Very true, cheap fares but the destination still isn't worth the time or price. All dressed up and nowhere to go.

Worth is extremely subjective, especially right now. We just returned from a 7 night stay at SSR and we thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our time there. We are pretty frequent WDW visitors, so we do have a different perspective than some who may only visit once a year or once every few years though. We felt our trip was very much worth it to experience the parks with historically low crowds and almost every ride being walk-on. I know several experiences are closed or limited, but for us, what is available was definitely worth it.

Worth is extremely subjective, especially right now. We just returned from a 7 night stay at SSR and we thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our time there. We are pretty frequent WDW visitors, so we do have a different perspective than some who may only visit once a year or once every few years though. We felt our trip was very much worth it to experience the parks with historically low crowds and almost every ride being walk-on. I know several experiences are closed or limited, but for us, what is available was definitely worth it.
That's certainly a fair assessment.

Welcome back and I'm genuinely happy you enjoyed your vacation! I would love nothing more than to absorb WDW parks and resorts in a leisurely uncrowded atmosphere. There are still so many details we have not seen, things like this and more. Though I do agree with @Cruising Engineer, the idea of taking a shuttle to the airport, being in the airport for an hour or two prior to boarding and the four plus hours flying etc. while wearing masks hours on end unappealing. The spreading and possibly catching the virus is very worrisome. It's hard to accept this is the new norm so for now we'll play it safe by staying home and doing our part unlike "Ole Karen" and Yunique.

That's certainly a fair assessment.

Welcome back and I'm genuinely happy you enjoyed your vacation! I would love nothing more than to absorb WDW parks and resorts in a leisurely uncrowded atmosphere. There are still so many details we have not seen, things like this and more. Though I do agree with @Cruising Engineer, the idea of taking a shuttle to the airport, being in the airport for an hour or two prior to boarding and the four plus hours flying etc. while wearing masks hours on end unappealing. The spreading and possibly catching the virus is very worrisome. It's hard to accept this is the new norm so for now we'll play it safe by staying home and doing our part unlike "Ole Karen" and Yunique.

Totally understand that point of view. I was commenting more on the worth of the WDW stay itself. We personally felt Disney has gone above and beyond with their measures as far as cleaning and social distancing, so we felt fine. We were dropped off by my parents at our airport and thankfully didn't find the terminal crowded so we were able to be comfortable there. Our flight went very well with the SW employees ensuring everyone kept their masks on. There were more people at MCO, but we still felt people were mindful (for the most part), and felt comfortable there also. We did opt for private transfer to our resort, as I've been hearing many say Magical Express waits have been lengthy lately due to not running full shuttles, which I completely understand. We did the same for our ride back to MCO when we left. All in all, we were very happy with our trip. Also, we were surprised by just how much the masks were not really an issue for us. I fully expected my son to complain constantly about it, but he never did. I was shocked by how well my whole family did with them. I do understand it's a very personal decision on whether or not to travel at this time.

Totally understand that point of view. I was commenting more on the worth of the WDW stay itself. We personally felt Disney has gone above and beyond with their measures as far as cleaning and social distancing, so we felt fine. I do understand it's a very personal decision on whether or not to travel at this time.
I am so happy you had a great time at WDW with the low crowds and the exceptional steps Disney is taking to maintain the health and safety of the CMs and visitors. We have our DVC at SSR and really miss staying there. Our Sept. family trip to SSR and DCL cruise was canceled - well DCL canceled the cruise and SSR was a victim of the cancelation.
My perspective on my comment the destination wasn't worth the time or price is solely based on the uptick in reported positive tests and our state's quarantine requirements when returning from places like FL.

Added Offers ~ 7/27/20
Kroger:
Earn 4x fuel points on gift cards with digital coupon
I'll update when we learn more.​
Offer valid 7/29-8/11 :thumbsup2 @Limes96
Kroger Online: Save 15% On Prepaid Phone Gift Cards
Includes: AT&T, Tracfone, Net10, Simple Mobile and Total Wireless​
Limit 2 per denomination per brand. Expires 8/09/20. Direct link
Best Buy Save 5% on Prepaid Phone Gift cards + earn Best Buy Rewards. Limit & expiry date unknown. Link

Kroger Online DP:
  • Online purchases are processed by Blackhawk Network/GiftCardMall and do not code as grocery store purchases on credit cards.
Meijer: Earn $5 Reward For Every $50 Spent On Gift Cards
Limit 10. Expires 8/15/20. Link

Meijer DP: Not all Meijer stores are coded as grocery with some bank credit cards.

Rite Aid: Buy $25 Google Play Or Starbucks Gift Cards & Get $3 BonusCash
Limit 2 offers per customer. Expires 8/01/20. Link

Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Gelson’s Amex Offer: Spend $50 & Get $10 Back
Gelson’s is a supermarket chain in Southern California.​
Limit 2. Expires 9/14/20. Link

Warehouses
Drop App: Earn 45,000 Points (Worth $45) When Buying Sam’s Club Membership, Also Get $20 eGift Card & Free Rotisserie Chicken
Must click through to Sam’s Club from the app. Expiry date unknown. Link

MISC.
Ibotta: Earn 15% Cashback On Adidas Gift Cards
Limit $250 Per Day. Link

MyGiftCardsPlus: Earn 100 Bonus Swagbucks On All $50+ Gift Cards Link

Disney World Delays Reopening of Several Resorts Link
  • July 29: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Aug. 24: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
  • Sept. 21: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Oct. 4: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Oct. 14: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Nov. 1: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
I'm also seeing some guests are being moved from one resort to another...
Poly to BR, AoA to BR Link

Last edited:
This may be old news for some of you but I just saw it.

Disney World Bans Face Masks With Valves or Holes

Face Coverings

Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming. You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing.

All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
  • Be made with at least two layers of breathable material
  • Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas, and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.
Costume masks are also not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.
The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing. WDW Direct Link

Universal Orlando Updates Face Mask Policy, Closes Loophole
The policy now requires that visitors keep their masks on unless they are “actively“ eating or drinking.

“Guests must wear face covering at all times, unless they are actively eating or drinking, and they must also be socially distanced from other travel parties while consuming their food or beverage,” according to the policy on Universal’s website.

The change seemingly closes a loophole visitors used to keep their masks off when walking around the parks and CityWalk. Link

You do totally have a different perspective from someone who visits only once a year. Our family enjoys the parades and fireworks and entertainment as much as the rides and there is no way we would spend thousands of dollars when all that is closed.

Also, people who come once a year do not have annual passes and for the most part are paying full price for their tickets so it is not comparable to people who visit many times a year.

The problem for Disney is that the majority of money they make at the park are from the once a year or once every few years people and by and large those people won't be coming until all the entertainment is back.

On a sad note, we have cancelled our August trip to Disneyworld which was booked in January before the coronavirus hit. We can't justify spending thousands of dollars (even if a good portion of it was saved by using discounted Disney gift cards) to go to a park with half the entertainment missing.

It is too bad because they upgraded us free of charge from the All Star Movies (which has not reopened yet) to the Caribbean Beach Resort.

Quick question: I paid the hotel deposit with a Disney gift card and they said the refund will go back to that method of payment - how long does it take for the refund to go back to the gift card?

EDIT: My question got answered, it took around 45 hours and the money is now showing back on the gift card.

Last edited:
On a sad note, we have cancelled our August trip to Disneyworld which was booked in January before the coronavirus hit. We can't justify spending thousands of dollars (even if a good portion of it was saved by using discounted Disney gift cards) to go to a park with half the entertainment missing.

It is too bad because they upgraded us free of charge from the All Star Movies (which has not reopened yet) to the Caribbean Beach Resort.

Quick question: I paid the hotel deposit with a Disney gift card and they said the refund will go back to that method of payment - how long does it take for the refund to go back to the gift card?

I checked my balance the day after I cancelled our tirp and it back on our cards.

Added Offer ~ 7/28/20

Discount District
Newegg: Buy $50 Adidas Gift Card & Get $15 Adidas Promo Card Free
Promo Card Expires 10/31/20. Limit 3 per customer. Expires 7/31/20. Link

Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Rite Aid Chase Offers/BofA: 10% Back at Rite Aid, Max $6.
Targeted. Expires 7/30/20.
Update 7/27/20: This offer has been targeted at some other cards and has an expiry date of 9/10/20. Link

MISC.
T-Mobile Tuesday: $2 Baskin Robbins Promo, Adidas 30% Off & Free Shipping. Link

514166 TRAVEL
Southwest Will Continue Blocking Middle Seats Through October 30th, 2020 Link

Southwest Will Continue Blocking Middle Seats Through October 30th, 2020 Link

Looks like I'll need to call Southwest and get a refund on my extra seat for POS (People of Size). I'm hoping it will go back on my Visa rather than a future use credit. Although, I do have a trip in Feb I could use it for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!