Up Close with Rhinos-New Experience at AK

I've been calling almost every day. Cast Member says it's extremely popular and that they may be adding more times to visit. Though this could of course be uninformed nonsense, it's nice to think there might be the possibility.

We did the tour on Friday. It was a great experience, and the older female rhino was in a very friendly mood and wouldn't leave the area beside us, leaning up against the bars repeatedly to encourage us to pay attention to her. They moved the actual petting to the beginning of the rhino viewing since she was obviously in the mood to be petted, then we did a Q&A while the one keeper attempted to get her to do some trained behaviours (the only ones of which she did were the ones that involved staying close to us) like opening her mouth or lifting a foot on command. The time just flew by, and it was well worth the money, something very surprising at today's Disney parks.

I've been calling almost every day. Cast Member says it's extremely popular and that they may be adding more times to visit. Though this could of course be uninformed nonsense, it's nice to think there might be the possibility.
It’s also small. About 14 people and one tour per day.

Just getting my ducks in a row...

* You can book at 180 days out, right?
* Does the 180 + 10 thing like ADRs apply if you're staying onsite?
* Can you book online or do you have to call? If online is it at 6 and by phone at 7 like ADRs?

I REALLY want to do this for my birthday...

Just getting my ducks in a row...

* You can book at 180 days out, right?
* Does the 180 + 10 thing like ADRs apply if you're staying onsite?
* Can you book online or do you have to call? If online is it at 6 and by phone at 7 like ADRs?

I REALLY want to do this for my birthday...

The information on the WDW page does not indicate how many days out, but the calendar is open through the end of May. You have to call to reserve. We booked it as soon as it was available and took the tour on 12/6 so we had a short window once dates were released. It was amazing. My husband was a little apprehensive about touching the rhino until he saw her. Then I had to tell him to stop petting her so the next set of people could have a turn. LOL!

I did Caring for Giants right after Up Close With Rhinos. Different experience but I got a nice short video of Stella (who turns 2 this month).

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences! I always book Caring for Giants when I visit, and I am very excited to be seeing the Rhinos when I go in Jan!

Thanks I have that.. I’ll just pop it in my phone calendar I guess

QUOTE="SaintsManiac, post: 60041531, member: 539658"]Didn't get one for this or Caring for Giants. I wrote down my confirmation number and saw the charge on my card.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I have that.. I’ll just pop it in my phone calendar I guess

QUOTE="SaintsManiac, post: 60041531, member: 539658"]Didn't get one for this or Caring for Giants. I wrote down my confirmation number and saw the charge on my card.
[/QUOTE]

I added the details into MDE itinerary. Quick and easy! :)

I almost did that lol but it’s a bday surprise :)

QUOTE="SaintsManiac, post: 60041757, member: 539658"][/QUOTE]

I added the details into MDE itinerary. Quick and easy! :)[/QUOTE]

This sounds like such a fun tour! May have to look into it.

When I did other MK tours, I never got an email receipt or anything--I just added it as a "note" into my MDE itinerary. I'd make sure you get the confirmation number from the CM when you book over the phone, and that way you have something if there's a screwup and you're not on the list.

I just booked this for our August trip. Has anyone done it? How was the experience? It sounds exciting.

I just booked this for our August trip. Has anyone done it? How was the experience? It sounds exciting.

We did it on 1/29 and it was an awesome experience. The keeper that met with us was so in love with the rhinos and getting to pet one was the highlight of our trip. We got to see the new male Dugan. No pictures because it was backstage, but we also did the Caring for Giants experience and this one blew that one out of the water in my opinion. All money goes to conservation so it's a win win in my book.

It was close, as there was only one day open during our June trip, but reserved two spots for the Up Close with Rhinos tour. This was my MUST Do and I'm so excited. Anyone done it? Reviews? Tips?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter