Updated Oct 23/"Um, where are my shoes? WHERE ARE MY SHOES?!" Our first trip & report! August '18

Chapter 4: Aug. 20 (Part 1) "Ok seriously, where is the entrance?!"

Welcome back to my trip report! We've now reached the "we're actually going to the parks" portion of this report. Our first stop: Hollywood Studios!

JJ8V.gif

(so hard not to say "MGM"! Stop making me complicit in this park's identity crisis, Disney!)

As most of you know, since Toy Story Land opened in June, for the entire month of August, HS had morning EMH scheduled for 7 am. Thanks to this forum, we learned about the super-duper-really-Early-EMH at 6:30 am. :disrocks: So we (ok, I, because I need to look pretty for the strangers I'll never see again) got to wake up at a whopping 4:45 am. The plan that I drilled into everyone's head was that we HAD to leave no later than 6:15 in order to get parked and get to the gate so we could be in the first rush of people to get on Slinky Dog before the park opened for EMH at 7 am.

BECAUSE WHO DOESN'T LOVE STARTING A VACATION OUT THAT WAY!

Since Rex couldn't confirm that she was coming with us to Disney until about two weeks before our trip, we didn't have all of the same FP's. For HS, we were unable to get her a TSMM FP with us at 8:20 am. So our plan was: get to HS and ride SDD, AS2, and TSMM standby before our FP window opened. I can't remember which one we ended up getting for her, for her third FP.

So, here's a little secret about me: I'm not a morning person. BUT at Disney, I will be up before the dawn. At my command, people will be fed and children dressed and pressed. I can run a good ship if I want to. The Monica Gellar in me just kind of takes over that way.

tenor.gif

Really, it's just that my nerves take over (nerves about getting lost, being late, being our first time there and not knowing where anything was, etc). Hubs and Rex were obviously exhausted, so I tried to not be all, "Let's go, let's go, let's go!" (emphasis on the word "tried".) We ended up not leaving the room until about 6:25, but I knew the park was around the corner from our hotel, so no biggie. We got in the car, and I got out my "Disney Family Planning" binder that I'd made with all of our directions, so I could play navigator. Then came this voice in my ear:

"I already looked it up on my GPS and I know where we're going!"

Um. Ok. You sure? Yup. Ok then. Don't need my?-ok.

tenor.gif

I reread my directions to myself - just in case. You know. Just in case.

As we turned left onto Bonnet Creek from Riverside, the first light we came to was Epcot Center Dr (which we would take to go to Epcot and MK). The Disney signs had stated to turn here for "All Theme Parks". Hubs' directions said to turn here as well. This would lead us to Buena Vista Dr. However, my own directions, based on Google Maps, had us heading to Buena Vista Dr from a different direction, but in my haste (and anxiousness) to get us to the park, I couldn't comprehend what I'd typed out.

"Ok! Don't know why my directions are different. We'll get there eventually. Let's just follow the signs!"

.....and so we did. All the way around the Disney resort. Almost immediately after turning and heading toward what I knew was the MK, I reread my directions - I had missed the part about "Overpass Rd" - the next light up from Epcot Center Dr. This was where we should have turned instead.

upload_2018-9-14_15-30-17.png
We followed the gray, because we're rebels like that. #lightside

So, instead of a roughly 5 minute or less drive to HS, it was at least 10. Hubs and I both realized we should've read my directions more carefully to begin with and laughed about it. So we made it there, got parked, filed out of the car, got the stroller....and I got antsy. According to the time on a picture my sister took, we were parked at about 6:40 am. I knew we still had to walk to the gate, go through security, and join the mob going to TSL.

So we started walking toward where we thought the entrance was. We weren't parked far back, but there were no trams running yet. And wow, that parking lot is under serious construction! I honestly think it took about 10 minutes just to the entrance.

I may have grumbled.

"WHERE IS THE ENTRANCE?!"

I may have had park-commando-tunnel-vision.

tenor.gif

Let's just say I'm surprised no one offered me a Snickers to turn me back into my happy, Disney-loving self.

(Fortunately, I have a forgiving family, who loves me anyway, and yes, I did apologize for getting testy!)

We got through security and the main gates just after 7 am. So, hitting super-duper-really-early-EMH was a bust, but we were giddy to just be in the park, FINALLY! I tried to let go and just prayed that whatever happened, the line for SDD wouldn't already be an hour long. We grabbed a map and headed with the crowds to TSL.

