UPDATED 01/14/20 - The FW DISMeet 2020-See Post #283 For Latest News and Updates

As far as "foreign foods" we will bring some midwestern fare. I will admit, I'm not that good at grilling and such, but I will gladly help with prep and clean up

Quick note, 6 am did not happen. Got up at 7:30 am. 12 hiking miles also did not happen, we did 13 :). Will be updating my thread with pics today. Today we are working and not hiking to give our legs a break.

We just don't eat seafood, other than that we're good.

Getting ready for our thanksgiving trip to TN :)

As FYI I have made my "night before" reservation at Lake Louisa State Park in Clermont for the night of Friday October 9, 2020. Then I will cruise over to the Fort Saturday morning and have nearly a full day there. I'll be in campsite #1 at LLSP (next to a Comfort Station).

Those of you already set up in our FW loop in when I arrive will see only a wisp of smoke as I back into the site.

Bama Ed

PS - I am working on an update of who is signed up. Trying to reconcile some info with the TA. Part of that may include me contacting you via PM. Just want to make sure we have everyone accounted for. I will post the updated list of attendees and dates so watch for that soon.

Here on November 13, 2019 is the latest update: we've added three more campers:

111319 DISMeet Update.PNG

Still plenty of room to add more folks. No more Full sites left, only Premiums for our group. As an aside, I checked the Disney booking tool for our main week (the second week shown above) and there were no more Full or Premiums showing available. If you've been to the Fort recently and would like to get back and meet some of the folks you have read, please consider joining us and bring your friends.

Bama Ed

Just booked Friday, October 9th at Lake Louisa. Site 2, across the road from Ed. :wave: It is a curved pull through. Hopefully I can make the kink in the middle without taking down the power pole. 42 ft of trailer doesn't bend well in the middle.

This will be our 3rd try at Lake Louisa. 2017, Hurricane Irma made a brief mess of the place and it was closed. 2018, I had truck problems coming through Atlanta and had to stay that night waiting for a truck part. This year we flew down and stayed with friends. Hopefully the 3rd time is a charm.

j

Just booked Friday, October 9th at Lake Louisa. Site 2, across the road from Ed. :wave: It is a curved pull through. Hopefully I can make the kink in the middle without taking down the power pole. 42 ft of trailer doesn't bend well in the middle.

I hope it works out for you, Jim. It would be fun to chat in the evening with you and DW.

Ed

It would be fun to chat in the evening with you and DW.
Thanks Ed. Same here. Right now (it's still a long way off) I am planning on leaving on Thursday. We'll drive somewhere past half way, stay over and then drive in to LLSP on Friday. Two shorter (8 hour) days is not bad at all. That will give us more time at LLSP, run out for groceries and just relax.

j

Just got off the phone with guests services, and our total time at the Fort will be Oct. 4-18 for the Dis meet in a full site, then we will be back Nov. 1-9 in a preferred site so DW can go to her book convention again this year.

And in between those dates we will be spending 2 weeks at ( fingers crossed for no hurricane damage) Boyd’s Keywest campground. Trying to make up for not taking the MH out last year.

And in between those dates we will be spending 2 weeks at ( fingers crossed for no hurricane damage) Boyd’s Keywest campground.
I would love to camp in the Keys. That's been one of my dreams. I've been to the Keys many times, but that is a REALLY long haul for us and the trailer. I'm also not sure how many places we will fit now.

j

Just got off the phone with guests services, and our total time at the Fort will be Oct. 4-18 for the Dis meet in a full site, then we will be back Nov. 1-9 in a preferred site so DW can go to her book convention again this year.

And in between those dates we will be spending 2 weeks at ( fingers crossed for no hurricane damage) Boyd’s Keywest campground. Trying to make up for not taking the MH out last year.

I did Boyd's in 2011.

Here is my thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/just-back-a-short-visit-to-the-fort.2682601/

Fort Zachary Taylor in KW for beach, shore snorkel, and watching the cruise ships go in and out. The Ferry to Dry Tortugas and maybe tent camp over night at the end of the earth (on my bucket list). Takes some planning to pull this off.
Sunsets from Mallory Square.

The Dolphin Research Center on Vaca Key mile marker 59. My DD really loved it.
https://dolphins.org/

In Marathon, the Keys Fisheries Restaurant get The Lobster Reuben
https://www.keysfisheries.com/menu/

And I hear Halloween in Key West can be Quite.The.Party

Good luck Vince.

Bama Ed

PS - on Stock Island where Boyd's is, Hogfish Grill Restaurant.

I did Boyd's in 2011.
  • Fort Zachary Taylor in KW for beach, shore snorkel, and watching the cruise ships go in and out.
  • The Ferry to Dry Tortugas
  • Sunsets from Mallory Square.
  • The Dolphin Research Center on Vaca Key mile marker 59.
  • In Marathon, the Keys Fisheries Restaurant get The Lobster Reuben
  • And I hear Halloween in Key West can be Quite.The.Party
  • PS - on Stock Island where Boyd's is, Hogfish Grill Restaurant.
Yep! All of that.

We love the Keys and Key West.

I'll add,
  • Truman Annex and the Little White House
  • The lighthouse
  • Hemingway House
  • Mel Fisher's Museum
  • Sailing on The Fury
  • Duval St (and all the restaurants and shops)
  • All the polydactyl kitties

j

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!