updated:I need to win on buzz and toy story

One other note about Buzz: I'm not a "gun guy," per se, but my dad taught me to shoot when I was 12 (he was a marksman in the army and I think he passed that talent along to me). The first time I ever fired a pistol, I hit a dead bullseye from 50 yards. I think that helps in my Buzz games, in addition to all of the other tips I've shared.

On Toy Story - for the ring game with the martians: it helps if you have two people working together to do this, because you have limited time to make it happen. If you ring all of the martians on the rocket, it opens up and you get lots of high-value targets. However, you have to do this as soon as you get to it - once the martians start blasting off from the rocket, it's very difficult to get them all ringed, and, at that point, you might as well just give up and go after the high-value targets that are available.

Update: Thanks for all your tips everyone, especially @WonkaKid. We arrived yesterday and have had a chance to play both Buzz and Toy Story. I successfully defeated my husband on both rides. And not just beat him, I anihalated him!! There is no doubt I have won back my title and will remain the family champion :)

That's awesome! So glad to hear it. Did you tell him you read-up on tips in advance or did you just leave him guessing?

Curious: can you share one or two of your Buzz scores?

That's awesome! So glad to hear it. Did you tell him you read-up on tips in advance or did you just leave him guessing?

Curious: can you share one or two of your Buzz scores?
I spilled the beans and told my family after my first win about all the disboards help. I gave them all the tips i got and we have ridden buzz a lot the last 4 days, more than any other trip. we have really had a great time together trying to improve our scores and having some friendly competition. my highs have been around 350 000 which is considerably higher than I ever got before.

@WonkaKid - do you bother with the "secret" target on Zurg, or do you find that focusing on the triangles/diamonds is a better strategy? I noticed that you didn't mention Zurg's chest in your tips...

I'm hot garbage at this game but I'll try again this weekend. Part of me wishes there were different color lasers so its a little easier to tell which is yours
I agree. Different colored lasers would be a big help. They are on the Shanghai DL Buzz. But I like ours way, way better. In fact, everything we have at DL that's also at DLS is better, in my opinion.

@WonkaKid - do you bother with the "secret" target on Zurg, or do you find that focusing on the triangles/diamonds is a better strategy? I noticed that you didn't mention Zurg's chest in your tips...
It depends. Sometimes that target isn't a possibility. That is, sometimes it's like Zurg is deliberately trying to avoid me and a shot simply isn't possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter