Upcoming rocket launch Oct 16 &17.

Best place to watch is the walkway between the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower looking out over Bay Lake toward the Atlantic.

You can also see the planes on approach/departure to/from MCO.

If the sky is clear the view will not be a problem.

Bama Ed

Thanks for posting this Denise. I saw an afternoon launch of a Spacex Falcon a couple of years ago from the Fort boat dock waiting on the boat to arrive. Very cool to see!

I have been lucky to catch 4 launches. Last Oct (2017) we drove to KCS and watched a SpaceX launch from about 3.5 miles away and it was amazing. Earlier that May we arrived back into Port Canaveral on a cruise just before a SpaceX launch. I have also watched a rocket (2002) and the Space Shuttle Endeavour (STS-123 in 2008) launch from Titusville off of A1A and both were night launches. If you have transportation I highly recommend getting closer and head over near the Space Center.

Last Jan we met some friends for dinner at Trails End marathon weekend. It was jammed so we had to wait an hour for dinner. When we finally got out we headed for the boat dock. My friend started talking to someone standing on the dock but not getting on the boat. As we got on the boat we saw a rocket shoot off and watched it go up. What was funny was at the same time the fireworks were going off at the MK. When we docked at Wilderness Lodge the boat captain saw us looking at the rocket and not at the fireworks and was wondering what was going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter