UPDATED 01/14/20 - The FW DISMeet 2020-See Post #283 For Latest News and Updates

@tiggerdad you have a black golf cart you need to put the the Trans Am Eagle on the hood of your cart!

Then all we need is someone to be Big and Little Enos Burdette, they'll a "suit that's a size 68 extra fat and a 12 dwarf".

PS. My DW found the costumes online.

Sending you a PM. God bless your DW - does she know she is going to unleash the Kraken?

ED

We are arriving on 10/04 & yes we can do Monday Dismeet or any night. Arnold is bringing his ribs & Shiner Bock beer. Arnold doesn’t drink beer, but our son drinks that. We will keep an eye on the sites & anything else that we can do. We will arrive. (10/23/19) at The Fort until 11/11. Staying tomorrow night @ LLSP.

Thinking we may have to try and extend our stay, the book signing DW went to over the weekend is going to be here again next year, just not sure of the dates yet. Does anyone know if the TA will have to make that adjustment or should I be able to? Thanks

Thinking we may have to try and extend our stay, the book signing DW went to over the weekend is going to be here again next year, just not sure of the dates yet. Does anyone know if the TA will have to make that adjustment or should I be able to? Thanks

Technically in the Disney reservation system, Vince, the Travel Agent "owns" the reservation so she has to be to the one to make the change but she should do so at your direction. I have never used a TA for a reservation until the DISMeet but contractually we are tied to her to do the heavy lifting because Disney pays her commission (as they do other TA and they earn their money).

Like everything in life, there are pluses and minuses to everything and in the big point of view, using a TA for the DISMeet is generally a plus. But that does mean it's technically "her" reservation in "your" name. Just as any TA who makes a reservation for a Disney Resort guest.

But go ahead and make the request soon because I am going to bump this thread again with a booking update soon (and a reminder) so for those of you who have already booked (or have friends you want to add on) do so now because I will be making another wide reminder soon. (We have to fill a certain number of campsites/cabins before a certain point in time).

Bama Ed

PS - have a great current stay (Oct/19) at the Fort. ::yes::

Last edited:
Little Bear Path was having a get together tonight. Lots of food, candy, alcohol and trick or treating for the youngsters.
6689917E-222C-456B-BFC7-19AAE3AA7123.jpeg

1D123887-BC2E-4C9D-BECE-E091514E67DA.jpeg

9CADAE21-B157-40D2-A0D7-886582122FAF.jpeg

Pretty sure we can out do’em next year.

Last year I’m thinking there was a big group of firefighters there- wonder if it’s the same group... we were checking in about this time last year- wish we were again this year!

So, as I work to put together my Bandit outfit I have been talking with @SouthAlabama5er about next year's meet.

At prior Dismeets, Randy and I are usually pretty cool with hosting the eating events. @Flametamr I'll admit pulled off a good one this year at GSP as well. Randy and I have been talking, and either one of us are happy to host the meet at that event as well. We will continue to discuss this obviously as we get closer, but would like some ideas and feedback from you on possible options. Typically, Randy and I try to set something up for a main item or two, and then typically everyone brings a side of some sort and it all just piles up. I had considered shrimp, but thinking about hauling it and keeping it cool for 3-4 days would not work out well. Also, not sure about Disney's opinion on open flame cooker to fire that huge pot either.

We can be as simple as hamburgers and hot dogs, or traditional items items like chicken, or ribs. We have plenty of time, so no for sure plans, but I would like to try to put together some notes in the meantime. One of the things I have enjoyed the most about prior Dismeets is some of you are from different parts of the country where different food ideas come into play and it has been fun sampling "foreign" food.

@bama_ed has been working hard to help get it organized as far as sites and all, so I'd like to take this off his shoulders. Also, Ed It might help Randy and I if you can find out if we can have a site right across from one another as typically we both share the process.

Again, just ideas and as time gets closer we can get a better head count so we can better decide on quantity.

Last edited:
Ok, just to add, in case of allergies, to see who is allergic to what. That way we can post whats in it if someone cant have something. We do thos for out rallies as my kido is allergic to tree nuts.

So, as I work to put together my Bandit outfit I have been talking with @SouthAlabama5er about next year's meet.

At prior Dismeets, Randy and I are usually pretty cool with hosting the eating events. @Flametamr I'll admit pulled off a good one this year at GSP as well. Randy and I have been talking, and either one of us are happy to host the meet at that event as well. We will continue to discuss this obviously as we get closer, but would like some ideas and feedback from you on possible options. Typically, Randy and I try to set something up for a main item or two, and then typically everyone brings a side of some sort and it all just piles up. I had considered shrimp, but thinking about hauling it and keeping it cool for 3-4 days would not work out well. Also, not sure about Disney's opinion on open flame cooker to fire that huge pot either.

We can be as simple as hamburgers and hot dogs, or traditional items items like chicken, or ribs. We have plenty of time, so no for sure plans, but I would like to try to put together some notes in the meantime. One of the things I have enjoyed the most about prior Dismeets is some of you are from different parts of the country where different food ideas come into play and it has been fun sampling "foreign" food.

@bama_ed has been working hard to help get it organized as far as sites and all, so I'd like to take this off his shoulders. Also, Ed It might help Randy and I if you can find out if we can have a site right across from one another as typically we both share the process.

Again, just ideas and as time gets closer we can get a better head count so we can better decide on quantity.

Plan is to bring down my smoker, so as long as we know a bit ahead of time, it will reach a temp of 400 degrees. I did a large turkey one day. I believe it was about a 20 lb bird. Can do ribs, pork loin, beef roast, and no open flame. I have 5 temperature probes that can go in the cabinet to monitor food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!