Upgrading promo ticket to annual pass?

Jenny412

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what the value of the buy 2 get 2 day ticket is when upgrading it to an annual pass? Do you just get the value of what you paid for the ticket or the value of an actual 4 day ticket? Thanks for any responses!

The value on the Universal website. So $275 for park-to-park, or $215 for one park / day.

The general consensus (and what I've been told from Universal) is that you'll pay the difference between the gate price of the ticket you have and the gate price of the ticket/ AP you want.
Some people have said that if you bought your tickets from Universal directly, they'll only credit you for what you paid, since they have access to that. For everyone else, they don't know how much you paid, so they give you the gate ticket value. Some say it's not gate price, it's online price.
And FYI, the prices on Universal's site aren't the gate prices.
This is the only source for actual gate prices that I've found (note that it includes tax):
https://www.mousesavers.com/universal-orlando-discounts-and-deals/#regtixprices

Most people have said that the "Buy 2 Days, Get 2 Days Free" ticket says "4 days" on it, & they've gotten the value (gate price) when upgrading. I just purchased those tickets myself - the 3-park, park-to-park version- and my tickets say "3 Park 4 Day PTP Promo" on them. So, it says 4 days and not 2, but it does say "Promo" as well.

If the weather cooperates, I'll be trying this very upgrade in about 24 hours. I'll let you know what happened.

The general consensus (and what I've been told from Universal) is that you'll pay the difference between the gate price of the ticket you have and the gate price of the ticket/ AP you want.
Some people have said that if you bought your tickets from Universal directly, they'll only credit you for what you paid, since they have access to that. For everyone else, they don't know how much you paid, so they give you the gate ticket value. Some say it's not gate price, it's online price.
And FYI, the prices on Universal's site aren't the gate prices.
This is the only source for actual gate prices that I've found (note that it includes tax):
https://www.mousesavers.com/universal-orlando-discounts-and-deals/#regtixprices

Most people have said that the "Buy 2 Days, Get 2 Days Free" ticket says "4 days" on it, & they've gotten the value (gate price) when upgrading. I just purchased those tickets myself - the 3-park, park-to-park version- and my tickets say "3 Park 4 Day PTP Promo" on them. So, it says 4 days and not 2, but it does say "Promo" as well.

If the weather cooperates, I'll be trying this very upgrade in about 24 hours. I'll let you know what happened.
That would be wonderful! Please let me know :)

Last Feb, my same promo tickets were valued at the promo price. They say promo on them. Universal doesn't know where you bought them, but they know you didn't pay the 4 day price.

You'll get Universal's price for the promo tickets. If Universal sells the same ticket as what you've bought (wherever you bought it), they will credit you their value. Since that promo ticket mentioned about is also a current Universal promo, you'll get the Universal price for it.

That does make sense. Still, I'm curious as to whether they give you the gate price or the online price - although they know you bought a promo ticket, I don't see how they could know whether you bought it online or at the gate.

That does make sense. Still, I'm curious as to whether they give you the gate price or the online price - although they know you bought a promo ticket, I don't see how they could know whether you bought it online or at the gate.

Generally there is no difference in gate and online with promo tickets.

Generally there is no difference in gate and online with promo tickets.

I've been wondering about that, as I haven't seen any gate prices listed for the promo tickets.

Anyway, I stopped at two different guest services locations today (Cabana Bay and USF) and they told me the same thing - the upgrade charge for a 3-park "promo" ticket to a 3-park Seasonal Pass would be $71. That's the difference between the online price (and maybe gate price) of the 3 park "buy 2 days, get 2 days free" ticket and the 3-park Seasonal Pass.

So, the previous posters here are absolutely correct - the "Promo" ticket is considered a 2 day ticket. I read some reports from other posters saying they got the 4 day ticket price, but that didn't work for me at either location. And they didn't even look at my ticket, they just scanned the barcode, so I don't see how one person could get a different answer than another.

Next myth to bust: can you upgrade a paper, printed-at-home ticket for a regular tyvek-style park ticket? Again, some people have said you can do this, others have said no, still others have said they'll do it for a fee. I asked at Cabana Bay guest services & they said no. I forgot to ask at the park Guest Services, so we'll see how that goes.

I've been wondering about that, as I haven't seen any gate prices listed for the promo tickets.

Anyway, I stopped at two different guest services locations today (Cabana Bay and USF) and they told me the same thing - the upgrade charge for a 3-park "promo" ticket to a 3-park Seasonal Pass would be $71. That's the difference between the online price (and maybe gate price) of the 3 park "buy 2 days, get 2 days free" ticket and the 3-park Seasonal Pass.

So, the previous posters here are absolutely correct - the "Promo" ticket is considered a 2 day ticket. I read some reports from other posters saying they got the 4 day ticket price, but that didn't work for me at either location. And they didn't even look at my ticket, they just scanned the barcode, so I don't see how one person could get a different answer than another.

Next myth to bust: can you upgrade a paper, printed-at-home ticket for a regular tyvek-style park ticket? Again, some people have said you can do this, others have said no, still others have said they'll do it for a fee. I asked at Cabana Bay guest services & they said no. I forgot to ask at the park Guest Services, so we'll see how that goes.

The other posters that got 4 day price had different tickets. The tickets that they had were an in-house promo from Undercover Tourist. Those were actual 4 day tickets just sold at a 2 day price.

Can you upgrade a paper, printed-at-home ticket for a regular tyvek-style park ticket?
You can exchange the full page printout for the little credit card size firm ticket. Did so at IoA guest services. Wish it were actually waterproof / plastic, but at least it is more durable and portable. Stands up to light wetting.

I was told that you can’t upgrade promo tickets to annual passes at all unless you are a Florida resident. Is this true?

If you don’t mind me asking. Did they give you the value of what you paid at undercover tourist or what Universal charges for the ticket?

I don’t mind at all and just looked it up earlier to be sure! They credited me $292.87, the Universal price on my upgrade date for this promo ticket. I got lucky with a price bump in between my purchase and my travel dates - I only paid about $261 for those tickets but now I think they’re around $275 per ticket on UT. Still worth it to save a few bucks! We linked our UT tickets to the app and were able to upgrade at guest services using those.

I don’t mind at all and just looked it up earlier to be sure! They credited me $292.87, the Universal price on my upgrade date for this promo ticket. I got lucky with a price bump in between my purchase and my travel dates - I only paid about $261 for those tickets but now I think they’re around $275 per ticket on UT. Still worth it to save a few bucks! We linked our UT tickets to the app and were able to upgrade at guest services using those.

Thanks for sharing this! I just purchased my UT tickets today and was planning on doing the same thing when we arrive in a few weeks. I’m getting tickets in the mail, I didn’t even think of adding those to the Universal app. I’ll have to try it!

Just wondering who told you that?

I just got off phone with UT, and they told me that the 4 for 2 promo ticket could not be upgraded to an annual pass. She seemed very confident but clearly this may be wrong.

I just got off phone with UT, and they told me that the 4 for 2 promo ticket could not be upgraded to an annual pass. She seemed very confident but clearly this may be wrong.

Have we had any reports of folks being denied at Universal? I think anyone who's concerned might want to check with Universal rather than UT. I used UT 4 for 2 promo tickets to upgrade to Seasonal Passes in November with absolutely no problems. The Universal social media accounts are super responsive if one wished not to call!

We upgraded our UT ticket 2 day 2 park 2 free day promo to annual passes on Feb 25th. The cost was around 30 per person. (We upgraded to seasonal).
If I find the receipt I'll come back and post the actual details. I have no idea if we saved any money doing it this way. The plan was just for me to upgrade my ticket so we could get the AP hotel discounts (which was a huge savings on the room for 5 nights) but then everyone wanted more park days so we just went for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!