Upgrading to AP with increase of tickets today

thornton0511

DIS Veteran
I purchased 7 day park hoppers as part of our bounceback free dining pkg last fall. We are going in early June. I am considering upgrading when we go in June to AP's for the tickets. With the increase of multi day tix going up today as well, is it safe to assume that IF the AP price does not increase by June when we go and is still $797.69, that the value of our 7 day PH will now be the current gate price ($467.54) and not the $350ish that we paid for them as part of our current package? If the new gate price is honored as opposed to what we actually paid for them then it should only cost me $330.15 to upgrade. Does this sound accurate?

I purchased 7 day park hoppers as part of our bounceback free dining pkg last fall. We are going in early June. I am considering upgrading when we go in June to AP's for the tickets. With the increase of multi day tix going up today as well, is it safe to assume that IF the AP price does not increase by June when we go and is still $797.69, that the value of our 7 day PH will now be the current gate price ($467.54) and not the $350ish that we paid for them as part of our current package? If the new gate price is honored as opposed to what we actually paid for them then it should only cost me $330.15 to upgrade. Does this sound accurate?

That's how price bridging works.
Brings the value of a discounted (and/or pkg. bought before a price-hike) ticket up to that day's gate price for the purposes of upgrade.

Be sure too USE the current tickets to enter a theme park at least one time BEFORE you do the upgrade.

Yes, tickets bought as part of a WDW Resort PACKAGE are considered to be "discounted" tickets.

Tickets ordered or bought from Disney, NOT part of a resort PACKAGE are NOT considered discounted and will not be price-bridged.

did I make a mistake by purchasing the base 7 day magic your way instead of a 7 day hopper tickets, if I have the intention of upgrading to an annual pass? ( I purchased just last week, but intend to upgrade when I am there in March)

did I make a mistake by purchasing the base 7 day magic your way instead of a 7 day hopper tickets, if I have the intention of upgrading to an annual pass? ( I purchased just last week, but intend to upgrade when I am there in March)

I'd not say, "mistake."

Last edited:

Brings the value of a discounted (and/or pkg. bought before a price-hike) ticket up to that day's gate price for the purposes of upgrade.

Be sure too USE the current tickets to enter a theme park at least one time BEFORE you do the upgrade.

Yes, tickets bought as part of a WDW Resort PACKAGE are considered to be "discounted" tickets.

Tickets ordered or bought from Disney, NOT part of a resort PACKAGE are NOT considered discounted and will not be price-bridged.
Good deal thank you for confirming Robo. Also noted about not doing the upgrade until after we have used them to get in the parks at least once. Looks like the increase might benefit us for at least the next year in ticket prices. :thumbsup2

Agreed with Robo, they will just take whatever the gate price is now for a 7day base ticket and value your current ticket at that price. You will owe the difference of that to upgrade to an AP. So it doesn't really make a difference that you have PH or not. The only thing I have heard, with types of tickets and upgrading to AP, is if you added the water park and more option to your tickets, in which case I think you have to get the upgraded AP that includes the waterparks and more....I think.

oh thank goodness! LOL
with the price of the American dollar for me (I'm Canadian) I am hoping that I don't have too many unexpected price hikes LOL.

so an annual pass is $797.69 minus the cost of a 7 day base 394.05 so my annual pass is 403.64, provided I enter the park at least once?

The only thing I have heard, with types of tickets and upgrading to AP, is if you added the water park and more option to your tickets, in which case I think you have to get the upgraded AP that includes the waterparks and more....I think.

Not quite true.

If you USE any of the WPF&M options BEFORE you upgrade, you must upgrade to the AP with WPF&M.

If you don't USE any of the WPF&M options, you are free to CHOOSE which type of AP to upgrade to.

oh thank goodness! LOL
with the price of the American dollar for me (I'm Canadian) I am hoping that I don't have too many unexpected price hikes LOL.

so an annual pass is $797.69 minus the cost of a 7 day base 394.05 so my annual pass is 403.64, provided I enter the park at least once?

I haven't checked your numbers, but if you quoted them accurately, you are correct.

Not quite true.

If you USE any of the WPF&M options BEFORE you upgrade, you must upgrade to the AP with WPF&M.

If you don't USE any of the WPF&M options, you are free to CHOOSE which type of AP to upgrade to.
Ah I see, well that makes sense. I was at least on the right track though right lol?

We have 8 day hoppers with the water park and more option that we have booked as part of a package for May. We were planning on upgrading them to APs with water parks and more after we arrive. Just wondering, does using one of the "plus" visits count as "entering a theme park" for this purpose, or do we need to wait to upgrade until after we use them at one of the four major theme parks? Thanks!

oh thank goodness! LOL

Should be correct. The only difference in our two situations is that my upgrade would be a little less than yours because I had paid more initially for PH.

We have 8 day hoppers with the water park and more option that we have booked as part of a package for May. We were planning on upgrading them to APs with water parks and more after we arrive.

1. Just wondering, does using one of the "plus" visits count as "entering a theme park" for this purpose,
2. or do we need to wait to upgrade until after we use them at one of the four major theme parks? Thanks!

1. Yes. (It counts as "use before upgrade" but not as a "theme park" use.)
2. Nope.

The reason that I aways say "Theme Park" in my instructions is that if I just say "Park" and a guest goes to a Water Park before upgrading, and he does NOT WANT to upgrade to the AP with the Water Parks, he's out of luck.

Last edited:
1. Yes. (It counts as "use before upgrade" but not as a "theme park" use.)
2. Nope.

The reason that I aways say "Theme Park" in my instructions is that if I just say "Park" and a guest goes to a Water Park before upgrading, and he does don't WANT to upgrade to the AP with the Water Parks, he's out of luck.

Great. Thanks so much!

What if I purchased tickets through UT? Are they eligible for bridge pricing?

Something doesn't sound right. They went from $350 to $467?

$467 is the current price after the increase, not sure about $350.

Something doesn't sound right. They went from $350 to $467?

$467 is the current price after the increase, not sure about $350.
I can't remember how much the 7day PH were exactly, but I thought I remembered it being in that range. Edited I think maybe they were closer to $400 than $350

Last month I purchased two 4-day PHs from Disney's website. If I upgrade them to APs in April, they won't price bridge to the current price of a 4-day PH ticket after first use to determine trade-in value?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter