Update- Trip for 4 now!!!Rookie OCDer plans her first trip!

Love your PTR!! Your DD is so cute. I'm addicted to Disney and dressing DD and DS too :)

Have a great trip! We'll be going in October for our twins first trip and they'll be 28 mos, so I'll be excited to read your TR!!

Just found your report and am all caught up.

Reese is so adorable. I think custom shirts will be cute, but the ones from the Disney store are usually pretty nice and hold up well. I am not creative enough for customs things unless you can iron them on. :rotfl:

Hi everyone! ADR day is Tuesday and I am freaking out! DH and I sat down last night to nail down our decisions. We h ave to pick places that Reese will be entertained at because she's starting her terrible twos a little early! DH is completely happy with all the choices,but he'll get over it. Like I have said earlier, he wants to go to all the "fancy" restaurants and we just cant do that with a 2 year old who screams! Here are our final choices.
Monday: Epcot, but dinner at Chef Mickey's so we can see Spectro after.
Tuesday: MK, but dinner at Epcot's Coral Reef
Wednesday: HS, dinner at Planet Hollywood, then DTD shopping
Thursday: AK, quick dinner off property, doing Tusker House breakfast as our TS.
Friday: No dining plan this day, so we'll just do quick service lunch before we leave!

In other news, the custom seller on Etsy is giving me the run around. Basically, I'm going to be out of my $150. I probably wont get the clothes. I'm so mad. She claims to be sick and in and out of the hospital, but I dont believe her. She's given these stories before to other people. I've filed a dispute with paypal and Etsy, but I haven't heard anything from them. I don't know what else to do. I'm a SAHM who lives on a tight budget so I should never have ordered all the clothes to begin with, but now I'm not even going to get them! I don't have the money to order from a different seller, so Reese wont have customs and that's ok. She wont care. It just makes me so upset to be taken advantage of.

Your ADR's look great. Have you throught about doing a Crystal Palace breakfast at 8:00 to get into MK before opening (needs to be on a non extra hours day). It is the best with a toddler, then you can do the Dumbo Dash and get there quick.

I am so sorry about your customs. Why won't she give you your money back if she can't make the items? I would be irrate. We did customs for Abby's first two trips, but this year, I have decided to do Disney T-shirts and princess costumes. It will be a whole lot cheaper. I may do one custom for MVMCP, but don't know.

Keep us posted.

In other news, the custom seller on Etsy is giving me the run around. Basically, I'm going to be out of my $150. I probably wont get the clothes. I'm so mad. She claims to be sick and in and out of the hospital, but I dont believe her. She's given these stories before to other people. I've filed a dispute with paypal and Etsy, but I haven't heard anything from them. I don't know what else to do. I'm a SAHM who lives on a tight budget so I should never have ordered all the clothes to begin with, but now I'm not even going to get them! I don't have the money to order from a different seller, so Reese wont have customs and that's ok. She wont care. It just makes me so upset to be taken advantage of.

I have no idea what Etsy is? But, I dont understand why the seller is not refunding your money if she is not going to make your items? Did she refuse to refund your money? :confused:

I am so sorry about your Etsy problems! If you've filed a complaint with Paypal, you should hear from them. They are usually pretty good about people not receiving their goods. Have you filed a complaint with Etsy too!!

ADRs look good! We are planning on Coral Reef too! You might want to check out Wolfgang Puck Cafe (the downstairs) for your DTD dinner, it's YUM and nice and loud!

Well, paypal responded. They can't do anything because its been more than 45 days. I haven't heard from Etsy and probably wont since the seller shut down her account there. What a bummer.

Thanks for the suggestions on improving our ADRs! I will look at all the menus of your reccomendations. In less than 100 days I will be in Disney!!!

It's been a while since I've posted. We've been very busy and Reese was sick for 2 weeks straight. the biggest news is that we're adding another person to our trip, sorta. I just found out that I'm PREGNANT! We thought we'd wait until after Disney to get pregnant with #2, but God had other plans. We are so over the moon excited. I'm due the end of February, so I'll be about 18 weeks along at Disney. IMO- this is the perfect time to go on a vacation. I will hopefully be feeling great and not too huge by then. Right now I'm feeling great except for being extremely tired. Now I have to rethink my whole packing scheme since I will for sure be in maternity clothes in Disney.

Yeah - congrats. We are trying to get pregnant right now. No luck so far, but it has only been 2 months. We go in Nov so am hoping I will be preggo, too, when we go. What ADR's did you end up getting?

The ADR thing was a nightmare. Online ADRs started the morning I was calling, so I got some bad times. I ended up doing some switching around and now I'm ok with what we have.
9/14: 5:55 Crystal Palace (wanted Chef Mickeys)
9/15 6:00 Coral Reef ( had 4:00 originally)
9/16 5:45 Planet Hollywood- the only one I got exactly when I wanted the first time
9/17 8:25 breakfast Tusker House (had 9:15 originally)
I was upset about not getting Chef Mickey's but then I started thinking that DD will get to meet Mickey at Tusker House,plus she's getting into Tigger and Pooh, so I think it will be ok.
I'm now hitting some pregnancy induced food aversions. I cant stand the sight/smell of meat. I'm hoping I'll be over it by Disney. If not, I may end up ordering off the kids menu to get grilled cheese!

I was the same way when I was pregnant, but it was only chicken (something I normally love and could eat again as soon as I had Abby). It is kinda wierd how that happens. I am getting nervous about ADR's. My 90 day window is Aug 10th. I think I will try the on-line way since the kinks are probably out of it. I'm waiting for the Nov park hours to come out before I firm them up.

I could go the less expensive option and just stock up on some t shirts from the Disney Store. Lets face it, they aren't as cute a custom shirts. I dont like the writing on them and I'm afraid they would fall apart quickly. On the other hand, DD could probably ruin a custom shirt rather quickly too. Oh the decisions!

Disney store shirt:
100116M

Hi, I just found your PTR! I think I am still only on the first page--don't worry I am one of those OCD planners too! :rotfl: From my short time on the DIS boards, there are a lot of us. Where else can we discuss our plans without driving our DHs crazy? :rolleyes1

From my personal experience, the Disney clothes have held up amazingly well! We have order a number of shirts and nightgowns for my daughter and she outgrows them before they look worn. I order big too so she can wear them a little bit longer. If you sign up to get their emails they send discounts frequently and have great sales too.

I have to admit I want to do custom shirts too, I need to look through the DISign board more.

Your DD is adorable! :) Ok--back to reading the rest of the thread. Sorry if I am duplicating information.

Finished reading the PTR! First off--congratulations!! :goodvibes You must be really excited for your second bundle of joy.

I cannot believe the mess with Etsy. Did you try contacting Etsy again?? Surely they can do something about the money you are going to be out otherwise?? :confused3

:cutie: DD is just too cute--the outfit you made her is adorable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter