I got a new Target "bonus" today, $20 off when you spend $120. This is the kind that does NOT work on GC :(
Same here. I did try putting the DGCs in the cart, along with another item, to reach required spending. Alas it didn't work. They have changed the wording of the exclusions. It specifically states "gift cards" not just pre-paid, MC/Visa, Target gift cards ETC.

Target has been a major source of discounted gift cards for me. These changes are unfortunate.

My target circle bonus is $15 off $60 of home care. Shows things like detergent & paper products. That’s pretty much all I buy at Target so it works. Although, I have plenty of points & Target gift cards I need to use. I suppose it’s worth it to pay cash & get 25% off.

Same here. I did try putting the DGCs in the cart, along with another item, to reach required spending. Alas it didn't work. They have changed the wording of the exclusions. It specifically states "gift cards" not just pre-paid, MC/Visa, Target gift cards ETC.

Target has been a major source of discounted gift cards for me. These changes are unfortunate.
This is not new, though. The "Get $X off a $Y purchase" type of offers have never worked with GC.

Last edited:

This not new, though. The "Get $X off a $Y purchase" type of offers have never worked with GC.
I must have confused it with the Target offer to receive reward dollars for spending a certain amount. The last time I used the reward dollars type of offer it didn’t accept my GC purchase toward the required spending either. I had to argue with customer service and was granted a one time credit. That type had always worked for me in the past. I guess I’m just wary of Target with its new system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter