Upcoming port/itinerary changes HERE

Something I find interesting...

Just checked the GC port schedule and see Fantasy on every week thru Dec. I didn't look beyond that. (FYI there are 4-5 ships per day in port most weeks. yikes!)
Didn't see Fantasy on Falmouth or Cozumel yet beyond the 10/14 western. Unsure if they aren't updated or if Disney has a diff plan to pair with GC. Falmouth has 4+ ships in port each week too.

Just checked the GC port schedule and see Fantasy on every week thru Dec. I didn't look beyond that. (FYI there are 4-5 ships per day in port most weeks. yikes!)
Didn't see Fantasy on Falmouth or Cozumel yet beyond the 10/14 western. Unsure if they aren't updated or if Disney has a diff plan to pair with GC. Falmouth has 4+ ships in port each week too.
I have heard that too. I can understand them trying to work fast to secure spots for the rest of the year. But if the islands are still not ready for next year, I hope DCL can get a little creative with other islands (guess that will depend on Hurricane Maria). It will be kind of boring to have their Caribbean ship only doing one itinary - western. And wonder what will happen if a storm hits there? But after all these storms - not sure there will be much of a choice left.

While I know everything is so up in the air, people who are getting ready to check in at the 120, 90 and 75 days need some direction on signing up for things. For example, the Dolphin swim in Tortola was decimated... well the infrastructure. I believe the dolphins were moved to a protected area. So even if Tortola port is ready, will the excursion location be ready? So much unknown for those on the island, but also for tourists.

I just wish they'd hurry up and announce the 10/21 onward so I can bail on my 10/7 if they get more creative than just going all westerns this fall.
I feel the same way; however, I'm assuming that right now they don't want to get too far in advance because of potential impacts from future storms. (They wouldn't want to publish a change, and then have to change again.)

I feel the same way; however, I'm assuming that right now they don't want to get too far in advance because of potential impacts from future storms. (They wouldn't want to publish a change, and then have to change again.)

True. I was thinking San Juan was a potential option a week ago. Now maybe not.

The Fantasy is on the Jamaica port schedule as PAJ23-4-23. That is apparently a "code word" for the Fantasy. Once Disney announced that the Sept 23rd and Oct 7th changes they changed it to say Disney Fantasy. But that is the exact same code they used for those sailings as well. Apparently Disney has done this a lot in Jamaica to hide their plans from others.

How are you all checking port schedules? I can see ones on cruise sites, but not affiliated with the ports, but I can't find anything that's authoritative.

How are you all checking port schedules? I can see ones on cruise sites, but not affiliated with the ports, but I can't find anything that's authoritative.
Grand Cayman https://www.caymanport.com/ship-schedules-calendar/

Jamaica (this one is slow to load, you may not see it on your phone very well) the secret Fantasy code is only on the week of Oct 21. That's my cruise and we are waiting for the announcement from DCL. http://cruisejamaica.com/cruise-ship-arrival-schedule/

I just saw a thread on Cruise Critic where NCL has begun notifying customers on EC cruises of likely itinerary changes, with decisions to be made in the next couple of weeks. The people receiving these emails are scheduled to cruise in 2018, some as late as March. With Maria on the way now, the situation is only going to get worse. This has to be a logistical nightmare for all cruise lines. I know, it's nothing compared to the unfathomable loss the people actually living in the path of the hurricanes are experiencing. But that doesn't negate the difficult decisions ahead for all of the cruise lines.

I just saw a thread on Cruise Critic where NCL has begun notifying customers on EC cruises of likely itinerary changes, with decisions to be made in the next couple of weeks. The people receiving these emails are scheduled to cruise in 2018, some as late as March. With Maria on the way now, the situation is only going to get worse. This has to be a logistical nightmare for all cruise lines. I know, it's nothing compared to the unfathomable loss the people actually living in the path of the hurricanes are experiencing. But that doesn't negate the difficult decisions ahead for all of the cruise lines.
My parents are sailing on RC in May and they already received notice of new ports for their Eastern.

Just wondering-with all the changes of Eastern itineraries to Western for multiple cruise lines-do the Western ports have the ability to accommodate all the increases? I guess what I'm asking is will those ports feel "more crowded" than usual, less excursions to choose from, strain on the shops and restaurants, etc?

Just wondering-with all the changes of Eastern itineraries to Western for multiple cruise lines-do the Western ports have the ability to accommodate all the increases? I guess what I'm asking is will those ports feel "more crowded" than usual, less excursions to choose from, strain on the shops and restaurants, etc?

This is my concern as well. We were considering booking a Western cruise even before the hurricanes and now we are thinking about not booking at all. I think I had a cruise booked I would consider cancelling it. With the Eastern ports out for at least 6-12 months without considering Maria's impact that is a lot of cruise ships going to the same few ports.

I wondered about the cruise industry with all these islands being hit, and all the damage and the poor residents losing so much. I thought that they are losing places to sail to. It would be nice if Disney did more 10-day Southern Caribbean cruises next year.

Last edited:
I think if Disney switch to Western they should see if they can change order. I know that may be asking a lot. But, jeez, there are 17k passengers in GC some Tuesdays.

There are a bunch of other islands in the Caribbean to choose from why is Dcl sticking to only Jamaica, grand cayman and Cozumel?
Because there aren't really a lot of islands to choose from that can dock a large ship and handle port excursions at scale. They also need the port relationship and contracts. Adding a port is not a quick process for those reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter