Updated with Trip Report Link! - A Trip of Firsts! - A September 2018 Pre Trip Report

Love those magic bands!
Thanks! I'm so excited to wear them!

Getting the Magic bands is Soooo.. exciting!
I love your decals. I kept meaning to order some, but somehow kept forgetting!

We are getting so close!!!!!
Thanks! I love the decals, so I ordered them waaaaaaaaaay too far in advance :)

So close! Though it seems like it's going so slow...

Loved reading your PTR! It sounds like it’s going to be an amazing time :) And very delicious!

Love love LOVE your magic bands!

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

So close! Though it seems like it's going so slow...

Don't you know that there is a time bubble that encapsulates those weeks leading up to a Disney trip. Time moves a slower during that period and then speeds up to make up for it after you arrive at your destination making the trip seem much shorter than it is.

4bbe5db74f9ceb27863139d816b0a79d.png

Last edited:
Don't you know that there is a tie bubble that encapsulates those weeks leading up to a Disney trip. Time moves a slower during that period and then speeds up to make up for it after you arrive at your destination making the trip seem much shorter than it is.

4bbe5db74f9ceb27863139d816b0a79d.png

I don't doubt it!

Only 7 more days! Though of course Hurricane Florence is worrying me a bit--it's predicted to hit the East Coast sometime between Wed and Friday. We live in DC, so I'm worried flights from here will be canceled or delayed. If it goes south and hits the Carolinas, I'm worried that we won't be able to make it to Orlando (like that it will block the plane or something? I know, that's insane).

I mean honestly, we won't know anything til next week. And we can leave Thursday if necessary (though my husband would prefer to avoid missing an extra day of work)...we'll stay at Port Orleans French Quarter and enjoy Disney Springs (assuming availability still exists). Which honestly, wouldn't be horrible :D

Basically, I know it's dumb, but I'm worrying. Fingers crossed and prayers and hopes that all goes well. I know it's trivial, but it's been a not great summer and I really want (need?) this vacation.

It'll all work out :)

Only 7 more days! Though of course Hurricane Florence is worrying me a bit--it's predicted to hit the East Coast sometime between Wed and Friday. We live in DC, so I'm worried flights from here will be canceled or delayed. If it goes south and hits the Carolinas, I'm worried that we won't be able to make it to Orlando (like that it will block the plane or something? I know, that's insane).

I mean honestly, we won't know anything til next week. And we can leave Thursday if necessary (though my husband would prefer to avoid missing an extra day of work)...we'll stay at Port Orleans French Quarter and enjoy Disney Springs (assuming availability still exists). Which honestly, wouldn't be horrible :D

Basically, I know it's dumb, but I'm worrying. Fingers crossed and prayers and hopes that all goes well. I know it's trivial, but it's been a not great summer and I really want (need?) this vacation.

It'll all work out :)

Hoping for good weather for you. A year ago today we were supposed to be there when Irma hit so I totally understand. I'm still worried about bad weather for November just because. Hope you have a great trip!

Hoping for good weather for you. A year ago today we were supposed to be there when Irma hit so I totally understand. I'm still worried about bad weather for November just because. Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks! The weather gets increasingly worse, so at this point just waiting for the forecasts to firm up regarding what hits where and when. Looks like DH will have to miss an extra day of work (which is irritating 'cause he just started his job so it'll have to be leave without pay), but oh well. :) Thank you for the well-wishes! Hopefully you have fantastic weather in November. :D

Hopefully you'll be able to leave a little early to miss the hurricane. Hurricanes suck! My memories from FB for last year were all from our prep for the storm the next day. Sucks that the East Coast is going through the exact same thing we were!

Hopefully you'll be able to leave a little early to miss the hurricane. Hurricanes suck! My memories from FB for last year were all from our prep for the storm the next day. Sucks that the East Coast is going through the exact same thing we were!

Thanks! I'm hopeful--if SW expands their advisory to include the DC area I'm pretty sure we'll leave early and take the LWOP hit from DH's job. Just waiting and watching now. Hurricane season sucks!

Ok, so Southwest expanded their advisory, and we have updated booking!

We now fly out of Reagan airport in DC Wednesday afternoon, at 4:40 pm. That puts us landing in Orlando at 7 pm. I'm hoping and praying and crossing my fingers that we'll get out smoothly. :)

I reserved a night at one of the airport Marriotts using my rewards points, so we'll stay there Wednesday night. Then for Thursday, I booked a night at Port Orleans French Quarter! Trevor wanted to go back, and it's convenient to Disney Springs, so we can spend time there and hang out. And beignet sundaes! :)

One of our friends also volunteered to come stay at our place for the weekend, when northern VA is supposed to get the rain/wind, so that's reassuring too. She gets out of her tiny apartment; we get someone to watch the house--win win! :)

Basically, it's all planned out as well as it can be, now it's just to wait and see. I'm hopeful.

(all of this to say I don't mean to be insensitive to anyone in the path of the storm--I understand my vacation is trivial in comparison. I hope everyone stays safe!)

We’re here! We made it with no problems, no delays nothing—after all my worrying I almost don’t believe it. We’re off to the outlets tonight and the Disney Springs tomorrow—eating ALL the things!

We’re here! We made it with no problems, no delays nothing—after all my worrying I almost don’t believe it. We’re off to the outlets tonight and the Disney Springs tomorrow—eating ALL the things!

Have a great time! I'm glad you made it safely.

So glad you made it with no problems! I can't wait to hear how its going.
Even though its because of the hurricane, extra days in Disney is awesome!

We just got into our room at the Boardwalk—I couldn’t have asked for a better one! 5th floor, near the middle. The view is gorgeous!!

We need pictures! I know you are busy having TONS of FUN so will wait until you do your TR :)
So glad everything is going so well. You deserve a wonderful vacation!

We need pictures! I know you are busy having TONS of FUN so will wait until you do your TR :)
So glad everything is going so well. You deserve a wonderful vacation!

I tried to upload a pic from my phone but it said the file was too big :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!