Upcoming Budget Cuts - Please Read

I agree with maybe cutting the hours, but I am like alot
of us, if they keep cutting attractions I will probably change our minds about coming on in November. I think they are hurting themselves because some of us are not sure if we should come on or not, and this could sway our decision. Like just running one of the coasters on dueling dragons, my teenager has been looking forward to doing this one because of the impression they are near hits when they duel. I hope they reconsider that.

The most recent reports from DISers and articles from the Sentinel seem to indicate that the parks are filling up again. If that is the case, can the Express Kiosks be re-opened easily if they are needed? How about some of the smaller attractions? For example, if crowds pick up, could Storm Force or Triceratops Encounter be opened on a day-to-day basis?

Only 17 Daays left...Hoping for the Best!!

CoasterFev--

Thanks for the information. While I understand the situation and why these cuts are needed, I would be lying if I didn't say I am very disappointed. Even though Triceratops Encounter is a minor attraction, my five-year-old and I were both really looking forward to it. I had also planned to eat at Thundering Falls because I had heard so many good things about it. I agree with other posters who have stated that it is better to cut hours than attractions and eateries because people may not feel a need to spend as much time at US/IOA.

Having said that, I feel extremely lucky that this is a major concern to me. It could be sooo much worse.

Originally posted by Super Mom
The most recent reports from DISers and articles from the Sentinel seem to indicate that the parks are filling up again. If that is the case, can the Express Kiosks be re-opened easily if they are needed? How about some of the smaller attractions? For example, if crowds pick up, could Storm Force or Triceratops Encounter be opened on a day-to-day basis?

Only 17 Daays left...Hoping for the Best!!

yes the express dispensing machines can be easily re-opened. According to another thread the weekend crowds are one thing, the weekday attendance is very low. If the crowds are thru the week what they were 9/14 and 9/15 you will not need express.:cool:

Lovelyk68:

Thank you for your post. That's exactly how I feel but could not find the words.

nhrenee--

I think the events of 9/11/01 have certainly put things into perspective for many of us. If a few attractions are closed or the hours are shorter, it will be a disappointment, but at least I will be fortunate enough to be there with my dh and dks. Many in our country will no longer have those precious times together.

Kimberly

lovelyk68:

I never thought of it that way. Sure the Triceritops is closed and so are some tea cups, I would have just skipped those attractions anyway. So during this time we should not complain. We should go to Islands of Adventure and Universla Studios to be with the people we love and have a wonderful time and not worry about whether the two smallest attractions in the park are closed. This is just my opinion...

Thanks for your time,
Charlie:crazy:

Charlie--

Thanks for your reply. I think we both agree that this is a time to be thankful and to spend time with our families. However, I don't agree that we should not be allowed to express our disappointment because attractions or eateries are closed. I don't want to start an argument, but I am saying this so that you and other posters may understand why some are dissapointed. My five-year-old is barely 40 inches so that excludes him from most of the major attractions at IOA. His main options are the minor attractions that many will skip. Now some may say that we should just go to US, but I also have a 13-year-old that is very interested in the thrill rides. I have to balance the needs of our entire family. I am certainly not angry because of these decisions and I totally understand them. But if others are angry or disappointed they should not be made to feel guilty for saying so. Have a great day!

My five-year-old is barely 40 inches so that excludes him from most of the major attractions at IOA
We are in a similar situation. I have a 7 year old and a 4 year old. The 7 year old pretty much goes on everything except the Hulk (and he's working up the courage for that), but there are limited attractions that my 4 year old enjoys. If they close Storm Force, that is one less thing for him to do.

We are annual passholders and I will give Universal the benefit of the doubt for now, however we will be visiting the parks several times over the next few months and if the park is crowded and seems to have a fairly normal amount of guests for this time of the year and IF still they keep attractions closed and hours short in spite of crowds then I will definately be asking for an extension or partial credit on our passes. On the other hand if crowds are light then I'll just enjoy the short lines and accept the fact that these cuts are necessary for the time being.

Lovelyk68,

I have never been in that situation before, I have always rode thrill rides and I'm sorry if I offended you. I rode Storm Force and Triceritops a few times and they were fun. But I never thought about it from a family with small children. But I do stand by my comments about being with family and enjoying yourselves. I hope with these closed attractions you can still do this.

Thanks,
Charlie

I am one of four Scottish families travelling to Orlando for two weeks vacation. We have not booked our accommodation or any of our tickets. For most of us this is 5th, 6th or 7th visit, and although we were going to stay in Orlando and do all the parks. We are seriously thinking that if the parks are not going to give us the whole show we will move on and stay the two weeks on the coast and play golf.:cool:

Originally posted by John Pennet
I am one of four Scottish families travelling to Orlando for two weeks vacation. We have not booked our accommodation or any of our tickets. For most of us this is 5th, 6th or 7th visit, and although we were going to stay in Orlando and do all the parks. We are seriously thinking that if the parks are not going to give us the whole show we will move on and stay the two weeks on the coast and play golf.:cool:

are we talking east or west coast????

You are not understanding that the less the crowds the more you can ride your favorites over and over. Do not look at it as less, it is just more concentrated :eek:

Is Universal going to be doing that pay-by-month passes that Busch Gardens is doing? Things must be tough down there. I was just in a couple of Ohio parks nad they were busy but they don't have anywhere near the numbers of people that visit from long distances away like the Orlando parks. I am going to Busch Gardens and Sea World in early October. Let's see what happens by then.

I may also take my 2 year old to IOA and US. It's too bad about the closings. I hate to see this happen. I think IOA is truly a phenomenal park and I will support it as much as I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter