Update Toy Story Midway Mania Scenes?

DisneyFive

When is the 3:00 parade?
Anyone know if Disney has ever hinted at changing the scenes on Toy Story Midway Mania?

I love this ride, and the scenes are great, but it's getting awfully repetitive for us over the years. I just don't look forward to the ride like I used to.

Seems like something they could do fairly easily in the grand scheme of things to revamp the ride.

Dan

Anyone know if Disney has ever hinted at changing the scenes on Toy Story Midway Mania?

I love this ride, and the scenes are great, but it's getting awfully repetitive for us over the years. I just don't look forward to the ride like I used to.

Seems like something they could do fairly easily in the grand scheme of things to revamp the ride.

Dan

Dan

I certainly hope they don’t anytime soon! We are working as a family to try and get some high scores! Are you familiar with the hidden targets/extras in each scene? They really make playing fun to try and unlock them to get to the special high point targets. Just recently, we rode with a family in the same pod of vehicles and the mom scored the month high....479,000 ....very impressive! To keep it fun, our family pairs up and combines scores and tries to beat each other.

Dan
When they first built the ride they said they would do this. It never happened and doubt it will.

I certainly hope they don’t anytime soon! We are working as a family to try and get some high scores! Are you familiar with the hidden targets/extras in each scene? They really make playing fun to try and unlock them to get to the special high point targets. Just recently, we rode with a family in the same pod of vehicles and the mom scored the month high....479,000 ....very impressive! To keep it fun, our family pairs up and combines scores and tries to beat each other.

Yes, but just think how fun it would be with NEW hidden targets to find and unlock in the scenes!

Dan

Think it will more be something that they look at doing when the popularity starts to wain for the ride. Right now it still pulls a lot of people in, and they are focused on a lot of other projects around the entire resort. Plus with the new land around it opening next year it will likely see a new surge in popularity/attendance as is. Might as well keep something new for when that dies down.
Could see something new t help promotoe Toy Story 4 when it comes out at least. Am hoping eventually for holiday overlays for it with Halloween and Christmas themed games. Especially with Disneyland having it and them doing lots of overlays for that park I see them at least designing it with that park in mind and porting it over to WDW as well.

Similar to what @maverik85 said. In Anaheim they are moving halloween over to DCA and by next year the party will be there. That means Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday will probably go. They need to make halloween rides over at DCA and they have Toy Story Midway Mania there so I would assume they would do a Halloween overlay because they just need to program it into the system and they are good to go.

And yes they do have Monsters after dark, overlays on the 2 minor cars ride and there is a rumored Halloween overlay of Radiator Springs Racers, but I think that they could add in a toy story Halloween theme after 6 pm like what Monsters After Dark does.

Similar to what @maverik85 said. In Anaheim they are moving halloween over to DCA and by next year the party will be there. That means Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday will probably go. They need to make halloween rides over at DCA and they have Toy Story Midway Mania there so I would assume they would do a Halloween overlay because they just need to program it into the system and they are good to go.

And yes they do have Monsters after dark, overlays on the 2 minor cars ride and there is a rumored Halloween overlay of Radiator Springs Racers, but I think that they could add in a toy story Halloween theme after 6 pm like what Monsters After Dark does.

Regardless what they eventually do with the Mickey's Halloween Party at DLR, DL will still have a Halloweentime season, Halloween decorations and a reason for the GG and HMH overlays. It's become one of the most popular times of the year at DL.

I think it could be awesome, but any changes would need to happen well after Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land open - too much down right now and when SWL opens they need to have as much open as possible since it will be a madhouse.

I think it could be awesome, but any changes would need to happen well after Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land open - too much down right now and when SWL opens they need to have as much open as possible since it will be a madhouse.
I don’t think the ride will need to go down at all. Mission breakout never went down to install monsters after dark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!