Upgraded my LMT park hopper and got full value credit for a Flex Pass.

SeattleTink

DIS Veteran
I just got back from a 5 day solo trip to Disneyland and had the best time! While there, I noticed on the app it gave me the option to upgrade to an annual pass. I clicked on it to see my options. I paid $334 for a 5 day park hopper from Last Minute Travel Club. It credited me $395 toward my annual pass. I upgraded to the Flex Pass for only $204! Which is less than a 2 day hopper. I have upgraded in the past and it has always credited my the actual amount I paid. Not sure if this was a glitch, or something everyone gets now. Just thought I’d share my experience.

Same here- upgraded to Flex Pass for DD14 from a 3-day ticket this past Monday and was credited the full price of a 3-day hopper at the time of purchase (which was prior to the last ticket price increase) which was $30 more than I paid for the ticket from LMT Club. I have been credited the full value in the past with LMT club tickets as well as have others here. It seems that there is a difference somehow in how the discount tickets are sold/coded from different discount vendors. Sometimes Disney knows they were purchased at a discount and sometimes they don't seem to.

Did the option to upgrade appeared in the app during your stay, or even after your 5 days were up?

I´ve done the upgrade from LMT tickets twice to AP, and have always got full value price credit. But it's intersting you can do this now online without having to go outside the park and line up.

Did the option to upgrade appeared in the app during your stay, or even after your 5 days were up?

I´ve done the upgrade from LMT tickets twice to AP, and have always got full value price credit. But it's intersting you can do this now online without having to go outside the park and line up.

It appears in the app but only up until the end of the last day on your ticket-your ticket will disappear from the app altogether after the end of the last day. HOWEVER- you aren't saving yourself a trip to the ticket booth in the long run. At some point you still have to go to the ticket booth to pick up the physical pass/card. You can do that on your next trip, as we plan to for DD, and still make reservations for the Flex Passport before you pick up the physical card. I suppose you don't HAVE to get the physical card if you don't want to use the discounts or scan a physical ticket for paper FastPass as park admission and MP booking and returns (if you purchase MP) can be done in the app.

Thanks for the info.. curious to know since I do have older AP plastics. When you do the upgrade in the ticket booth if you have your old plastics you can use those, in fact they encourage you to do so some have reported they have charged them to print new plastics. But since this is done on the app I wonder how it would work

Thanks a bunch for the info!

I wondered about that too. DD has had an AP before but its been several years and I have no idea where her old plastic card is anyway. It did not seem know "know" about her old card and told us we had to go to the ticket booth for the card but that could have been because it had been so long.

Question. Do LMT tickets include MP? Do they charge tax and fees or just the price shown? Can we add MP or does it have to be added daily?

I will be upgrading two tickets to APs but probably at the end of our stay. Our Disney purchased tickets we can add MP but it is $400 ttl for 3 day hp with MP.

Question. Do LMT tickets include MP? Do they charge tax and fees or just the price shown? Can we add MP or does it have to be added daily?

I will be upgrading two tickets to APs but probably at the end of our stay. Our Disney purchased tickets we can add MP but it is $400 ttl for 3 day hp with MP.
The LMT tickets do not include MaxPass, but I added it everyday. I was able to add it to my FlexPass for an additional $100. Because I upgraded after I bought MaxPass for the day, they credited me back $15. Which was very nice! I did have to stand in line to get my physical card. If I was to do it again, I would go to the ticket booth first. I had no idea they would give me full credit on the LMT park hopper. It’s a great value - especially since their prices are the best of any reseller.

The LMT tickets do not include MaxPass, but I added it everyday. I was able to add it to my FlexPass for an additional $100. Because I upgraded after I bought MaxPass for the day, they credited me back $15. Which was very nice! I did have to stand in line to get my physical card. If I was to do it again, I would go to the ticket booth first. I had no idea they would give me full credit on the LMT park hopper. It’s a great value - especially since their prices are the best of any reseller.

I've price-bridged LMT tickets three times, so I'm glad it's still happening.

But I'm very interested that they credited you back $15 for Maxpass. The recent fine print on Disney AP site said Maxpass purchased after park entry could not be credited. Can you share any more details about that conversation? i.e. maybe same day Maxpass can be credited, but not previous days?

Really curious about this. If LMT doesn't end up offering Maxpass, this is a big factor (value) to consider on if/when upgrading to AP during a trip.

Thanks, nice work!

ok I have some thinking to do. It does sound like a great deal. Also does anyone know i I upgrade DH and DD to the Flex and we end up not being able to use it can we then upgrade to the Deluxe at a different time?

ok I have some thinking to do. It does sound like a great deal. Also does anyone know i I upgrade DH and DD to the Flex and we end up not being able to use it can we then upgrade to the Deluxe at a different time?

You should be able to. You can typically upgrade between levels of annual passes, but not downgrade and get a refund...

So just remembered i am getting a $185 Disney gift card for booking a package which i can't do if i buy DH and DD tickets on LMT. LMT would save about $32 each so i think getting the $185 sounds like a a better deal than $64.
Thanks

Who credited the 15? The app or a cast member? I have 5 day hoppers and want to go to ticket booths the night before to add MP for all 5 days so I don't have to mess with it every morning. Then we're upgrading to flex on last day with MP. I heard if I show my MP receipt, they'll credit it toward MP on the AP too. Guess I should to it at the tix booth. I was just hoping for a faster way that doesn't suck up park time.

Who credited the 15? The app or a cast member? I have 5 day hoppers and want to go to ticket booths the night before to add MP for all 5 days so I don't have to mess with it every morning. Then we're upgrading to flex on last day with MP. I heard if I show my MP receipt, they'll credit it toward MP on the AP too. Guess I should to it at the tix booth. I was just hoping for a faster way that doesn't suck up park time.

Not guaranteed to work with CMs. That's why people are surprised she got $15 towards it

I got the $15 credit at the ticket booth when I got my actual pass. I mentioned that I had bought it for the day, but wanted to add it to the FlexPass. They said I’d get a credit on the card I used to purchase the daily MaxPass in 3-5 days.

Does LMT only sell tickets during a certain time period? I went online to see and I can’t find it anywhere.

We are looking at upgrading to the FlexPass during a 3-day Veteran's Day weekend trip, so I was comparing the pricing and if you're planning to get MaxPass every day, it seems like buying tickets direct from Disney with gift cards bought from Target works out only a few dollars more expensive and would guarantee getting full credit for the full price of the ticket+Maxpass:

LMT 3-day hopper= $324+45 for MP = $370 total, and the potential to only get a $324 credit toward the upgrade
Disney Hopper= $355+45 for MP= $400 in gift cards but only $380 out of pocket by purchasing gift cards at Target and guaranteed $400 Flex Pass credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter