Those boxes look amazing -- my SIL has something similar. I have had a small veggie garden patch since dd was a baby, so 17 years. I'd probably stop the veggies and put in a wildflower garden (the prep really bothers my back -- I do it all by hand) but dd loves it so I persevere! If you are just starting out I'd probably try something small to be sure that you enjoy it, then expand over the next few years. I have grown many things -- broccoli, cauliflower, green and yellow beans, red and green peppers, peas and always tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots (we plant the carrots from seed). It is really fun watching everything grow. I have seen rabbits on our front lawn from time to time but they have never touched my garden in the back. The only issue I have had is slugs and there are natural methods you can use to get rid of them. My sister bought me a "Natural Gardening" book one year and it is full of helpful suggestions (I do not use insecticides or pesticides). Not sure where you are located but you might want to research what grows best in your region.

Any questions let me know!
We haven't had any slugs, but what would you use to naturally get rid of them? And our backs are the reason we went with a raised container garden. That might be an option for you to switch to if it becomes to much to garden in the ground. We have a large area we could've used for a garden but knew it would be an issue - already have trouble pulling weeds, lol. The veggies are doing good so far in the containers, and it's so easy to check on them and water with them being up so high. We live in eastern Wa., so not as much rain as the western side, and more sun. Would love to try carrots from seed!! Where do you buy seeds from?

Added Offers - 6/02/20

Discount District
Staples.com: $15 Off $60 With Promo Code 64386.
Should stack with the Chase offer as well.
Expires 6/6/20. Link

Added to: Credit Card Offers and Warehouses
Sam’s Club Chase Offer: Get $10 Back When Buying $45 Membership (New & Renewing). Targeted. Confirmed on Ink Business Preferred.

It should be possible to stack offers for a profitable membership. First, click through to Sam’s Club from a shopping portal – here are the current rates. Next, copy and paste this link in the window which has the Sam’s Club website open. That offer gives you $45 off your first in-club purchase.

You’ll hopefully earn cashback when buying the membership, so you’ll get up to $6.75 cashback from a portal (based on a 15% rate from TopCashback). You’ll get $45 back from the membership offer and $10 from this Chase Offer, making it profitable by $16.75. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like Dosh is offering cashback on Sam’s Club memberships like they sometimes do.

If you don’t need a Sam’s Club membership immediately, I’d hold off on getting it for now though. We often see Sam’s Club Amex Offers that give up to $25 back, so that’d be a much better option if it comes back soon.
Expires July 3, 2020. Link

Credit Card Offers
Office Depot/OfficeMax Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $80 Of Spend (Targeted)
UPDATE: More cards being targeted, check your offers.

MISC.
Ibotta: Earn 5% Cashback On Lowe’s Gift Cards (Specific Amounts, Not Just Whole-Dollar)
Another benefit of this option is that you can buy specific amounts if you want to rather than being forced to buy whole-dollar amounts. For example, if you’re checking out at Lowe’s and your transaction comes to $163.25, you can buy a gift card for that specific amount using Pay With Ibotta rather than having to use a $200 gift card and having $36.75 left over.

Unfortunately Pay With Ibotta is moving to accepting debit cards only from next week, but for now you can still earn credit card rewards in addition to the 5% cashback. Link

eGifter: Buy $100 Home Depot Gift Card & Get $10 Vanilla eReward Promo Card Free With Promo Code HD620

add a $100 Home Depot gift card to your account and apply the HD620 promo code, you’ll see that it’s a $10 card. That makes this a 10% bonus / 9.1% discount,

Note that the reward isn’t a regular virtual Visa gift card but a Vanilla eReward promo card that expires in about six months. The easiest way to liquidate them is probably to buy a $10 Amazon gift card / reload your Amazon balance.

These Home Depot offers on eGifter tend to sell out fairly quickly but then come back in and out of stock, so if you miss out originally then keep an eye out because you might get another chance. Link

T-Mobile Tuesday: Today, June 2nd only, you can score a FREE Redbox movie rental, 50% off 1-month learning subscription to KiwiCo, 40% off + free shipping on Reebok, 10¢ off per gallon at Shell, and more! :thumbsup2 Hip2Save

Apple Card Users Can Enroll To Skip Their Upcoming Monthly Payment

Update 6/1/20: They continue to extend this offer through May, and now through June. You must, however, file a request to skip the payment; if you simply fail to pay without officially requesting the skip, you’ll be charged. Link

:cool1: FREEBIES
Tinyprints/Shutterfly: 48 Personalized Address Labels For Free - Link
Tinyprints/Shutterfly is offering 48 personalized address labels for free. Add two sets of 24 address labels and then add:
  • SAVETP
  • APPGRAD
Dunkin Donuts: Free Medium Coffee Every Wednesday In June - Link
[AZ, CA, CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MO, NC, NE, NH, NM, NY, NV, OK, TX, UT, VA, and VT]

Krispy Cream: Free doughnut CELEBRATE NATIONAL DOUGHNUT WEEK June 1-5th. Direct Link

ShopDisney: Free Shipping today (6/02/20). Direct Link
Rakuten 5% CB / RMN 8% CB

:poop: Not sure where to post this....
Hertz Launches ‘Free To Go Pass’ – $99 Per Year, $100 Hotel Credit, $100 Event Credit + Hertz Benefits - Link
Hertz has filed for bankruptcy.

We haven't had any slugs, but what would you use to naturally get rid of them? And our backs are the reason we went with a raised container garden. That might be an option for you to switch to if it becomes to much to garden in the ground. We have a large area we could've used for a garden but knew it would be an issue - already have trouble pulling weeds, lol. The veggies are doing good so far in the containers, and it's so easy to check on them and water with them being up so high. We live in eastern Wa., so not as much rain as the western side, and more sun. Would love to try carrots from seed!! Where do you buy seeds from?
BEER! Slugs love beer! Fill a shallow bowl or several with beer (old, cheap, flat they are not picky), bury the bowl so the brim is level with the dirt. Put it out in the evening and in the morning you'll have a bowl full of the critters. You will probably have to do this several times. My kids especially like going out in the morning to see how many they "caught"!

BEER! Slugs love beer! Fill a shallow bowl or several with beer (old, cheap, flat they are not picky), bury the bowl so the brim is level with the dirt. Put it out in the evening and in the morning you'll have a bowl full of the critters. You will probably have to do this several times. My kids especially like going out in the morning to see how many they "caught"!
That is both amazing and disgusting - a bowl full of beer and slugs! HAHAHA. Thanks for that interesting tidbit, we don't drink so Dh will have to get some if we notice the wee beasties. So what do you with them after?

Have been getting Raise promos like crazy in my email, anyone else? Not really seeing expiration dates.

For slugs take a can of soda, pour (or drink) half and place the half full can in on its side in the garden. The slugs will crawl in to feast and drown (sorry, a bit gross but it works).

Carrot seeds we buy at a local garden store. Follow the directions on the back of the packet - plant 1/4" from the surface and thin out as they start to grow. We plant ours in rows that I mound up so that you can sort the carrots from the weeds. Home grown carrots are so delicious. We spray the dirt off of them with the garden hose, clean more in the kitchen sink and eat them with the skins on. Best carrots you'll ever eat!

I would like to have nice raised planters but we live in the city and have a large inground pool in our yard, which means garden space is limited. I have a patch in the corner; I grow cucumbers and beans up (I train them all summer) to allow for more space. I am sure you know this, but try to grow your herb in containers as they really spread and can be hard to cull.

Good luck with your garden. Growing veggies is so rewarding. One summer a few years back I had a cucumber and tomato salad (both grown in my garden) every day for lunch! When I have a moment I will post a few pics of previous years crops.

If anyone is interested gift card deal .com now has a third card.
23%$5250$4043.00

I do not have $4000 but thats a really good deal.
My 1025 card sale went fine after i stopped trying to use google pay and used zelle

Looks like a very good deal. Wish the 20% off was available. Anybody use this place before, how'd that go?

If anyone is interested gift card deal .com now has a third card.
23%$5250$4043.00

I do not have $4000 but thats a really good deal.
My 1025 card sale went fine after i stopped trying to use google pay and used zelle
Ugh this crazy discounts are so appealing but the previous posts about stolen gift cards etc make me soo nervous 😭

Looks like a very good deal. Wish the 20% off was available. Anybody use this place before, how'd that go?
Just keep checking... so if you click on the deal and say purchase it will temporarily sell it to you asking you to use zelle, google pay or apple pay.
You have about a week.
So a lot of cards are held up and never sold because people do not pay. After i paid through zelle with my order number 8n the notes ( google pay would not work with 800 payment) i got a receipt in about an hour... then it took about 9 days to get my card numbers emailed then i immediately added to my disney account. :)

Added Offers - 6/03/20

Discount District
H-E-B: Two Offers
Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 H-E-B Gift Card Free:
Sephora, Ulta Beauty & Starbucks
Limit 1 per customer. Expires 6/09/20. Link

Buy $75 Select Gift Cards & Get $15 H-E-B Gift Cards Free:
Home Depot, Lowe’s, Wayfair, HomeGoods and Bed Bath & Beyond
Limit 1 per customer. Expires 6/09/20. Link

Kroger: Three Offers
Save 15% When Buying 2x Fanatics Gift Cards Totaling $50+. Limit 1 coupon per household. Expires 6/16/20. Link
Newegg is offering 20% off Fanatics gift cards, although this Kroger deal could be better depending on how you value fuel points and the rewards you can earn by paying with a credit card that earns more at grocery stores.

Save 10% When Buying 2x Barnes & Noble Gift Cards Totaling $50+. Limit 1 coupon per household. Excludes $10 gc. Expires 6/16/20. Link

Buy 2x Happy Gift Cards Totaling $50+ & Get $7.50 Off. Limit 1 coupon per household. Expires 6/16/20. Direct link to digital coupon.

Kroger Online:
Kroger Online: Save 20-30% On PlayStation Now & PlayStation Plus Gift Cards
GiftCardMall is offering the exact same deals; payments for Kroger’s gift card deals online are also processed by GiftCardMall, so you won’t earn more by paying with a card that usually earns more at grocery stores.
Limit unknown. Expiry date unknown. Link

Save Mart/Lucky: Buy $100 Select Gift Cards & Get $20 Save Mart/Lucky Gift Card Free:
GameStop, Domino’s, Nike, Lowe’s, Uber, Home Depot and Olive Garden
Free gift card cannot be used to purchase gift cards. Limit $300 per household. Expires 6/23/20. Link

Traveling with Points
United Visa Rewards / MPX App: Earn 12x Miles At Sears On Up To $200 Spend (Gift Cards Should Work). Apparently this offer comes and goes so keep trying if interested. Expires 6/10/20. Link

Discounted Gift Card Websites
Raise Launches Slide App Offering 4% Cashback On Instant Gift Card Purchases - Link

MICS.
Best Western: Buy $100 eGift Card & Get $20 Bonus Card Free
Promotion available for purchases made between 12:00 am MST on June 1, 2020 and 11:59pm MST on September 30, 2020. Bonus Cards Expire 12/31/20. To learn more go here.

eBay: $10 Off $20+ In App. Targeted. Expires 6/9/20. Link

Fandango: Buy $15+ Fandango Gift Card & Get $15 FandangoNOW Promo Card Free With Promo Code SUMMER2020.
Expires June 30, 2020 and Bonus cards expire August 31, 2020. Direct Link

SpaWeek: Buy $50 Spa & Wellness Gift Card & Get $35 Promo Card Free With Promo Code POPPA35.
Bonus card(s) shall be emailed within 24 hours of purchase.
Expires June 5, 2020 and Promo cards expire September 1, 2020. Direct Link

CDKeys: Buy 1 Year PlayStation Plus Gift Card For $32.39. Limit unknown. Expiry date unknown. Read more Link

498823 EATS
Complete List Of Restaurant Gift Card/Promo Card Deals - Link

498825 READS
Amazon Will Have Major ‘Summer Sale’ Beginning June 22nd - Link

AMC Theatres & New York & Company Warning Investors About Bankruptcy Risk - Link

Last edited:
Office Depot/Office Max questions - does anyone know if they carry Disney GCs? And best guess as to whether a Chase offer (10% off, max $8 on my CSP) will work on a gift card only purchase there? Thanks!

Office Depot/Office Max questions - does anyone know if they carry Disney GCs? And best guess as to whether a Chase offer (10% off, max $8 on my CSP) will work on a gift card only purchase there? Thanks!
Chase offer will work. I don't recall if they sell Disney gift cards.

The Meijer $5 Mperks reward for every $50 you spend in GC, up to 10 rewards ($50) is back till June 20th.

Yes. This popular offer was Posted on 6/01/20 and can be found on the main page of Discount District. :cheer2:

We've been taking advantage of other offers while my hubby continues to work from home. No need for fuel points until things change.

Has anyone gone back to work full or part time?

Added Offers - 6/04/20

Discount District
Giant/Martin’s/Stop & Shop:
  • Earn 10x Points On Cabela’s, Bass Pro Shops and Domino’s Gift Cards. Offer valid June 5-11, 2020. Link
  • Earn 3x Points On Visa Gift Cards. Offer valid June 5-11. Link
Giant Eagle In Store and Online: Earn 2x Fuelperks+ for every $50 of Happy gift cards. Expires 6/10/20. Direct link to offer.

Giant Eagle Online: Earn 3x Fuelperks+ For Every $50 Spent On Bath & Body Works Gift Cards. Expires 6/17/20. Direct link to offer.
Giant Eagle Online DP: Gift card purchases from Giant Eagle online codes as groceries.

Credit Card Offers
Citi Premier: 3x Grocery & Restaurants – Live Already Since June 2nd (Instead Of Scheduled August 23rd Launch). Can be seen on the main page along Qtrly earnings. Link

Citi Prestige: Earn 5x Points For Online Purchases Through August 31 (Max 7,500). Link

MISC.
PayPal Digital Gifts: Buy $50 Adidas Gift Card for $40. Limit 1. Direct link to offer.

Wells Fargo Go Far Rewards: Save 10% On Select Gift Cards
Expires 6/30/20. Link

:cool1: FREEBIES
Boston Market:
Free Meal For Signing Up To Rewards Program - Link

499043 READS
Delta Will Continue Blocking Middle Seats Through September 30th, 2020 - Link

Hyatt Reservations Through July 31st, 2021 Can Be Cancelled For Free - Link

U.S. Plans To Block Chinese Airlines From Flying In Or Out Starting June 16th - Link

Recap: New IHG Sweet Spot, Hawaii Interisland Travel & More
I'm including this as it covers a range of topics that may have been missed as well as awesome offers set to expire soon. Link

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts