UPDATED 1/14/20 - The FW DISMeet 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
Here on November 13, 2019 is the latest update: we've added three more campers:

View attachment 452415

Still plenty of room to add more folks. No more Full sites left, only Premiums for our group. As an aside, I checked the Disney booking tool for our main week (the second week shown above) and there were no more Full or Premiums showing available. If you've been to the Fort recently and would like to get back and meet some of the folks you have read, please consider joining us and bring your friends.

Bama Ed111319 DISMeet Update.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks,

Since it is now the year 2020, it is time to revisit our DISMeet 2020 coming this October to Fort Wilderness. We plan to gather and camp together over several days and to enjoy the fellowship in person that exists on this board. I would like to invite any of you who might consider camping with us at the Fort to respond to me via a Private Message (PM) to get the ball rolling. The reservation window will be closing soon. We have a group reservation, a block of Premium (not Meadow) campsites and will be placed together in the same loop for convenience (we have a handful of Full sites but those are all reserved already for our core dates).

Here is the current list of reservations:

Ressies as of 011420.PNG

We have two weeks in our group block and the core get-together is in the second week. We plan to have a meal (lunch or dinner) together on Monday Oct 12 at the campsites to break the ice, talk, and get to know each other (the "Meet" part of a DISMeet). That is the ONLY time we are asking you to set aside for the DIS portion of your vacation. People are encouraged to make other plans together if they wish over the course of their stay. Along with DIS folks from the camping board, I encourage you to invite any friends of yours to join us through an invitation from you. That's what the "f/o" stands for next to a few names above - "friend of".

I will share campsite rates with you when I receive your PM. The rates are the same for every day of the group block and do NOT fluctuate depending on weekday or weekend stays. They are generally consistent with current average rates for that time of year so I'm not offering a discount per se - what I am offering is access to a time of the year that is already hard to get (especially on the weekends included). As I said, the few Full sites in the group are claimed for a portion of the second week. We also have two cabins in the group whose flat rate we have is particularly advantageous compared to weekend rates.

I keep hearing that campsites are hard to get at the Fort most of the year: this is your chance to get a Premium and know what you're getting and when you can get it. Start the process by sending me a PM and I will provide you with more information.

Bama Ed

PS - the allotment of Premium sites in the first week is somewhat limited but we open up our full allotment beginning with Saturday Oct 10 arrivals. So please COME JOIN US!

PPS - here is the full thread on the Community Board. https://www.disboards.com/threads/u...post-238-for-latest-news-and-updates.3753292/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!