Y'all. Toy Story Land. WOW!

upload_2018-9-14_20-45-43.jpeg

upload_2018-9-14_20-46-6.jpeg

This place was AMAAAAAAAZING!!! I know there are some who think it's kiddie and a waste of space, but we just loved it. There was so much detail. It definitely lacked shade, but given how early we were there, it didn't bother us (although had we been there later, we would've been scorched.) I do hope they add some later, and a little splash pad at that. How easy would it have been for Andy to have left a garden hose running while playing with his toys? Missed opportunity there, Disney, but if you read this and borrow my idea, I'll accept payment in the form of free lifetime Disney World passes, thanks and Gig 'Em!

We got in line for Slinky Dog at about 7:05 am, and Hubs immediately noticed the Cast Member holding the sign that said "45 minutes from this point". Ugh. But, then I remembered that during EMH, they didn't have everyone going through all the turns of the line (what are they called?) So we actually only waited about 20! Pretty good, I thought! A CM parked the stroller for us, which was off to the side after you enter the queue - I really like that they did it this way, to help keep stroller traffic under control.

HS 1.jpg

And so we rode our first ride of our trip. Verdict: AWESOME! A lot like Big Thunder, except smoother. Both kids were crying after we got off the ride, though. Apparently the YouTube video we watched didn't quite capture the intensity of the ride. We promised them that they didn't have to ride it again, and may have mentioned something about ice cream later, so they dried their tears and we headed to the Alien ride.

Rex can't ride anything that spins or turns or she'll get sick, so she took pictures of us riding it. Bubs rode with me this time. Irony is the fact that he doesn't like the Tow Mater ride at Disneyland, and apparently didn't realize that the Alien ride is EXACTLY like it. He said it was his favorite ride from the whole trip. :rotfl2:

HS 2.jpg

Verdict: I probably wouldn't ride without my kids, because I'd be back in line for Slinky Dog, but they loved it. Bonus points because we only waited about 5 minutes or so for it. The kids loved it so much, it took away their memories of the trauma of Slinky Dog, so I'm fairly confident I can still move in with them when I'm old and gray. *whew*

Our FP window for Toy Story Mania opened at 8:20, so after taking some pictures and admiring the details, we decided to go ahead and ride it standby with Rex. At that point, it was about 8:15 and the park had opened for everyone. We only waited...about 10 minutes! This was amazing to us, because at Disneyland, you have to rope drop it in order to not wait 60 minutes. After we all went, Hubs, Bubs, Boo and I used our FP+, while Rex wandered around TSL. Again we waited: 10 minutes. We just adored all of the extra details inside the loading area. While the ride is pretty much the exact same as the one at DLR, the queue at WDW wins.

After riding, we got in line to meet Buzz. Bubs was wearing a Buzz shirt and wanted to meet him, so we were so happy he (and we) got to!

HS 3.jpg

Also, my sister posed like that in every picture, and like any good younger sister, I made fun of her for it. Every.single.time. :littleangel:

Also, Rex had found a set of bridal Minnie ears and given them to Boo. It has a veil...which Boo wore in her face, like a real bride, for most of the day. We actually had to make her take the veil off for this photo. #stopgrowingup

We wanted to meet Jessie too, but her line was super long, and it was getting close to 9 and we needed to sign the kids up for Jedi Training. So we left TSL. (Oh! I just remembered. We had gotten a TSMM FP for Rex for the evening for her third FP+).

We took the convoluted route over to the Indiana Jones outpost to sign the kids up for Jedi Training. Seriously, who designed HS? It's like every land is a dead-end. I feel like we could have saved so much walking if there were a way to get straight from TSL to Grand Avenue. Hopefully this is something Disney will address in the future. Moving on!

We got the kids signed up for Jedi. Given our afternoon FP and early dinner reservation, we decided on a 5:30 pm time for them. After that, we headed to the Star Wars Launch Bay. As we got inside, we noticed the Storm Troopers milling around. I really wasn't paying attention, just kind of taking it all in, and all of the sudden, a Storm Trooper appeared in front of me and had me join his line!

HS 4.jpg

I got in trouble for holding my "gun" like a rifle at first (sorry dude, my dad used to hunt and he taught me well). He decided I wasn't a good candidate for the dark side, so I was "released". Then he tried to recruit my son. Bubs was very adamant that he would NOT join the dark side, and that he was Team Skywalker. Boo was terrified the whole time that the Storm Trooper would take her to Darth Vader, so she was clinging to her daddy. :laughing:

While standing around, we ended up talking to a Cast Member named Ryan. He was asking us how our first visit was going, and talking to the kids about Star Wars, and what our plans were. Then he gave us some pixie dust - we got to skip the 30+ minute line to meet Chewy and BB-8! Thanks Ryan!

HS 5.jpg
With "awesome Cast Member Ryan", his official name

We met Chewy, who was really tall. Boo, who was so excited to meet him until we got in the room with him, saw him and burst into tears and refused to hug him. Bubs, of course, loved him. Afterward, we met BB-8, who was adorable.

upload_2018-9-14_21-58-48.jpeg

After the character meets, we saw Ryan again, who chatted with us some more. We mentioned that we were staying at POR, and he mentioned that his wife works at POFQ! Then he asked us for our names, and said we should go there, and ask to meet her, and tell her he sent us. I'm not gonna lie, he kind of had that mischievous look in his eye, and Hubs, Rex and I were alllll thinking...what does that mean?!?! We know better than to assume anything (and I mean, hello, we think giving us the opportunity to skip a line is pretty awesome pixie dust), so when we said goodbye, we were in high spirits, trying to "guess" what "it" could "mean", but also remembering that "it" didn't have to "mean" anything, and enjoying the chance to meet a really nice Cast Member.

*****to be continued*****

Last edited:
Ooohhh....suspense! So did you get to POFQ? What happened?
Lovin' your trip report. I knew you had to be a good person--Gig 'em Aggies! And no kidding--the garden hose splash pad is a super cute idea! :dogdance: Free fast passes for life! Oh, wait, they're already free. Hmmm. In that case, there is an excellent chance Disney will give them to you for your splash pad idea, ha ha.

The kids are adorable and I'm glad that the SDD trauma has receded and you all were able to move forward ---to the next queue.

Loved Bubs response to the Storm Trooper--stay strong, Bubs!

Let's just say I'm surprised no one offered me a Snickers to turn me back into my happy, Disney-loving self.

(Fortunately, I have a forgiving family, who loves me anyway, and yes, I did apologize for getting testy!)
Getting everyone up and out early in Disney is harder than you would think. I have been there as well.

And so we rode our first ride of our trip. Verdict: AWESOME! A lot like Big Thunder, except smoother. Both kids were crying after we got off the ride, though. Apparently the YouTube video we watched didn't quite capture the intensity of the ride. We promised them that they didn't have to ride it again, and may have mentioned something about ice cream later, so they dried their tears and we headed to the Alien ride.
Oh poor kids! We haven't gotten to ride it yet. So, I can't way how intense it is. Glad to hear that they bounced back pretty well.

Verdict: I probably wouldn't ride without my kids, because I'd be back in line for Slinky Dog, but they loved it. Bonus points because we only waited about 5 minutes or so for it. The kids loved it so much, it took away their memories of the trauma of Slinky Dog, so I'm fairly confident I can still move in with them when I'm old and gray. *whew*
Glad that the Alien ride made up for Slinky Dog!

We know better than to assume anything (and I mean, hello, we think giving us the opportunity to skip a line is pretty awesome pixie dust), so when we said goodbye, we were in high spirits, trying to "guess" what "it" could "mean", but also remembering that "it" didn't have to "mean" anything, and enjoying the chance to meet a really nice Cast Member.
That is amazing! It is great to hear CM like that still exist.

We met Chewy, who was really tall. Boo, who was so excited to meet him until we got in the room with him, saw him and burst into tears and refused to hug him. Bubs, of course, loved him. Afterward, we met BB-8, who was adorable.
Chewy is really tall. I can see how Boo would have been freaked out. My youngest got spooked by Darth Vader (when you could still meet him) and refused to meet Chewy after. Oh well.

Enjoying the TR so far. Yours is the first review I am reading of the new TSL. Super cute. love the cliff-hanger.

Hi, I'm in!

On behalf of a Murfressboro-ean, we welcome you to our city through our great state. Really, though, the more east you go the more scenic it gets. West TN is flat, middle starts the gentle (ha!) rolling hills, and east TN has the mountains. It's like 3 states in 1!

