Upgrading a Child to an Adult?

shaycamp21

DIS Veteran
We are staying at CSR and upgraded our free QS dining to the regular dining plan? Since I have 2 more TS meals booked than I have credits for I was thinking of upgrading our DD (8) to an adult and paying oop pocket for some of her meals to save credits. I am wondering if I upgrade my dd's ticket to an adult ticket would I just pay the difference in the ticket prices or would I also have to pay the price difference in QS dining plan / DDP price even though I already upgraded to regular DDP on our reservation? My thinking is if I have to pay the ticket difference, plus the daily upgrade ($23 x 8 nights = $184) plus the cost of some of her meals oop it may work out better to just pay for of the two lowest priced dinners for everyone instead.

This is where we have booked:
Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Dinner Package)
CRT (2 TS credits)
Homecomin'
Cape May
Yak & Yeti
California Grill (2 TS credits)
Story Book Dining @ Artist Point
'Ohana Breakfast

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated? Also if it does work out to a better value to upgrade my dd to an adult do I call Disney to do that or do I do that on MDE?
Thanks again:)

Yes, you would have to pay to upgrade both her park ticket and her dining plan to the adult prices.

It’s a math exercise time to set up a spreadsheet and do the math to see if it is better to pay cash oop or upgrade

Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Dinner Package)
CRT (2 TS credits)
Homecomin'
Cape May
Yak & Yeti
California Grill (2 TS credits)
Story Book Dining @ Artist Point
'Ohana Breakfast

The only places where you have a choice as to what you pay are Cali Grill, Homecomin' and Yak & Yeti. So you'll want to use 6 of her 8 adult credits on the other meals. That only gives you 2 credits to apply to the others in your room. I think you'll do better just paying OOP for everyone at Homecomin' and Yak n Yeti. Take a look at the menus of the 3 where you have a choice and see what people may order. You can do a combination of OOP and DDP at these 3 too. If someone wants a really expensive entree, use the credit and then everyone share their dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!