UPDATED 01/14/20 - The FW DISMeet 2020-See Post #283 For Latest News and Updates

Happy new year all my dis camping friends? Anyone else getting super excited about the meet since 2020 is upon us???

Arc, it is upon us. I made my Lake Louisa reservation for the night before, and am waiting for the 180-day window for ADR and book some possible dining dates with DW. More to come. I had an idea or two during the holiday lull.

Bama Ed

Happy new year all my dis camping friends? Anyone else getting super excited about the meet since 2020 is upon us???

Yep! Getting ready to get tickets for the parks, trying to talk my youngest DS and girlfriend to join us! Like Ed, waiting patiently for ADR window to open.

Is there tentative plans for a DIS meal at Trails End one day? We’re also tossing around dining reservation ideas...

Wait, I thought we had voted that you were hosting breakfast everyday ??

I guess I have to start to plan, wow, I usually have all this stuff ready....I am falling behind.

I had considered, if everyone is open to the idea, hosting a meal on our site.

Of course, this may boil down to the size of the site. If I land a small site it might not be as easy but I'm perfectly willing to host. We can setup a potluck dinner or lunch. I believe Ed had previously mentioned possibly on Columbus Day itself. Personally I would prefer a dinner, this would allow for folks to go to the parks that day and enjoy some things during daylight hours and thus everyone maybe not be in such a hurry that night and can hang out and talk.

I have been talking with @SouthAlabama5er previously about some ideas for some items. I mean, we've actually deep fried whole ribeye before so Lord only knows what we might can come up with. We can keep it simple, hot dogs and hamburgers, but I was thinking just go all out and put together what you like and we'll pile it all up. I'll be happy to bring plenty of plates and utensils for everyone for that meal.

Now, this does not mean that some of us can't also plan some smaller along the way greets as well. These are also fun.

Is there tentative plans for a DIS meal at Trails End one day? We’re also tossing around dining reservation ideas...

I am of the opinion, serentiygr, that we ask people to commit to attend the Monday kickoff meal (be it afternoon or dinner) as long as it's not mostly in the dark after sunset. Then if people want to plan additional get togethers or dinings like TE, it can be on a smaller ad-hoc basis without necessarily asking 25 groups to make an additional commitment. Make a reservation for 6 at TE on Wednesday night for example and see who can go with you. Or something like that.

I'm also going to do maybe two more attention/interest drives in the coming months to try to fill up our allotment of space. I'm hopeful that since everyone says it's hard to get a campsite that some folks will take a chance and join us for some fun and fellowship in October.

Bama Ed

PS - oh and tiggerdad, we'll need to get a location to host college football viewing at the end of the week for those who will still be there on that Saturday. Santa brought a new 32" HDTV for camping. :happytv: I'm willing if nobody else wants to.

Last edited:

If I land a small site it might not be as easy but I'm perfectly willing to host.
Well depending on where we land, if we are next door, I will accommodate as well. I've got extra tables for food set up.
I like the idea of different foods from different places if people are so inclined (I know I am) and burgers/dogs as back up?

I could bring down McKenzie all natural casing hotdogs. They are a VT. favorite. If I can get a rough idea of number of campers that will be attending I could also bring some VT. maple syrup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!