Upgrades on joining rooms...

PMelhorn

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone has every been upgraded who had 2 joining cabins?
If so from what to what?

We are a family of 5 and on our last cruise and on this on we chose 2 joining cabins ( cat.9) instead of one cat 4 cabin.

Thanks!

bumping this as I am also wondering. Seems like it would be too much work to give an upgrade when there are 2 connecting rooms to figure out. :confused:

Upgrades in themselves are very rare. I would guess that the likelihood of there being two connecting rooms available when DCL has a need to upgrade someone are probably almost non exisitant.

It is so funny that this came up today. I just asked about this TODAY while on the phone with DCL changing a reservation. She said it is very unlikely for that to happen when you have requested connecting cabins. They try to avoid those when moving people.

Sue Ellen

It happened to us two summers ago. We booked with some
friends and had porthole adjoining rooms. We ended up being upgraded to adjoining rooms with Navigator Verandas! This
was our first cruise and we were pleasantly surprised. Now
we are spoiled though and have booked our cruise this Julywith a veranda. I'm curious to see if we like the standard veranda over the Navigator veranda.

We made our original booking in late April for a July cruise.
Don't know if that played a role or not in our being upgraded.....

ddluvstitch....did you have connecting or adjoining rooms? Connecting have the interior door leading from one cabin to other and adjoining are just next to each other.

MJ

We just got an adjoining room upgrade for our 5/22 cruise. We had booked 2 category 9 rooms next to each other, but they upgraded us to adjoining category 5 rooms. Guess we got really luck- but it CAN happen! We didn't book real far in advance- I think it was late Jan. or early Feb. :cool:

I am so excited to hear that it can happen. Congards. epjenk!!!!
I will be happy with our cat 9 cabins but it would be fine if they wanted to upgrade me to a cat 5.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

That is great...adjoining rooms (next to each other) would be easier to upgrade than CONNECTING ROOMS. There is a difference.

MJ

I misspoke- we were upgraded from adjoining category 9 to connecting category 5 rooms- better all around!

3 weeks till we leave and other than a 10 hour drive with 2 toddlers, I can't wait!

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the distinction between
the words - but we had connected rooms. It was great
because we kept the door propped open all the time and
it felt like we were in a suite! It also made it nice because
we were able to have separation between kids and adults
for times when we wanted to unwind on the veranda or
watch something different on TV.

So, it sounds like it was an unusual but lucky occurance
for us. It does happen. (or at least it did!)

Thanks for clarifying.....that is lucky and great that you were upgraded like that!!!!

Hey if it happened once, I guess it can happen again if the circumstances are right!!!

MJ

I guess my first posting on this question should have had the word connecting instead of joining. We always get rooms with the door in between them so the rooms joins together making one big room with 2 bathrooms. We leave the door open and it is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter