UPDATED INFO ON HOTEL EXPRESS PASS......questions welcome....

We are a family of 6 (3 adults, 3 kids) looking for recommendations to get Express Pass for as little money as possible for two days / one night during MLK weekend. Right now the best deal appears to be $309 per room (times two!) plus tax. Any other ideas from those more knowledgeable than I? Are there reasonably priced suites that hold six?

We are a family of 6 (3 adults, 3 kids) looking for recommendations to get Express Pass for as little money as possible for two days / one night during MLK weekend. Right now the best deal appears to be $309 per room (times two!) plus tax. Any other ideas from those more knowledgeable than I? Are there reasonably priced suites that hold six?

3 adults, 3 kids? Not sure how recent your kids' ages are in your signature thingy but a 12 year old is still a kid when it comes to hotels at Universal. They are a kid until they are 18.

The Portofino Suites and Villa Suites at Portofino will fit your family.

3 adults, 3 kids? Not sure how recent your kids' ages are in your signature thingy but a 12 year old is still a kid when it comes to hotels at Universal. They are a kid until they are 18.

The Portofino Suites and Villa Suites at Portofino will fit your family.
Sorry, this is our first trip in 6 years. I haven't updated by sig. All kids are that age plus 6! I will definitely check out the suites, thanks!

Sorry, this is our first trip in 6 years. I haven't updated by sig. All kids are that age plus 6! I will definitely check out the suites, thanks!

In that case, two rooms might be your best bet. The suites have two queen beds and a pullout which probably won't work for older kids.

Lol......not hijacking at all........genuine question.

Used mainly in Citywalk......when restaurants are busy......you can use your hotel room key to get ahead of the people who are waiting.

Last year we were told 50 minute wait at Margaritaville on a Friday night, told them we were hotel guest, showed our room key and wait was down to 10 minutes.

Sometimes, if wait is under 30 minutes they won't utilise it. Have heard if wait is over 90 minutes they won't utilise it either, but we were allowed to "skip the queue" couple of years ago when wait was 2 hours for Margaritaville.

It's worth it!

HOLY COW! We've been going to UO, have APs and stay onsite often. Been a while since I checked out these boards and I did not know about this! How did I not know?!?!?

It's been in effect for years
Have used it myself

Good you are aware of it now as its one of those gifts for staying onsite

Apologies - I'm sure it's been asked/answered more than a few times ... but alas I can't find the answer :-).

Does the express-pass perk (recieved when staying at RP, PF) extend to the new Volcano Water park? i.e just like at Universal Park and IofA?
I see that EPs are being offered for purchase at Volcano Bay as well.

Thanks!

Apologies - I'm sure it's been asked/answered more than a few times ... but alas I can't find the answer :-).

Does the express-pass perk (recieved when staying at RP, PF) extend to the new Volcano Water park? i.e just like at Universal Park and IofA?
I see that EPs are being offered for purchase at Volcano Bay as well.

Thanks!
From what I've read, no:headache:

Last edited:
Since the purchased express passes and hotel express passes now include the Harry Potter rides, can I assume the after 4pm AP express will also apply to the Harry Potter Ride?

so glad i saw this thread in time...
i had a throwaway room reserved for sunday night (two weeks from now)....
but DS only wants to go into universal on monday morning..
so i realized the error of my ways...
i just booked a monday night room instead...
so he and his wife can check into that room on monday morning at 6 am...
get their express passes at the kiosk...
then head for early entry at universal for gringotts..

do they need a ticket to be able to get their express pass at the RPR kiosk?

they'll buy a 1 day 2 park ticket....

i wonder how early they sell tickets at the hotel...

maybe i should get them tickets in advance of this?

a person only needs his hotel room key in order to create the express pass.

the free ep perk is attached to the hotel, nothing involves the park ticket for that perk.

tickets can be purchased at the hotel attraction desk but they open at 9, or they did when i was there last fall/october.

you can order the park tickets online and pick them up at a kiosk.

they can use the hotel kiosk or the ones outside guest services in the parks.

you do have to provide some info to pick up the tickets thru the kiosk

yes, since i posted i looked online and saw i can buy them to pick up at the kiosk right in the hotel lobby..
i guess that's what we'll do...
i wonder how long it takes to drive from saratoga springs to RPR at 6 in the morning...

If I book a night at the Portofino or or Hard Rock, I understand I can get 2 days of EP for whoever is registered in the room. What is the earliest you can print of the EP tickets on the day you check in? Can you get them at say after midnight?

If I book a night at the Portofino or or Hard Rock, I understand I can get 2 days of EP for whoever is registered in the room. What is the earliest you can print of the EP tickets on the day you check in? Can you get them at say after midnight?
I guess so. I haven't tried that. You use the self-serve machines in the lobby to make the cards. I have a late flight and will be arriving at RPR after 12 am this Saturday. I will try that since I don't think I have time in the morning to make the EP card. I have character breakfast booked the next morning. I will report back to confirm.

I checked in at 8am and was able to get EP. I read somewhere that system resets at 7am. You can always call the hotel to find out.

Dear disboard members!
I have a question regarding early entry: can you use it on your check in day already?
Thanks and greetings from Austria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!