Upgraded my LMT park hopper and got full value credit for a Flex Pass.

If you use your 1 day pass and upgrade to flexpass the flexpass start date will be the day you use your 1 day pass.
Ah, I hadn't used the 1 day pass. It was purchased in advance of my travel date and I chose to follow an "upgrade" offer presented by the App. FWIW, the App clearly started the 1-year clock on the day of purchase and has been counting down steadily since.

I phoned DL Tickets before attempting the upgrade via the App. I was informed that the upgrade could be done either via the app or at the booth provided the App showed an "Upgrade this ticket" link. As the app showed me the link, I gave it a spin ... but it failed to complete its mission. :(

The end-user pickle is having to choose between "upgrade at the booth and possibly not get a reservation for the day you are there" against "upgrade prior to travel and lose that time from the AP." Kinda ouchy.
Wait. Did you use your ticket to enter the park before you attempted the upgrade? Unless I’m missing something, I didn’t think that you could upgrade an unused ticket through the ap.

Wait. Did you use your ticket to enter the park before you attempted the upgrade? Unless I’m missing something, I didn’t think that you could upgrade an unused ticket through the ap.
No, I had not yet used my ticket. The app invited me to "upgrade to an AP" ... so I followed the steps ... but ended up with a new AP in addition to the unused single day ticket.

The more I think about this and replay in my brain (against the comments here, thanks!), I wonder if "Upgrade to an AP!" was more of a tease like "Upgrade your LIFE" rather than my literal interpretation of "Upgrade THIS ticket." Just bad timing and bad luck that the tease was offered on the same screen as my 1-day/1-Park ticket, perhaps??? Ugh.

Update: My issue, described above, was resolved at the Ticket Booth. The supervisor cancelled the Flex AP purchase which left me with the two single-day passes to "start over" with the regular agent. The agent's upgrade process took two tries ... but we finally got it pushed through. In all, my husband estimates we were at the booth for about an hour getting it straightened out. Both agents (regular and supervisor) suggested there were known troubles with upgrading through the App.

You have to look for activities in Anaheim, with a trip window that's at least several days away. I bought and upgraded a 5-day park hopper to a Flex on the last day of Galaxy's Edge previews, and I purchased the ticket on LMTClub earlier that week. When I searched for tickets for the next day, nothing showed up, but if I looked for tickets for 3 days away, they did.

The LMT tickets do not include MaxPass, but I added it everyday. I was able to add it to my FlexPass for an additional $100. Because I upgraded after I bought MaxPass for the day, they credited me back $15. Which was very nice! I did have to stand in line to get my physical card. If I was to do it again, I would go to the ticket booth first. I had no idea they would give me full credit on the LMT park hopper. It’s a great value - especially since their prices are the best of any reseller.

If I purchase a 4 day park hopper from Disney with Max Pass included they credit the full amount (including the max pass cost) when you upgrade to an annual pass?

If I purchase a 4 day park hopper from Disney with Max Pass included they credit the full amount (including the max pass cost) when you upgrade to an annual pass?
From my understanding yes. I was considering going this route because I have not decided which AP to get. The post above yours answered my question about LMT and Maxpass.

Bumping this thread with updated info. I have 5-day Park Hoppers for the entire family of 5. We just came back from a weekend trip where we used two days. Was on a time-crunch, so left the line for ticket booth after a CM tending the lines mentioned tix can be upgraded by DL app when I asked him if there were other alternatives to waiting in line. He didn't ask and I didn't mention to him that these were bought from LMT.

While walking out, I tried to access the DL app but it was the day when the app glitched for about an hour. Once home, I was able to login again and got the message, "this ticket may be eligible for upgrade to an Annual Pass"... but there was no clickable button other than, "delete this ticket".

Monday afternoon, I called guest services and the CM was not able to resolve after trying a few workarounds. She concluded that it was because the tickets were from an authorized reseller and not direct from Disney. I will have to make a trip back to DL and to a ticket booth to be able to upgrade my tickets to a Flex Annual Pass. :-(

Bumping this thread with updated info. I have 5-day Park Hoppers for the entire family of 5. We just came back from a weekend trip where we used two days. Was on a time-crunch, so left the line for ticket booth after a CM tending the lines mentioned tix can be upgraded by DL app when I asked him if there were other alternatives to waiting in line. He didn't ask and I didn't mention to him that these were bought from LMT.

While walking out, I tried to access the DL app but it was the day when the app glitched for about an hour. Once home, I was able to login again and got the message, "this ticket may be eligible for upgrade to an Annual Pass"... but there was no clickable button other than, "delete this ticket".

Monday afternoon, I called guest services and the CM was not able to resolve after trying a few workarounds. She concluded that it was because the tickets were from an authorized reseller and not direct from Disney. I will have to make a trip back to DL and to a ticket booth to be able to upgrade my tickets to a Flex Annual Pass. :-(
When did you buy your tickets? I couldn't upgrade my LMT tix in the app in July when we were there. I had purchased them prior to the price increase (they only gave us credit for the gate price that was in effect at the time of purchase), so I assumed that was why.

When did you buy your tickets? I couldn't upgrade my LMT tix in the app in July when we were there. I had purchased them prior to the price increase (they only gave us credit for the gate price that was in effect at the time of purchase), so I assumed that was why.
I purchased them exactly a week before our visit, on 9/2/19 to be exact. The CM who helped me on the phone opined that the system can "see" the ticket "face value" on direct-sale Disney tickets only and that the on-line upgrades were therefore directed at those tickets. All other third-party tickets are subject to the "go to ticket booth" message.

Interesting. DD's that I upgraded via the app in May was purchased on LMT prior to last price increase as well and I was able to do it in the app and was given gate price in effect at time of purchase.

I have to say this seems random, really. I had LMT tickets in my app in June that I had purchased a couple days before going and it was offering me to upgrade those too in the app...

Interesting. DD's that I upgraded via the app in May was purchased on LMT prior to last price increase as well and I was able to do it in the app and was given gate price in effect at time of purchase.

I have to say this seems random, really. I had LMT tickets in my app in June that I had purchased a couple days before going and it was offering me to upgrade those too in the app...
This is what mine looks like in my app...after a bit of self redaction:IMG_4190.jpg

Can someone give me an idea of what it looked like in their app?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter