Upgrading kid to adult dining plan?

KittieKat

Boy mom/twin mom
Weighing out options here. I have 3 kids (4, 1, 1). We are going in August and are on the free QSDP. I have heard you can pay to upgrade your kid to an adult plan for the qsdp. Is it just the cost of the ticket price difference? Looking to have larger portions of food for my twins who are not on the dining plan due to their age.

Thanks that's only like a 20 dollar difference for my son to upgrade his ticket and would get us larger meals to share.

Exactly why I am doing it with my DGS in September

Weighing out options here. I have 3 kids (4, 1, 1). We are going in August and are on the free QSDP. I have heard you can pay to upgrade your kid to an adult plan for the qsdp. Is it just the cost of the ticket price difference? Looking to have larger portions of food for my twins who are not on the dining plan due to their age.
You can order adult counter service meals with kid credits so I wouldn't worry about upgrading the 4 year old.

You can order adult counter service meals with kid credits so I wouldn't worry about upgrading the 4 year old.
Last that was noted, as of January 1st. Credits on dining plans are separated by child credits and adult credits. Child credits can no longer be used to "purchase" adult meals. This at either quick service or table service. (Table service if using regular dining plan or deluxe dining plan.)

So I have been reading this correctly......... I didn’t realize it’s only $20 difference between a kids and adults ticket! I have a two-year-old that will be turning three while we’re there so definitely worth 20 bucks so she can share with her 5yr old sister! I’m guessing you have to call to do this change

Just remember, once your 5 year old is 10 in the system, she ages up in the system forever. May not be a big deal but when Disney says she's 18 and counted as an extra adult in your room when in fact she is only 13.....
I am doing this with my grandson but he will only move from 9 to 10.

Just remember, once your 5 year old is 10 in the system, she ages up in the system forever. May not be a big deal but when Disney says she's 18 and counted as an extra adult in your room when in fact she is only 13.....
I think you can change the ages of kids in MDX.

We actually just had this issue for one of my kids that we aged up. Her profile said she was 13 or 14 and she's 9 (also had our 4 year old as an infant. No idea why).

We just had to make a new profile on the MDE family page and delete the old one. No big deal.

Thanks that's only like a 20 dollar difference for my son to upgrade his ticket and would get us larger meals to share.
Yes we would do this numerous times in the past with our kids (they are now teenagers) and was even recommended on the phone by a CM. With free dining, it’s a heck of a deal! Plus, our kids have always loved more variety of food such as steaks and sushi so they were very happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts