Updates to River of Light and FP

GaryDis

DIS Veteran
A “new rendition” of Rivers of Light is scheduled to debut May 24. Any ideas about how different this will be?

Also, is there any way to judge the availability of fast passes for it? I usually check the Lines app to see when same day FPs are no longer available on the current day, to get an idea of when they’ll be gone for my trip. But as near as I can tell, the Lines app doesn’t indicate FP available for RoL.

A “new rendition” of Rivers of Light is scheduled to debut May 24.
1. Any ideas about how different this will be?
2. Also, is there any way to judge the availability of fast passes for it?
1. It will be more "Disney-centric."
Click HERE.
2. No way to know. Figure that there will be an initial "surge" of guests.
Once the new show is seen and reports/reviews come out,
we'll see if future guests flock to it... or not so much.

Last edited:
A “new rendition” of Rivers of Light is scheduled to debut May 24. Any ideas about how different this will be?
Sorry to hijack OP's thread but I find this so disappointing. RoL is my family's favorite nighttime spectacular and we love the abstract, animal-oriented feel. Now it'll just be some generic nighttime show full of animated Disney characters. What happened to the abstract feeling? The originality? The show may still remain but I'm doubtful that it'll be the same.

In answer to my question about figuring out when the FPs are gone, two more pieces of info.

First, today the Lines app actually showed FP availability. So either they’ve fixed that or my previous interpretation was wrong.

Second, TheDibb site appears to show a log for the current day of FPs becoming available or unavailable. I’m uncertain as to what time zone they’re showing, but at least it’s something.

The result is that for today, May 19, FPs were unavailable no later than 1:30pm EDT. That seems early to me, especially since my FoP FP is for 1:35pm. I’m going to hang onto my FPs, including RoL for now, but may change as new info comes in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!