Update - Add-On Signed

crux

Mouseketeer
Although we purchased 150 points at VWL last September and haven't been 'home' yet, my DW and I have decided to buy an additional 72 points at BCV as an add-on for our 15th Anniversary :teeth: (Otherwise we'd only do something sensible with the £4K, like pay a chunk off the mortgage ;))

As we are 'going home' in ten weeks time, I'd like to know whether any one has done an add-on and had the paperwork posted from, and back to, the USA and how long it took? Or are we better ringing MS and telling them that we want to buy the add-on and to get the paperwork ready so we can sign it when we arrive?

A second question, assuming we sign everything when we are at WDW. How long after signing for the add-on can we book using the points - the plan is to bank the 2002 BCV points and use three years points to book late this October for a two week stay in September 2003. But will the add-on points be available to book with only three or four weeks after signing?

Yes, we bought an add-on a couple of months ago and had all the paperwork sent here and returned by FedEx. I think it took about a week for the papers to arrive after speaking to our guide to agree the purchase. We signed and returned them within a day or two, but I don't know how long it took for them to be received back in Florida.

The option to sign in Florida wasn't one I had contemplated, so I don't know whether it would be 'better', but maybe your guide could advise you on that.

Add-on points are available straight away after signing (like your original purchase), but there is some slight complication if you want to borrow any of those points from your next use year - as in your planned booking for Sept 2003. I think it is possible to borrow them before the deed has been recorded, but you need your guide to speak with MS to clear the transaction. Again, I'd suggest asking your guide to clarify this :)

Hi,
We purchased a 52 point add-on when we were last in Orlando in May.It took about an hour from start to finish and all you need is your passport and method of payment.We were told that the points were not available until the deed was recorded (June 12th)but our guide said that MS will usually let you book accomodation for the future if it dosen't involve any banking transactions.

Mick.

:smooth:

We agreed a 72 point add-on at BCV last night :teeth:

It's now a race to make sure that everthing goes through by the 30th September to make sure that we can bank all the points - our use year is April. Assuming everything goes through OK we'll be booking our Sept 2003 trip to BCV at the end of October.

Hillary
How long after you sent back the paperwork were the points available to you?

Sorry to take so long to reply, but we've been away for a few days.

How long after you sent back the paperwork were the points available to you?

We paid outright (not financed) in two monthly installments by cc. The current year's points were available from the time we made the first payment over the phone to our guide when we agreed on the purchase.

The only potential delay would have been if we'd wanted to make a booking using borrowed points before the final installment had been processed. However, our guide told us that if we needed to borrow points we just had to speak with her before MS so that she could authorise the transaction.

So, in our experience, the timescale didn't appear to have anything to do with the paperwork (maybe because this was an add-on and they already had all our details confirmed), more to do with the payment. The arrangements may be different if you're using Disney financing.

We've signed for the 72 point add-on - I've been tracking the FedEx parcel with our signed documents and it arrived in Orlando an hour ago!

Estimated completion date of 10th September which gives us plenty of time to bank this years points so we'll be booking two weeks at BCV for September 2003 :teeth:

Anyone looking to buy points make sure you buy enough (if that's possible ;) ) - now we've got 150 at VWL and 72 at BCV we have enough to go for two weeks every year in a studio :bounce: a three year cycle of one year at BCV and two years at VWL.

Thanks for all the help and advice, especially Hillary - plus Kev Stringer who answered lots of questions before we bought the first set of points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter