• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrading your passes at the resort?

KJal1

Mouseketeer
Ok here's the deal. We originally wanted to buy 5-day PHPs and use 4 days and one plus (BB) on this trip and save the extra day and other plus for our next trip (it seems more economical to do it this way and we had the money). However, when I went ot our local Disney store they didn't have 5 day PHP's so I broke down and just bought regular 4-day passes and figured we could pay for admission to BB. Well working the figures out it still makes more sense to have the 5-day PHPs. My question is how difficult is it to upgrade 4-day regular PHs to 5-day PHPs when we check in? Could I call the DC 800# and upgrade and apply our discount over the phone (especially seeing the increase is set for 3/19, we check in 3/24)? Which makes more sense and is easier to do? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

It is not difficult at all. When you are checking in tell the CM that you wanted to add the pass to your room card and that you wnt to add another day and the pluses. I am sure they will be happy to do this for you.

I too don't think you will encounter any problems. Have a wonderful vacation!

Thanks for responding. It sounds easy enough to upgrade at check-in.
I'm sure we'll have a great trip....Only 7days, 1 hour, 25 minutes and 28 seconds to go!!

Originally posted by KJal1
Ok here's the deal....save the extra day and other plus for our next trip (it seems more economical to do it this way and we had the money).

Its been a while since I've bought plus tickets, but don't the plusses have a time limit from the first use of the ticket? I.e. don't they expire 7 days or something like that from the first time the ticket is used for an admission, or are my real life delusions intruding on my Disney sense?
:)

-Joe

According to the brochure I got from Disney about 2-3 months ago the unused days and PLUS options never expire on all PH's and PHP's. In the case of UPH's, you only have the time frame for which you buy the tickets to go to the parks, waterparks, etc. You really have nothing left to use w/UPH's because you buy them for the length of your stay only, however they include all options for an unlimited number of uses throughout your visit. The fact that unused days and PLUS options don't expire and we can use them on our next trip is the reason I wanted the 5-day PHP's. The admission to BB with our DC discount is over $80, and upgrading the passes to include an extra day in the parks and 2 days at the waterparks costs about $150 (before the increase which is supposed to go into effect tomorrow). So it definitely makes more sense to upgrade. Sorry this post is so long....
5 days 22 hours left until AKL!!!

Thanks again for the replies.

Joe - a few years back the plus tickets did work just the way you describe - you had to go to a park first and then the pluses were activated and had to be used within 7 days - I am thinking this was close to 8-10 years ago though.

But anyway they no longer work that way!

Liz

We went in '98, and the tickets were as I had thought (and Liz described). Or at least that's what I had been told. We weren't fanatics back then, so I didn't do too much homework before we went.

Curious after KJal1's 2nd post, I surfed on over to the disney site and it says explicitly on the tickets page that unused days and unused +'s don't expire. Which is cool. Changes our strategy for the big trip with all of my in-laws in December. :)

-Joe

So if you got those tickets in 98 that was only 5 years ago - I was thinking it was longer ago but maybe time flies when I am having fun or something like that.

I agree its much better they way they do it now and I am sure it also lends itself to much less confusion.

Liz

Ok! I have read all the postings and I still have a few question. Do I understand that you can turn in your PH tickets (that you purchased elsewhere) at the check in desk and add it to your room key and at the same time add more days? I'm wondering if I should purchase a 4 day now and change it to a six day when we check in. I just don't like those paper tickets!!! Thanks for helping me figure this out. You all are the greatest!:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter