Upgraded at BLT

mousefan1972

DIS Veteran
Typing this from my phone as we ride in a limo to Port Canaveral for our cruise on the Fantasy. We just left BLT where we had been since Monday. I had booked a 2 BR dedicated standard view with our points as our friends came with us. I requested to not be on the ground floor and to have an even numbered room. I asked at check in if our requests were met and the CM said yes. BTW we checked in at the CR around 11:30 a.m. Got back to BLT from MK around 4, never got text with room #. Asked at BLT if villa was ready. Yes, as of 10 minutes ago. Room 7730. Hmmmm, I know there are no standard views on the 7th floor. Get there and it's a MK view. Checked my DVC account this morning and no additional points were taken and the reservation still says standard view. What do you think happened? Not complaining; we loved the view.

Typing this from my phone as we ride in a limo to Port Canaveral for our cruise on the Fantasy. We just left BLT where we had been since Monday. I had booked a 2 BR dedicated standard view with our points as our friends came with us. I requested to not be on the ground floor and to have an even numbered room. I asked at check in if our requests were met and the CM said yes. BTW we checked in at the CR around 11:30 a.m. Got back to BLT from MK around 4, never got text with room #. Asked at BLT if villa was ready. Yes, as of 10 minutes ago. Room 7730. Hmmmm, I know there are no standard views on the 7th floor. Get there and it's a MK view. Checked my DVC account this morning and no additional points were taken and the reservation still says standard view. What do you think happened? Not complaining; we loved the view.

Could have been a maintenance issue on your original room.

Very well could have been. I just checked in to BLT yesterday for that same view and room size, with those same requests. Checked in around 11:30 and also told requests met...went to DTD and came back at 4:20 and room was not ready...but said soon. Well, it sounds like there were issues as we didn't get in until close to 5:45--which I was not to happy about, but the manager was wonderful and said it was unacceptable and gave us a room credit to cover our dinner tonight. I wonder if this room was worked on all week and the reason it took so long to clean it so it was ready.

Sorry if this is a well known answer

I'm staying At the BLT in February. We booked a lake view room simply because it was "cheaper".

What is the difference between an even numbered room? Additionally, you can really just request a certain floor? Which one should I try and get?

We booked a lake view room simply because it was "cheaper".

What is the difference between an even numbered room?
The building is shaped like the letter C. The even numbered rooms are on the outside of the C, the odd numbered rooms are on the inside. If you are on the inside of the C, you will see the lake but part of your view will be other parts of the building and other guests out on their balcony. There are no sheers so unless the heavy curtains are drawn, you can see into other rooms and they can see into yours.

You won't see your fellow guests from the balcony of an outside room and you stand a chance of getting a view of the MK even from a lake view room. The lack of sheers will still be an issue if you are on the outside of the C and your room faces the monorail. Most of the lake view rooms are on the inside of the C and BLT is usually fully booked so the majority of guests booking a lake view room are going to get an inside room no matter what they requested.
Additionally, you can really just request a certain floor? Which one should I try and get?
You could request a specific floor but other than requesting the walkway level or perhaps the top floor, I think most people keep their requests less specific and ask for "higher floor" or "lower floor". The more specific your requests are the less likely they are to be met. Keep in mind a request is just a request, not a guarantee. On our stay in a lake view 1BR at BLT I requested "high floor, even-numbered room". We got the 14th floor but were on the inside of the C. We enjoyed our stay -- we had a great view of the lake, the boat dock at the CR and could even see Illuminations from our room.

Sorry if this is a well known answer

I'm staying At the BLT in February. We booked a lake view room simply because it was "cheaper".

What is the difference between an even numbered room? Additionally, you can really just request a certain floor? Which one should I try and get?

We always request even numbered floor so we don't look into someone's room the whole trip. And yes, you can request a certain floor. Since we always book standard view to save points, I always request to be as high as possible.

This will be my first visit to BLT in Oct. I have reserved a 2 bedroom standard view. I just want to be certain I request the right room. I want a room that will hopefully give me a good view of MK and especially the fireworks at night. Therefore I want to request an even numbered room and as high up as possible, correct?

Thanks! :)

Funny....because our very first experience with DVC was in 2011 before we even knew what DVC was. We rented from a family friend after my brother told me about his vacation on rented points. The friend booked us a 2br for Feb. It was Oct when she booked it. She charged us $10 a point, and I paid $2,310. Looking as an owner I know that's 231 points, and the only way to get 5 nights (fri-Wed) was a standard view. We checked in at 11:30 pm that Friday night and we were on the top floor, lake view.....first dedicated 2br to the left of TOWL. There is NO WAY that was a standard view room.

As an owner, there are only 2 possible explanations. 1) she booked us a lake view and charged us for SV points (seems crazy to me as I don't know her, my brother does) or 2) there was an issue with our original room and we got the upgrade.

Either way, that room first sparked the idea and DVC and we haven't looked back since.

We will be staying at BLT for the 1st time in Oct. We have a lake view studio and I requested 'near skyway bridge' as I wanted to be able to shoot over to the CR as easily as possible. I have learned that the bridge is on the 5th floor...but that is standard view, no? So, will they just put us 6th floor near the end that is closest to the bridge? What would the view be from around that part of BLT? TIA! And congrats on those that got room upgrades...very nice!!!

We will be staying at BLT for the 1st time in Oct. We have a lake view studio and I requested 'near skyway bridge' as I wanted to be able to shoot over to the CR as easily as possible. I have learned that the bridge is on the 5th floor...but that is standard view, no? So, will they just put us 6th floor near the end that is closest to the bridge? What would the view be from around that part of BLT? TIA! And congrats on those that got room upgrades...very nice!!!

There are lake view villas as low as the second floor, so you could very well be on the 5th floor where the sky bridge is. And thank you! We were thrilled with the upgrade. Our daughter turned 10 during our stay, so she likes to think it was for her birthday. We let her think that, lol.

Not ALL of the 5th floor is standard view. The first 2 floors on BOTH sides of the C are standard view I believe. Above that all the rooms on the inside of the C are Lake view. Some of the outside rooms (even number) are lake view....obviously the ones that you can see the lake. Some of the rooms on the 3rd 4th and 5th floor used to be MK view, but were reallocated for 2013. So now there are more SV rooms available.

A lake view Studio can be near the skyway bridge.

Hi! We just got back from our trip to BLT, and we had reserved a 1 BR Standard view room. We had requested as high a floor as possible (ideally the 5th floor). We also said to please NOT be on the first floor.

When we went to check in, the Cast Member at check in told me that our requests were met, but then when he looked at the computer, he said "Hmm . . . I know I put you in the 5th floor but someone moved you" (he had done this earlier obviously). He then said all he could give us was the first floor as that was all that was left.

I then explained that we really didn't want the first floor, and asked if there was any way they could move us to a different floor. I also explained that one of my children has special needs and really likes to be as high as possible (obviously within the constraints of the SV room, but really doesn't like being on the ground floor). The CM said he couldn't do anything, and I spoke with the manager.

The manager was so nice -- and worked with the CM to give me a choice of some other available rooms not on the first floor. They had nothing at all on 5, so he gave me a choice between 3 other rooms, and we ended up in a lovely MK view room. We've stayed a number of times at the BLT (as well as other DVC properties) and we had never been upgraded before. It was so nice and special, and my son really enjoyed being able to see the MK!

They did have to do some back office re-booking of our reservation (to rebook to this view but charge us SV points) but we were not charged additional points for the stay. I'm assuming they had extra rooms available and that's why they were able to do that, but we were so fortunate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter