• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update on Us...

MommytoMJM

Disney is a lifestyle!
For this update to make sense you need to know that Andrew was laid off from AOL a week and a half ago (I tried to post it here, but for some reason I couldn't post anything)

Morning everyone-

This has to be quick because MJ is going to be demanding immidiate entry into my lap soon....

Andrew got word that CRO was having an open house yesterday and it was the last day for it. Yesterday was the day that we were scheduled to go to MNSSHP (Our friends Steven and Alicia took our whole family) Since he had to go to the CRO thing he dropped us off at MK with a CM friend who was off and he toddled off to CRO. Since it was unexpected, he didn't have his resume or anything ready :( He was gone all day (which made for a very long day for me and MJ) but when he got back to MK (right before the party) he had been offered a job! There are three tiers at CRO and he was offered a job in the highest one. (Guess 6 years of travel experience and being a graduate of the Disney College of Knowledge helped) It makes a bit more than his last job (not a lot, but a bit) his Traditions class is November 10th, training starts the 13th. He will have Thanksgiving and Xmas off. For training his schdule is 2:00-10:30 pm and I think he has Fri/Sat off (not sure tho) After training I am not sure what his schedule will be, probably evenings still, but days off will be mid week.

We are now going to start on finding a place to move to. The CRO is off of Kirkman Road (about 10 miles or so from Disney I think) There is one apt complex over there that we are going to look at. I'll let you all know what happens as we go.

I'm married to a CM. :)

aren't you already less than an hour away?

I might be tempted to stay where you are at right now.

Glad he found another job so fast..... :teeth:

That's great Bonny! Tell Andrew I'm really happy for him. Being a CM is so much fun. I hope you and MJ are doing well, also.

Congratulations! Now at least your family will have excellent health insurance and you won't have to worry about costs for medical equipment, medications, etc. Plus you'll have all the Disney benefits to enjoy. :-) I'm so glad for you! ---Kathy

spiceycat said:
aren't you already less than an hour away?

I might be tempted to stay where you are at right now.

We are less than an hour away, but we do need to move. A 70 mile commute 7 days a week is too expensive and with Andrew's new schedule we need to be as close as possible to a support system who can help me with MJ in a pinch (in our case, our CM friends who all live near Disney) It will work out better in the long run, but it is a pain to move. This will be our 3rd move since we got to Florida in March of 2004.

I used to live in the Grand Reserve at Kirkman Park, which is a complex at the NE corner of Kirkman and L.B. McLeod. This is two traffic lights North of Universal. There are lots of apartment complexes in that area.

Congrats to Andrew. Being a CM is really a great job. I wish you luck with all of the packing. I hate moving , The packing and unpacking is so hard and with a special needs child its 100x harder.I hope it all goes really smooth.

Congratulations and good luck! Pixie dust coming so that you find a great apt quickly. :wizard:

MommytoMJM said:
I'm married to a CM. :)
Oh, I'm so jealous!!!
Really, Congratulations!!!!!!!!
I tried to get DH to look for jobs in Orlando when he was looking last year, but no go. He is just too much a midwesterner!

i was afraid it would be bad news, but this is very good news indeed!
Congrats to your DH.
And good luck to you on your move. I know how hard moving can be and wish you a quick and easy move.
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter