UPDATED INFO ON HOTEL EXPRESS PASS......questions welcome....

I checked in at 8am and was able to get EP. I read somewhere that system resets at 7am. You can always call the hotel to find out.

We`ve had friends check in around 6am with no problems........wouldn't like to try any earlier than that.

Dear disboard members!
I have a question regarding early entry: can you use it on your check in day already?
Thanks and greetings from Austria

Hello Austria......beautiful country......:)

Yes, you can use the EE perk on your check in day too.....

Do they no longer allow going to the parks after 4:00pm if you have a ticket for the next day? When we went about 6 years ago we could do this. It was nice just to walk around HP world and soak in all the details!

Have not heard if that
Free entrance to the park after 4 if your ticket is for the following day

The premier ap had the ep after 4 set up

So if what I am reading and hearing is correct, if I check in to PB after 3 pm and get a room key, I do not need to get separate express passes. I just use the room keys. But if I check in and my room is not yet ready, I need to print express passes from the kiosk.

That is a nice update since 2015 when I needed to carry four express passes and four room keys.

When you check in, they issue room keys to all on your reservation.

They will text you the room number when it has been assigned and ready for you to use it.

You can bypass the front desk and go directly to your room.
They are to activate your hotel key so it will work for you when you first use it.

So you will have the hotel card to use for express prior to entering your room.

You could check in early and be allowed to do the early entry with the hotel key card

Just got back a couple of weeks ago from RPR. They did not give us traditional express passes with our pictures, but instead had us use our room key only. They acted like this was the new normal. We had no issues in the ride lines. The TMs just scanned the room keys like they would a normal EP. Not sure if this is a change they are making at every hotel, or only RPR. The TM who checked us in made a point to say it was something new RPR had been trying out the last few months, but she made it sound like they had decided to make it permanent now. I didn't pay attention if the machines had been removed or not.

Hello! In order to get the benefits of the Express Pass, do I need to book my hotel through the Universal Orlando website or can I book the hotel anywhere I want? Thank you!

Hello! In order to get the benefits of the Express Pass, do I need to book my hotel through the Universal Orlando website or can I book the hotel anywhere I want? Thank you!

The EP is the perk of staying in either Portofino Bay, Hard Rock or Royal Pacific........

Doesn’t matter where or who you book it with, you’ll get it............:thumbsup2

I've got a question about the updated system for the hotel EP. Can I still use them on check out day? I've only booked one night for PB and we are only going to the park on check out day and it's during the busy season so I need the EP. Also, does anyone know when Will Call Kiosks open in the morning because I need to get the tickets printed on the day we want to use them, which I need to do early so that we can use our hour early into Harry Potter.

I've got a question about the updated system for the hotel EP. Can I still use them on check out day? I've only booked one night for PB and we are only going to the park on check out day and it's during the busy season so I need the EP. Also, does anyone know when Will Call Kiosks open in the morning because I need to get the tickets printed on the day we want to use them, which I need to do early so that we can use our hour early into Harry Potter.

Yup, no problem there. Will Call Kiosks are always open at the hotels. They are just computer terminals.

Ohh my brain! So much to learn for our first visit.
We will be staying at SF Falls and do have express passes, I’m assuming since they aren’t part of the hotel package the person on the phone just added them to the hotel / ticket package.
So where will we pick up our express passes if they are not part of SF?

2-Park 4-Day Park to Park + Universal Express Unlimited Ticket

Ahhhhh lol

Last edited:
Ohh my brain! So much to learn for our first visit.
We will be staying at SF Falls and do have express passes, I’m assuming since they aren’t part of the hotel package the person on the phone just added them to the hotel / ticket package.
So where will we pick up our express passes if they are not part of SF?

2-Park 4-Day Park to Park + Universal Express Unlimited Ticket

Ahhhhh lol

It should say in your package information that you pick them up at a will call kiosk. There is one in the lobby.

This will only be my second Universal stay so I'm a little confused about the express pass.

I was thinking of going through my travel agent for the package (room and tickets for Hard Rock) but I found on a ticket discount site that I can do a room only for Hard Rock and also purchase my tickets. Will I still get the express pass even though it is not a package?

Thanks for your help!

This will only be my second Universal stay so I'm a little confused about the express pass.

I was thinking of going through my travel agent for the package (room and tickets for Hard Rock) but I found on a ticket discount site that I can do a room only for Hard Rock and also purchase my tickets. Will I still get the express pass even though it is not a package?

Thanks for your help!
I went back and re-read the first post. Look like it is only based on the hotel reservation.

Last edited:
You are correct
Any hotel guest at hrh receives unlimited usage of the express lines

It is a hotel perk separate from
Universal

Just want to add that we just returned and used our keys for EP. They are now taking your picture when they scan your key. This is new.

IM glad you posted that info
This is the first time I have read about taking your pictures

Is it the same as what they were doing October last year?
Where you could opt out at cat and the hat and Spider-Man rides for the eye recognition pictures?

It was optional back then and I took a pass in it

Appreciate the heads up on this!

Not sure about it being optional- they just asked us to look at the camera and snapped our pictures. But we didn't ask if we could opt out. I looked back when we moved and it looked like two pictures were up. So, they are comparing pictures when they take it I guess??

Oh and I just remembered the picture was not at all EP rides yet. It was at Kong, Spiderman, Trolley ride in Seuss land, Mummy. The other EP rides we went on - Cat in the Hat, ET didn't have the picture. We only did those rides this visit so not sure about the others.

Thanks for that info
Last October signage was up
And explained the reason for the photos for the two rides I mentioned

It stated you could opt out on the picture taking
Some trial run on eye recognition in the ep line

Sounds like things will change for those with the ep lines
Maybe if a person is in the system with the eye recognition set up, it might help the ep lines to stay moving and not get backed up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter