Upgrading magic bands And check your original choices

starrysky

DIS Veteran
Hi all

Managed this morning to upgrade our magic bands to the optional graphic ones. HM for me and DH got Darth.
Not a huge selection but some cute options (see photo) You can still keep the original plain colour ones those are still free.
Costs $10 each band and the total for two with tax was $21.30 so much cheaper than one band on its own and they will still send it to the resort.

Also worth checking if your original choices are still there as a few people have said theirs seems to have disappeared from the MDE.

Attachments

• 153DF126-8047-4624-A04B-FE26B7F137E8.jpeg
    153DF126-8047-4624-A04B-FE26B7F137E8.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 59
If you pay the $10 for the upgrade and then decide a couple of months later that you'd prefer a different design, can you change it to any of the other upgrade options like with the complimentary ones where you can change your mind as many times as you like until about 10 days before. Or once you've paid for your upgrade, is that it and you're stuck with your choice?

If you pay the $10 for the upgrade and then decide a couple of months later that you'd prefer a different design, can you change it to any of the other upgrade options like with the complimentary ones where you can change your mind as many times as you like until about 10 days before. Or once you've paid for your upgrade, is that it and you're stuck with your choice?
From Disney
Upgraded MagicBands will be sold by Magic Kingdom, Inc. Your credit card will be charged when you place your order. Once personalized, upgraded MagicBands cannot be canceled, returned, refunded or exchanged, even if the hotel reservation is canceled. Personalization not available on certain limited edition MagicBands due to space restrictions. Cancellation of Disney Resort hotel reservations will result in MagicBand orders being canceled; if upgraded MagicBands are ordered and have been personalized at the time the reservation is canceled, the MagicBand order will not be cancelable or refundable and the regular, non-discounted retail price of the upgraded personalized MagicBands will be charged. Pricing of upgraded MagicBands may vary. Selection subject to availability”

How the blinking hector did you manage to order them? I tried last night and couldn't even get into MDE through the UK site, just tried at work and can get in but can't pay for them! Although it might be a blessing as DH wants a Grumpy band so we were planning on keeping an eye out to see if they change/increase the choice and then swap his for a Grumpy!

How the blinking hector did you manage to order them? I tried last night and couldn't even get into MDE through the UK site, just tried at work and can get in but can't pay for them! Although it might be a blessing as DH wants a Grumpy band so we were planning on keeping an eye out to see if they change/increase the choice and then swap his for a Grumpy!
I tried all day yesterday(got very sick of seeing stich) but finally managed at 7am this morning as I figured at that time most of America wouldn’t be online so less traffic on the site.
Don’t recall seeing grumpy ones and as it said on the Disney site once you’ve picked and paid for them that’s it no swapping Unless it’s from the free ones

I got mine this afternoon... however looking at my credit card pending payments they've charged me 4 times!!!

Looks like I'll be waiting a few more months before I order mine then. I'm terrible for changing my mind about things like this and at least if I wait, there might be more options and they might have sorted all the technical problems people seem to be suffering at the moment. We're not going until November so still plenty of time for us :)

I've been reading lots about people's orders reverting to plain bands (even tho they've paid) due to being out of stock of what they have ordered, so I've been trying to check mine, but the page won't load. Has anyone else been able to log back in?

I've been reading lots about people's orders reverting to plain bands (even tho they've paid) due to being out of stock of what they have ordered, so I've been trying to check mine, but the page won't load. Has anyone else been able to log back in?

I can log in today, and mine are still the same ones I ordered, Snacks and Spaceship Earth!

So only 5 options are showing for me - yesterday there were 10 I think - so I'm assuming this is all that's left in stock. Not planning on going for any of these so I guess I will have to wait to see if more stock comes in. Not quite sure how stock works on there but seems very odd

So only 5 options are showing for me - yesterday there were 10 I think - so I'm assuming this is all that's left in stock. Not planning on going for any of these so I guess I will have to wait to see if more stock comes in. Not quite sure how stock works on there but seems very odd

There have been lots of reports of this and also complaints that the other plain colours were not available. Hopefully Disney will see fit to ensure availability and alternative options

I've not been able to log into the Magic Band page since I ordered my wifes one a few days ago. I keep getting the 7 dwarves chiming in saying that the page can't load. Hopefully I'll be able to get back in one day as I want to get the kids bands sorted out

I've not been able to log into the Magic Band page since I ordered my wifes one a few days ago. I keep getting the 7 dwarves chiming in saying that the page can't load. Hopefully I'll be able to get back in one day as I want to get the kids bands sorted out

I'm exactly the same!! I want to check my order as there are so many reports of people's bands resorting to the original plain choice... to be honest though I'm going to just print my receipt off and if there's a problem they'll have to sort it at check in!

I’ve tried upgrading mine, o get a link to say I can and to click on the theme button but MDE tells me “oops something went wrong” very frustrating......I’ve only just been able to modify my daters after changing them 3 weeks ago 🙈 xx

I’ve tried upgrading mine, o get a link to say I can and to click on the theme button but MDE tells me “oops something went wrong” very frustrating......I’ve only just been able to modify my daters after changing them 3 weeks ago 🙈 xx

Try switching to the US site, thats what I did to order the custom bands :)

They have sold out of all the non-standard ones. I'm going to try again in a few weeks and see if they have reappeared

Disney haven’t bothered to contact me, but my payment has been refunded onto my card today, so looks like I won’t be getting the bands that I’ve ordered for September. What a joke 🙄

Wow, thats crazy that they sold out!!!!!! Hopefully they'll get more in stock soon for everyone :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!