Upgrades?

MadMadamMim

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this has been asked many many times.... so I'll apologize ahead of time for the redundancy :)

How does one go about getting an upgrade? Do you just ask when you check in if they have anything available? We have ressies for a standard view at YC in Feb..

Thanks in advance!

I've never had it happen to me but from what I've read sometimes if it's a slow period they'll offer you an upgrade at check-in. Otherwise, you could ask if upgrades are available and at what cost. It never hurts to ask - the worst they can do is say no!

Good luck!

You can just ask at checkin, but if you're set on a room better than a standard view, then I would just book the upgraded room.

Personally, I think that the best way to get upgraded is for the CM to give you an upgrade without even asking. I think sometimes being friendly and personable helps. But do not just go to checkin exepcting an upgrade, because it is much more the exception than the rule.

I just booked WL for hubby and my anniversary next month. The lady put in our anniversary info into our ressies. What are the odds we'll get any kinda upgrade for this trip? I am not going to go expecting anything as I am just thrilled enough to be staying with hubby alone at a deluxe hotel!

I was at the AKL in May with a standard view ressie. 3 days out, I faxed over a room request for our standard view room. I had seen on a Disney Site (not sure which one) an example of what to put in the fax in order to POSSIBLY get an upgrade. I simply wrote how excited we were to be staying there for our college graduation trip, which was entirely true and thanked them for their time with my request. We arrived at AKL and were told that we had been given a complimentary upgrade to savannah. I really believe though that it was just the luck of the draw, but it was a very nice surprise and the fax didn't hurt! Upgrades though are never a guarantee, believe me I would have been thrilled to have a sleeping bag in the parking lot of the AKL, it is amazing.

We had this happen to us at the Contemporary last January. While I waited in the van with the kids, my husband went in to check in and asked if we could possibly get an upgrade....so we went from a Garden Wing room to a Bay View Tower room. Not too shabby! So, he's feeling lucky now and asks if we might even be able to get into a room with a MK view.....the CM asks if we mind waiting a couple of hours.....OF COURSE NOT!!! So DH walks out grunting just like Tim "the Toolman" Taylor, wanting us to worship the ground he walked on.....haha. I felt like he had copied off my test paper as it was all of MY research that even clued us into the fact that this could happen!!

It must have been that it was that slow and we were lucky. We were there Jan 2-5. Unless my husband is very good at hiding the bill I don't think we paid any extra either.

Are there any upgrades to ask for at ASMO beyond bldg pref? Do they ever upgrade you to other hotels? What is the fax number?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter