of some sort? It's too bad there isn't a way they could do this online. Seems like it will be kind of a nightmare with crowds showing up just to check in, but who knows?
I tried emailing guest services a couple days ago to ask a couple questions. They just got back to me with the information from the website and said "at this time we do not have any further details. Visit a team member at the park for further assistance"... I wonder what they count as capacity for an event like this - park capacity or a much reduced capacity maximum for the event? When I first heard about it I was excited that it happened to be the weekend we will be there. I was planning to hit IOA in the morning, take an extended hotel/dinner break, and then go to this event in the evening since I was thinking of this as a lower crowds situation. Now, with all this talk of hitting capacity, I'm wondering if it wouldn't actually be less crowded to just go to US in the morning and IOA at night!

Oh, and as far as how to track it I was wondering if it's not a wristband since how else would workers be able to tell at a glance who they will need to tell to leave at 8:00 PM and who can stay.

I tried emailing guest services a couple days ago to ask a couple questions. They just got back to me with the information from the website and said "at this time we do not have any further details. Visit a team member at the park for further assistance"... I wonder what they count as capacity for an event like this - park capacity or a much reduced capacity maximum for the event? When I first heard about it I was excited that it happened to be the weekend we will be there. I was planning to hit IOA in the morning, take an extended hotel/dinner break, and then go to this event in the evening since I was thinking of this as a lower crowds situation. Now, with all this talk of hitting capacity, I'm wondering if it wouldn't actually be less crowded to just go to US in the morning and IOA at night!

I don't know for sure since I've never gone personally, but according to a site I read while trying to find out capacity numbers, in 2016 they did 2 nights (Aug 19th & 20th) for AP night and 8,000 people were allowed each night. That link made it sound like something you could pre-register for that year. Maybe they're trying something different having people just show up the day of? I wish we could pre-register, but maybe it turned out that wasn't a great system either.

I don't know for sure since I've never gone personally, but according to a site I read while trying to find out capacity numbers, in 2016 they did 2 nights (Aug 19th & 20th) for AP night and 8,000 people were allowed each night. That link made it sound like something you could pre-register for that year. Maybe they're trying something different having people just show up the day of? I wish we could pre-register, but maybe it turned out that wasn't a great system either.

The problem with pre registering is people will register that know more than likely they won't be able to go but grab a spot in case they can. So then people that want to and know they can may not get a spot.

Maybe with day off they are hoping then people will take it more serious. You have to be local or already in the nearby area on vacation to even sign up not all over the place.

The problem with pre registering is people will register that know more than likely they won't be able to go but grab a spot in case they can. So then people that want to and know they can may not get a spot.

Maybe with day off they are hoping then people will take it more serious. You have to be local or already in the nearby area on vacation to even sign up not all over the place.

Yeah, I thought about that too. There's no way to make everyone happy I suppose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter