Upgrading to an AP + MaxPass

barbaraann

Chicago Gal
I currently have a 5 day park hopper that I am going to use for my September trip to Disneyland. I am arriving early, and maybe planning a trip is the next 12 months. I have been wondering what I would need to pay in order to upgrade my park hopper to an Annual Pass with the MaxPass feature. I paid $350 for a 5 day park hopper. A deluxe pass is $619. Do I pay the difference of $269, and an additional $75 for MaxPass. This seems to be what I have been reading. Thanks in advance. I am seriously thinking of doing this on my very first day in September, which would give me almost 6 full days on this trip, and then I can plan another trip .

You would just pay the difference, though I'm not sure how much the difference would be with the maxpass. I don't know how it works if you're getting a new AP, but I was told that for my existing AP, I would have to buy maxpass for each day I want to use it, so $10/day per pass. I wanted to piggyback onto this question actually--can an existing AP upgrade to a permanent maxpass? The CM I talked to said no, but I've seen a lot of inconsistency lately with CM knowledge on maxpass.

I have a Signature AP and received an email from Disney a few days ago with info about the Max pass...

Disney MaxPass for Annual Passholders
Guests who have a valid Disneyland Annual Passport may purchase the Disney MaxPass feature as a daily add-on for $10 through the Disneyland app or as an annual add-on for $75 at a Disneyland Resort Ticket Booth. The Disney MaxPass feature is an included benefit with the Disney Signature Plus Passport and the Disney Premier Passport.
The cost of the annual Disney MaxPass feature cannot be pro-rated for passes expiring in less than a year and expires when your Annual Passport expires.

I currently have a 5 day park hopper that I am going to use for my September trip to Disneyland. I am arriving early, and maybe planning a trip is the next 12 months. I have been wondering what I would need to pay in order to upgrade my park hopper to an Annual Pass with the MaxPass feature. I paid $350 for a 5 day park hopper. A deluxe pass is $619. Do I pay the difference of $269, and an additional $75 for MaxPass. This seems to be what I have been reading. Thanks in advance. I am seriously thinking of doing this on my very first day in September, which would give me almost 6 full days on this trip, and then I can plan another trip .

I never get regular tickets but I believe you get one early entry with a 5 day ticket. Make sure you use that before you upgrade to an annual pass.

Hijacking this thread to make sure that my plans are kosher:

1) I have a Premier that I will renew as a SoCal AP in January. Can I pay the renewal price + $75 to add MaxPass at that time?
2) My 6yo has a 5-day park hopper that I plan on converting to a SoCal AP + Maxpass next week. Will Maxpass be $75 for that AP as well?

My vacation begins on Sunday September the third, and ends on Saturday, the 9th. I only bought a 5 day park hopper, because that's the highest that the park hoppers go. I surely would have gotten 6 days if that option was open to me. I arrive early on the 3rd, and I notice that that day is blocked out for Deluxe Annual passes. Monday is Labor Day, and my birthday, so I lucked out there, and the park is open early and stays open till midnight. Then the Tuesday is an early entry day, but the park closes at 8 pm. I am assuming that will be true until perhaps Friday, when I am hoping there will be another later closing, and Fireworks/Fantasmic schedule. All these things considered, if I want to buy an AP, I should definitely do it on Wednesday after I have already used my early entry on Tuesday. What concerns me now is adding Max Pass. It's 50 bucks for my 5 day park hopper, or $10 a day, in this case three days. Getting an AP was a way to get an extra day on the Sunday when I arrive, and unlimited Max Pass on all my future days. My original plan was to buy the AP on Sunday, pay the $75 to add MaxPass, and forego the early entry on Tuesday. Of course, I could still buy the AP on Monday, using my park hopper on Sunday not adding any MaxPass, and forego early entry on Tuesday and pay the $75.

Hijacking this thread to make sure that my plans are kosher:

1) I have a Premier that I will renew as a SoCal AP in January. Can I pay the renewal price + $75 to add MaxPass at that time?
2) My 6yo has a 5-day park hopper that I plan on converting to a SoCal AP + Maxpass next week. Will Maxpass be $75 for that AP as well?

If your talking about the Premier Passport then that's one of the two AP types that auto includes the MaxPass. Nothing on the website suggests that it costs more or less depending on age or type of pass (except for the two that include it). So my guess is that yeah you have to pay 75 bucks for the kid to get it on his SoCal pass.

My vacation begins on Sunday September the third, and ends on Saturday, the 9th. I only bought a 5 day park hopper, because that's the highest that the park hoppers go. I surely would have gotten 6 days if that option was open to me. I arrive early on the 3rd, and I notice that that day is blocked out for Deluxe Annual passes. Monday is Labor Day, and my birthday, so I lucked out there, and the park is open early and stays open till midnight. Then the Tuesday is an early entry day, but the park closes at 8 pm. I am assuming that will be true until perhaps Friday, when I am hoping there will be another later closing, and Fireworks/Fantasmic schedule. All these things considered, if I want to buy an AP, I should definitely do it on Wednesday after I have already used my early entry on Tuesday. What concerns me now is adding Max Pass. It's 50 bucks for my 5 day park hopper, or $10 a day, in this case three days. Getting an AP was a way to get an extra day on the Sunday when I arrive, and unlimited Max Pass on all my future days. My original plan was to buy the AP on Sunday, pay the $75 to add MaxPass, and forego the early entry on Tuesday. Of course, I could still buy the AP on Monday, using my park hopper on Sunday not adding any MaxPass, and forego early entry on Tuesday and pay the $75.
You could buy your AP on Tuesday after you've done your early entry, if you wanted, just pulling regular FPs until you had a chance to get to the ticket booths to upgrade and buy MaxPass for the AP. There's no reason to wait till Wednesday.

If your talking about the Premier Passport then that's one of the two AP types that auto includes the MaxPass. Nothing on the website suggests that it costs more or less depending on age or type of pass (except for the two that include it). So my guess is that yeah you have to pay 75 bucks for the kid to get it on his SoCal pass.
Thanks. I'm interested in "renewing" the Premier pass at a lower level, the SoCal AP. I haven't seen any info about adding MaxPass to an AP renewal, and I want to make sure that I can do so.

We upgraded our tickets to APS on our trip last week. I kindly asked the CM at the booth if it we would lose our MM that we could only use on Thursday and she said yes, but then she presented us with a ticket for 4 for MM entrance on that day. I would probably opt for upgrading earlier to get the benefit of Maxpass and the discounts and hope for a little pixie dust...never hurts to ask. Just be prepared that you might lose it...it's only one hour and you'll have 6 days...and the rest of the year!!

We upgraded our tickets to APS on our trip last week. I kindly asked the CM at the booth if it we would lose our MM that we could only use on Thursday and she said yes, but then she presented us with a ticket for 4 for MM entrance on that day. I would probably opt for upgrading earlier to get the benefit of Maxpass and the discounts and hope for a little pixie dust...never hurts to ask. Just be prepared that you might lose it...it's only one hour and you'll have 6 days...and the rest of the year!!
I would too. The value of the discounts and all outweighs the MM IMO. Plus you have 5 day ( or 6 with the AP). That is a A LOT of days. The MM will not add. I hope if anything to that.

I would too. The value of the discounts and all outweighs the MM IMO. Plus you have 5 day ( or 6 with the AP). That is a A LOT of days. The MM will not add. I hope if anything to that.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I am traveling solo on this trip, because a friend of mine and her daughter had to cancel recently, due to a medical emergency in the family. Therefore, she is definitely planning a trip for next year, and that definitely means that there is a good chance we would visit together.

Thanks for everyone's input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter