Have you tried this lately? I did the happy card/Home Depot thing a few months ago and it worked but not since. Don’t want to be stuck with HD GCs if doesn’t work anymore but the extra discount with my Discover would be nice.

Since the gas points can be earned on any happy gc, you could buy the ones for BBB and buy Disney gift cards there. However, buying at BBB can also be YMMV as some cashiers and managers do not allow using a happy gc to buy gc.

It should also be mentioned for those that haven't done fuel points before, most people will not get anywhere the 20% savings the OP projected. First of all, in many areas the price of the gas at the stations participating in the fuel points program can be much higher than the surrounding stations. (IN My area, the Shell stations are AT LEAST 30 CENTS more per gallon than the surrounding stations so there would go half the savings right away.) And then you have to have a large gas tank and try to get it pretty empty before filling up or start with the hassle of buying gas tanks and stocking up on gas. And then factor in the time and cost of driving to the store selling the happy gc's, the gas station that does the fuel points, and then to the store where you are going to liquidate the happy gc's.

The point is, fuel savings are very different than getting gift cards on sale as the savings that you get on fuel points are going to vary greatly from person to person and the savings may seem higher than it really is.

Last edited:

@dknight1021

Here's a screen shot of the Contact Information, the highlighted yellow area is hard to read being it's written in white but it's there that states
"$500 Disney Gift Cards is not included in these promotion."
Originally Posted : here

Since the gas points can be earned on any happy gc, you could buy the ones for BBB and buy Disney gift cards there. However, buying at BBB can also be YMMV as some cashiers and managers do not allow using a happy gc to buy gc.

It should also be mentioned for those that haven't done fuel points before, most people will not get anywhere the 20% savings the OP projected. First of all, in many areas the price of the gas at the stations participating in the fuel points program can be much higher than the surrounding stations. (IN My area, the Shell stations are AT LEAST 30 CENTS more per gallon than the surrounding stations so there would go half the savings right away.) And then you have to have a large gas tank and try to get it pretty empty before filling up or start with the hassle of buying gas tanks and stocking up on gas. And then factor in the time and cost of driving to the store selling the happy gc's, the gas station that does the fuel points, and then to the store where you are going to liquidate the happy gc's.

The point is, fuel savings are very different than getting gift cards on sale as the savings that you get on fuel points are going to vary greatly from person to person and the savings may seem higher than it really is.
Everyone should do the math. I also save a ton with fuel points. Our Kroger allows you almost unlimited points (no $1/gallon restriction), is priced the same as everywhere else (sandwiched between Costco and Sam's club so it has no choice) and is on my way to work. DD and I can use a combined 30 gallons. There are a fair number of us getting very large savings using fuel points (with 4x fuel points I'm over 20% right now).

Last edited:
Everyone should do the math. I also save a ton with fuel points. Our Kroger allows you almost unlimited points (no $1/gallon restriction), is priced the same as everywhere else (sandwiched between Costco and Sam's club so it has no choice) and is on my way to work. DD and I can use a combined 30 gallons. There are a fair number of us getting very large savings using fuel points (with 4x fuel points I'm over 20% right now).

I definitely agree with doing the math before you dismiss using fuel points to save money. I think it all depends on what area you live in and what car(s) you need to fill. We only get $1 off per gallon max, but our Kroger fuel is competitively priced. It’s usually the same as other area stations, sometimes a couple cents more, sometimes a couple cents less. It takes a little extra effort to either take the gas cans or coordinate with a family member to meet at the pumps, but saving $35 is worth it. With the 6% cash back with Amex BCP I’m able to save the full 20% on gift cards during the promotions.

Added to Discount District

H-E-B: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 H-E-B Gift Card Free (Panera, Olive Garden, Cheddar’s, Brinker, The Cheesecake Factory & Luby’s) Expires 1/21/20
Link

For anyone traveling to DLC, Panera is located across the street from the parks.

The chat rep with Sam's club just told me I can only buy 2 cards per month online, has anybody else run into that?

The chat rep with Sam's club just told me I can only buy 2 cards per month online, has anybody else run into that?

I have definitely purchased more than that in a month. I just went back and looked at my purchase history online to double check and it looks like I've made purchases spaced about 2-3 weeks apart and within the same month. I've also purchased different value cards and different fulfillment at the same time. My last order was 2 x $50 email gift card, 2 x $50 shipped and 3 x $ 75 (3x$25) shipped packs. I'm sure ymmv, as usual.

Oh man Id kill for a no $1 restriction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter