Upgrading to an AP?

Thickey

Mouseketeer
TLDR: How much approx does an AP cost when upgrading from park tickets?

We are visiting WDW in October for 2 and a bit weeks, the 16 day park ticket was fine for us but then Hanson decided to announce their eat to the beat dates and so my wife made me change all my well organised plans :mad:. Anyway, I changed the tickets to 21 days which wasn't a huge additional cost and we get to see Hanson (There is no limit to my excitement :/ ).

I'm now looking at the possibility of going on a cruise out of Port Canaveral(Royal Caribbean, I don't have DCL money) and it would be against the law not to pop over to WDW for a week before hand.

As we aren't using the DDP for our long trip I'm thinking it may be cheeper to get APs, benefit from the AP discounts and saving on park tickets and room discounts for the cruise trip.

Has anyone here done this upgrade and any clue how much it costs? Disney's website seems to bake in the park ticket costs into the room rates as I don' think I saw any difference in cost when I selected room only.

Almost at 99 days! I can't wait (except for Hanson).

Last edited:
Fantastic, thanks for the help. I find it very odd that there isn't a simple formula that Disney uses to calculate this. if I can get away with $300 or so each then it seems like a sensible thing to do.. but I will have to bust out my calculator and work out where the sweet spot it

Would be good to hear how you get on. We are back in October for 2 weeks and then again at New Year for 11 days. Both trips have free DDP so might not upgrade this time round but will ask about prices out of interest. Will post my results if I remember! Good luck and enjoy Hanson :rotfl2:

Mrs TT

We're planning on upgrading this year ready for next year, it all depends on how much you've 'Paid' for your ticket, be it direct, or in a package with a TA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!