Looking forward to reading more :)

Ooohhh....suspense! So did you get to POFQ? What happened?
Lovin' your trip report. I knew you had to be a good person--Gig 'em Aggies! And no kidding--the garden hose splash pad is a super cute idea! :dogdance: Free fast passes for life! Oh, wait, they're already free. Hmmm. In that case, there is an excellent chance Disney will give them to you for your splash pad idea, ha ha.

The kids are adorable and I'm glad that the SDD trauma has receded and you all were able to move forward ---to the next queue.

Loved Bubs response to the Storm Trooper--stay strong, Bubs!

Howdy! Are you a fellow Ag?? No, I meant free passes to the park. Wouldn't that be amazing?!?!

We've taught Bubs well. He loved all the Star Wars stuff!

Getting everyone up and out early in Disney is harder than you would think. I have been there as well.

Oh poor kids! We haven't gotten to ride it yet. So, I can't way how intense it is. Glad to hear that they bounced back pretty well.

Glad that the Alien ride made up for Slinky Dog!

That is amazing! It is great to hear CM like that still exist.

Chewy is really tall. I can see how Boo would have been freaked out. My youngest got spooked by Darth Vader (when you could still meet him) and refused to meet Chewy after. Oh well.

We've gotten up early for our DLR trips - Hubs and Rex were just so tired from the night before (understandably.) The kids usually had no problem getting going though!

He was such a nice CM! More to come! ;)

Yeah, I wasn't prepared for how tall Chewy was either! Just didn't expect Boo to freak out - she knows he's a good guy!

Hi, I'm in!

On behalf of a Murfressboro-ean, we welcome you to our city through our great state. Really, though, the more east you go the more scenic it gets. West TN is flat, middle starts the gentle (ha!) rolling hills, and east TN has the mountains. It's like 3 states in 1!

Looking forward to reading more :)

Welcome! I actually hadn't been to TN since I was 5! But I remember liking it. It was so picturesque (at least from what I could tell from my window, lying down.) But man it was hard on our car!

I can't wait to see what "it" might "mean"!

Stay "tuned"! ;)

Howdy! Are you a fellow Ag?? No, I meant free passes to the park. Wouldn't that be amazing?!?!

Howdy do! Yes, I'm an Aggie :flower:! Class of--uhm...let's just say.... 80's ish!

Yes! Free passes are always so unexpectedly nice--make you feel so *rich* or something, ha ha. Like you won the Disney lottery!

Following along enjoying your writing style-funny.

So we said lots of prayers for my FIL and my back, packed our bags, made his mom promise to text us regular updates, held our breath a little bit, and began our trip!
Yay

They were more excited once they got the All-Magical Bands to the Portal of Happiness on their wrists.
Portal of Happiness cute

I'd looked at the Google Maps street view so many times for all of our directions, that it had this weird sense of being familiar and yet surreal.
been there done that every trip I plan LOL

Maybe we should...stay here and have dinner?
great idea

And wow, that parking lot is under serious construction!
I know right, ridiculous, did you realize it was just a harbinger of things to come?

I'm fairly confident I can still move in with them when I'm old and gray. *whew*
No don't do it just don't, just NO

Seriously, who designed HS? It's like every land is a dead-end.
it's cray cray

Chapter 5: Aug. 20 (Part 2): "Ok seriously, where is the entrance?"

*****Continued*****

So after we were done with the Star Wars Launch Bay, we had some time to kill before the next performance of Voyage of the Little Mermaid, so we went to watch the March of the First Order. The sun was really starting to beat down on us by then, so we found a water fountain and got our cooling towels nice and wet.

Y'all. Cooling towels. GET THEM!!! Especially if you're going in the summer.

After that we quickly jumped in line so the kids could meet Jake.

Jake.jpg

Then we went to see the Little Mermaid show. By that point, we were pretty much pouring sweat, and our early wake-up was really starting to catch up with us. Sitting in the nice, dark, cool auditorium....I contemplated taking a nap. Apparently so did Hubs. :rotfl:

We thought the show was really cute! And we really appreciated the mist - always nice in the middle of August.

After this we decided that since it was about 11 am, it was time to stop for lunch. We stopped so that Boo could take a picture with Sophia the First, who she LOVES, and then went around the corner to Sunset Blvd. I wish I could tell you we ate somewhere awesome, but really, it was more like:

"Should we eat here?"
"Sure. Looks good."
The end.

(If only making all of our Disney dining plans was that easy. *sigh*)

I wouldn't have even been able to tell you where we ate that day - I actually had to go back and look it up. We ate at Rosie's All-American Cafe. I think we had burgers? Sorry, at that point we were exhausted and just needed to eat. Basically the food wasn't bad and it gave me the strength to keep going.

ExaltedBewitchedLangur-small.gif

So, two thumbs up for Rosie's. Thanks for helping me to not pass out at Disney. :thumbsup2

After lunch, we looked around Sunset Blvd a little bit, then decided to head over to Walt Disney Presents for a few minutes. I really loved it. I love all the historic stuff and early park models and could've spent several hours there. Although, I will say, seeing Abraham Lincoln as a bionic man kind of creeped me out a bit. I kept waiting for him to come out of the glass and get me.

After that we decided to mosy (mosie?) on over to Indiana Jones, for our 1 pm FP. Before we left Animation Courtyard, we saw everyone moving aside...

HS 6.jpg

HS 7.jpg

HS 8.jpg

Everyone started cheering as the characters came out, and Bubs was SO excited. Hubs has done a great job of brainwashing him to love Star Wars. So we stood in the blazing sun for a few minutes to watch Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away (had to look that one up too!) After that was over, we finally headed over to Indy. Hubs and I were super excited to see it again, since it's one of the few things left at HS that was there when we were kids.

We went through the FP+ line and when we finally got inside, they directed us to the center-left section. We were able to get FRONT ROW SEATS! :cool1: Felt pretty good about that. The kids really loved the show and all of the explosions. Although at this part:

HS 9.jpg

...Boo started to seriously freak out and cry. Poor thing - she thought Indy was going to actually get squashed by the big ball! She was all better after he jumped up, alive and well. Something kind of interesting - the guy who played the "director" said that he has been with the show for almost 30 years - he used to play Indy back in the day. So there's a good chance that Rex and I saw him on our trip back in '90. I hope they keep this show - to me, it's classic HS (especially now that Great Movie Ride is no more.)

After Indy, we had a FP for Star Tours. The kids decided they didn't want to go on it, so Rex and Hubs rode it while the kids and I refueled on water. By that point my feet were dying, so I took off my Asics and threw them into the bottom of the stroller and put on my Reefs. This was how I dealt with foot pain while at DLR so I knew to bring a back-up pair of shoes!

After Hubs and Rex were done with Star Tours, we went over to Grand Avenue. We had a really early dinner reservation at Sci-Fi at 3:45, so our plan was to see Muppet Vision 3D and mill around before eating dinner. I thought the area was super cute and really liked the Christmas store (although, I'm not sure what Grand Avenue has to do with California/Hollywood - can anyone help me out here?)

And so, we saw the Muppets. I'm not a huge fan of Muppets, but I'm not gonna say no to sitting down in the A/C for 20 minutes. My contacts had started bothering me that day, so a minute or so into the show, I realized they must've really been dry or dirty, because the screen was kind of blurry. A few minutes later I realized....nope....it's the quality of the film. It's reeeeeeallly old.

9a2.gif

Yup, I'm sorry to say, I wasn't the only one of my group who noticed this. I think what "bothered" me (and I use the term loosely) is that it was noticeable that it was old. Alas, I quickly stopped caring because 1) air conditioning, and 2) time to eat!

We arrived at Sci-Fi for our reservation and checked in, and then helped ourselves to several cups of the free water. We had to wait a few extra minutes because they weren't quite ready for us, so we got to watch a woman get really upset at the fact that she didn't know about making ADR's 6 months in advance. I think that's when Hubs thanked me for being on top of those details! We finally got seated and all I can say is WOW.

HS 10.jpg

Sorry for the Muppet-like film quality of my selfie, and the fact that you can't really see the restaurant at all, but WOW. We were all blown away by the atmosphere. The kids loved the idea of getting to sit in a car and watch old movies (tv shows? commercials? anyway...) Our waiter was so awesome - Rex told him about her food allergies and he brought her an alternate menu. I think we all had burgers, and they were sooo good. Obviously this isn't the finest dining at Disney, but for us, cool theme + really good burgers = happy Disney customers. Our waiter also didn't seem to mind when we told him we had to be done by a certain time to do Jedi training. We really appreciated that!

After dinner, we hurried over to the Jedi Sign-Up area so the kids could get checked in. On the way, I managed to piss off my husband (by, you know, insisting that we don't doddle), and we had a tiff. Unfortunately, I think the fatigue and heat had a lot to do with it. Also unfortunately, it wouldn't be our only tiff of the week. Fortunately, we didn't make a scene that would get mentioned here on Disboards :wave:, and we were able to cool off and make apologies in time to watch Bubs fight Kylo Ren.

awkhug.gif

Basically us, every time we fight.

Yes, you read that correctly: Only Bubs ended up doing Jedi Training. Boo was just so exhausted, so Rex took her to wander about for a few minutes while Hubs and I stayed with Bubs and got him checked in. This was basically the reason why he came to Disney :rotfl:, so we were so glad he got to do it (even though we were all just so exhausted after the long day we'd had). Once all the kids were ready, all of us parents and kids walked over to the stage. Fortunately Bubs ended up on the lower part, near the front, so we had a good view of him the whole time.

HS 11.jpg

I can't figure out how to upload the video of him fighting Kylo Ren, but I will say that it.is.AWESOME! He did SUCH a good job! They actually had a fight "routine" for the kids that they learned before the villains came out and he did it perfectly! *proud mama here* Sometimes at home, he'll get his light saber out and reenact it for us. We were just so happy that he got to do it!

After Jedi Training, we talked about what to do next. We were beat. Originally we were going to stay for Fantasmic, but I think that went out the window somewhere around lunch. The kids wanted to swim, Rex wanted to ride ToT (she had switched her TSMM FP), and I just wanted Hubs to watch his attitude and remember that WE WERE AT DISNEY, DANG IT, NOW ACT HAPPY!

(Ok, I didn't really say that. Sure did think it, though!)

So, after another small tiff, we decided that Hubs would take the kids back to the hotel while Rex and I stayed so she could ride ToT, and she and I would ride the bus back. I was kind of PO'd again, and found a bench to hang out on while Rex went to the ride. It ended up taking almost half an hour, even though she had a FP, and during that time, I got a text from Hubs:

"Did I leave the car keys in your purse?"

Why yes. Yes he did. Since Rex was on the ride and her phone had died, I texted back that I couldn't come out to him until she was done or she wouldn't be able to find me. He texted that he and the kids were waiting outside and he guessed he'd wait for us there. Yup. Guess you're gonna. When Rex got off the ride and I told her about it, all she could do was laugh and we hoped that he had chilled out by the time we got out there.

chill-out-gif-2.gif

Fortunately he had, and we had, and we hugged and said apologies and decided...it was time to go. We'd been up since before the sun and now it starting to set. So we walked another 10 minutes back to the car and were oh so happy to be leaving HS - even though we'd (mostly) had a blast!

So we took the correct way back to Riverside and were able to see exactly how much time we'd wasted that morning going the wrong way to HS. After getting to our room, we decided that it was a good time for a swim. While changing into our suits, we noticed....on the phone....a blinking message:

"You have a package at the front desk!"

OHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOSH!!!!!! We kind of started freaking out. WHAT COULD IT BE?!?! By that time, we had actually almost forgotten about our meeting with awesome Cast Member Ryan, and that twinkle in his eye. But here it was! A MESSAGE!

And then we listened to it again, and realized that the message had been left at about 8 am. So, at least an hour before we'd even met him. We were so confused. Was the time wrong on the phone? No....and then it dawned on us.

Because Rex had made her reservation so late, she'd had to pick up her Magic Band at the front desk at check in. So we figured that the "package" was actually the luggage tags and Disney Springs coupons that came with it.

Alas, we stopped freaking out. :rotfl2:

HS 12.jpg

We headed to the nearest quiet pool for about 30-45 minutes. It was such an amazing way to end an incredibly long and really hot day. It wasn't too crowded, and it was so beautiful watching the sun set between the trees. The kids had been asking to go swimming pretty much since we'd checked in the day before, so they were really happy too. Afterward, we gave them baths, then we all collapsed into bed at about 9:45 pm.

giphy.gif

Overall, it was a really successful day at HS! We'd ridden everything in TSL, including TSMM twice, done Jedi Training, Indy Jones, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Muppets, met several characters, and managed not to kill each other from frustration due to being exhausted and overheated. We were so happy TSL had opened by the time we went, and Hubs can't wait to see Star Wars Land (I refuse to believe people are actually going to call it by it's full name). Hopefully on our next trip in 10 years (so says Hubs :sad:), Star Wars Land will be manageable, and Slinky Dog won't scare the pants off our kids anymore.*

*(except that I asked them and they said it still will!)

Last edited:
watch a woman get really upset at the fact that she didn't know about making ADR's 6 months in advance. I think that's when Hubs thanked me for being on top of those details!
Great to get that appreciation isn't it.

it wouldn't be our only tiff of the week.
Nice to know DH and I aren't the only ones.

I just wanted Hubs to watch his attitude and remember that WE WERE AT DISNEY, DANG IT, NOW ACT HAPPY!
Hear ya.

"Should we eat here?"
"Sure. Looks good."
The end.

(If only making all of our Disney dining plans was that easy. *sigh*)
You know, it happens to all of us. We actually on our last trip ate in that area because we were in that area. But we got things from a couple of the places in the general area. Which actually worked out well. None of it was amazing, but as you said it got the job done.

Although, I will say, seeing Abraham Lincoln as a bionic man kind of creeped me out a bit. I kept waiting for him to come out of the glass and get me.
Ha! Maybe that could be Disney's next movie! Killer Abe

40749443_10113674352869114_7899307819352981504_n.jpg

Everyone started cheering as the characters came out, and Bubs was SO excited. Hubs has done a great job of brainwashing him to love Star Wars. So we stood in the blazing sun for a few minutes to watch Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away (had to look that one up too!)
Imagine how hot the person is inside of Chewy!!!!

We arrived at Sci-Fi for our reservation and checked in, and then helped ourselves to several cups of the free water. We had to wait a few extra minutes because they weren't quite ready for us, so we got to watch a woman get really upset at the fact that she didn't know about making ADR's 6 months in advance. I think that's when Hubs thanked me for being on top of those details! We finally got seated and all I can say is WOW.
Ha! I do feel for those people sometimes. But not really.

I think we all had burgers, and they were sooo good. Obviously this isn't the finest dining at Disney, but for us, cool theme + really good burgers = happy Disney customers. Our waiter also didn't seem to mind when we told him we had to be done by a certain time to do Jedi training. We really appreciated that!
We love Sci-Fi. I hope it somehow makes the cut as things continue to change at HS.

I can't figure out how to upload the video of him fighting Kylo Ren, but I will say that it.is.AWESOME!
The whole Jedi Training is such an amazing thing for kids. It really is. My girls have never been brave enough to do it.

Because Rex had made her reservation so late, she'd had to pick up her Magic Band at the front desk at check in. So we figured that the "package" was actually the luggage tags and Disney Springs coupons that came with it.

Alas, we stopped freaking out. :rotfl2:
I mean a Magic Bands are exciting...

Really enjoying your report...your family sounds about like mine in attitude...not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing, lol...just kidding...

Really enjoying your report...your family sounds about like mine in attitude...not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing, lol...just kidding...

I think we had a hard time on this trip because of the heat and exhaustion. Hopefully on any future trips, we'll be better at keeping our attitudes in check, since Hubs has said we're only going in February from now on. :rotfl:

You know, it happens to all of us. We actually on our last trip ate in that area because we were in that area. But we got things from a couple of the places in the general area. Which actually worked out well. None of it was amazing, but as you said it got the job done.

Ha! Maybe that could be Disney's next movie! Killer Abe

Imagine how hot the person is inside of Chewy!!!!

Ha! I do feel for those people sometimes. But not really.

We love Sci-Fi. I hope it somehow makes the cut as things continue to change at HS.

The whole Jedi Training is such an amazing thing for kids. It really is. My girls have never been brave enough to do it.

I mean a Magic Bands are exciting...

I will NOT be watching Killer Abe!!!

Oh, I totally feel for all the characters, even the ones not inside a plush animal costume. I was pouring sweat, but at least I could do something about it!

Sci-Fi is a place I can definitely see us going back to. Agree, hope it stays!

Bubs has been asking to do Jedi since we got the planning DVD 3 years ago. He wasn't missing it for anything!

Magic Bands ARE exciting. My kids kept wearing them even after we left!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!