Uppa Baby G-Luxe vs. Maclaren Triumph

Burgermom

Mouseketeer
Hello! Does anyone have experience with the UppaBaby G-luxe or Maclaren Triumph strollers?
I have a 3 year old and am trying to pick an umbrella stroller that will last her until about age 5. She is slightly smaller (shorter) than average but not by much
My biggest concern is whether her feet are going to start to drag out front once she gets a bit bigger.
ANybody have any experience with how well their kids "grow with" theses strollers
thanks!

I think any umbrella stroller will have the kids feet dragging at some point. I'm super cheap, I can't fathom the idea of paying $150+ for an umbrella stroller. Honestly, I'd suggest going to your local Costco, WalMart, Target and checking out those. We had one that we paid around $40 for and we used it at WDW until the kids were much older than 5. It has a strap between the front wheels that they could put their feet on so they wouldn't drag.

Not the Maclaren Triumph - but the maclaren volo.... its the lower end model but I loved it. So lightweight and easy to fold up..... great for the buses / WDW.

I never really had an issue with DD feet dragging - but she prob only used it to 4 1/2

Hello! Does anyone have experience with the UppaBaby G-luxe or Maclaren Triumph strollers?
I have a 3 year old and am trying to pick an umbrella stroller that will last her until about age 5. She is slightly smaller (shorter) than average but not by much
My biggest concern is whether her feet are going to start to drag out front once she gets a bit bigger.
ANybody have any experience with how well their kids "grow with" theses strollers
thanks!
We have an Uppa baby G-Luxe and a G-Link and I can't rave about them enough. Our almost six year old rode around in it on our last trip in February. He's 45" tall and had plenty of room. We just had to remind him to put his feet on the plastic support on the bottom because when he slouched in the seat his feet touched the ground.

One thing I love about the Uppa strollers over the MacLarens is that you can fold up and store the stroller upright on two wheels. We do this all the time at Disney so that we can fold the sun shade over the seat. It covers the seat fabric completely so if there is a rainstorm while you're in a ride the seat stays dry - you don't even need the rain cover.

Also, Uppa costumer service is amazing. We have their travel bag for gate checking the stroller when we fly. One of our trips the airline bent the support for standing it up so it couldn't stand on the two wheels anymore (thankfully this happened during our flight home). Uppa sent us a brand new stroller to replace it even though we were technically outside the warranty. I'll see if I can find some pictures to show you what a bigger kid would look like.

Found some. That's out two year old daughter who is 33" tall and our 45" tall son. Also, I love how tall the Uppa strollers are. So, this is the G-Link, but the seats and foot rests are the same size as the G-Luxe; there's just two of them.
Stroller.jpg stroller 2.JPG

I have a Maclaren Volvo and Gluxe. The Volvo is much sturdier feeling with heavier children. I have an almost 7 year old (30% in weight and height) who still can ride in the Volo but not in the Gluxe. He has autism so I’m considering getting a special needs stroller for him now. I use the Gluxe with my 3 year old just fine. It reclines and is more comfortable for her but is at least 4lbs heavier and doesn’t fold as compact. I would get the Volvo (i found a new version of my Volo for $50 on eBaY in 2007) for disney. It doesn’t recline but has a higher weight limit and a quick dry seat that is nice for amusement parks. My husband despises the Gluxe for some reason. He much prefers the Maclaren.

I think any umbrella stroller will have the kids feet dragging at some point. I'm super cheap, I can't fathom the idea of paying $150+ for an umbrella stroller. Honestly, I'd suggest going to your local Costco, WalMart, Target and checking out those. We had one that we paid around $40 for and we used it at WDW until the kids were much older than 5. It has a strap between the front wheels that they could put their feet on so they wouldn't drag.
The maclaren and Uppa baby umbrella strollers both have much better steering and handling than the cheaper models. I’ve used the knock off versions of Chicco and whatnot but they are almost impossible to steer with a child heavier than 35-40lbs. They also tend to have handlebars that are much shorter for the parents and aren’t as light. The volo is around 7.5lbs which is insanely light. I love that stroller. I got the Uppa baby for my second child because I wanted one that reclined and it was cheaper than the maclaren version but I wish I got another maclaren. Thank goodness I’m almost out of the stroller phase except for Disney

The maclaren and Uppa baby umbrella strollers both have much better steering and handling than the cheaper models. I’ve used the knock off versions of Chicco and whatnot but they are almost impossible to steer with a child heavier than 35-40lbs. They also tend to have handlebars that are much shorter for the parents and aren’t as light. The volo is around 7.5lbs which is insanely light. I love that stroller. I got the Uppa baby for my second child because I wanted one that reclined and it was cheaper than the maclaren version but I wish I got another maclaren. Thank goodness I’m almost out of the stroller phase except for Disney

I certainly don't feel that way at all. We had darn close to 200lbs in our "knock off" double stroller and had no issues with steering or moving it around...except for the fact that it was a heavy load. The wheels were identical to what's in the picture above. Never weighed the stroller empty, but it wasn't exceptionally heavy.

Like I said, I'm just cheap. We looked at expensive strollers and just never could understand what you're getting that a decent generic brand doesn't have. We beat the living daylights out of our double stroller and it held up like a champ.

I certainly don't feel that way at all. We had darn close to 200lbs in our "knock off" double stroller and had no issues with steering or moving it around...except for the fact that it was a heavy load. The wheels were identical to what's in the picture above. Never weighed the stroller empty, but it wasn't exceptionally heavy.

Like I said, I'm just cheap. We looked at expensive strollers and just never could understand what you're getting that a decent generic brand doesn't have. We beat the living daylights out of our double stroller and it held up like a champ.

Sorry for the poor choice of words. I should have chosen them better. I’m glad yours worked out well for you. Maybe I’m weak. Lol

We have owned the Uppa G-Luxe for years and our 5 year old daughter (who will only be strolled in Disney) is above average for height and her feet do not drag...unless she's doing it on purpose to annoy me. I'd recommend that over the Maclaren, as we have used both at the parks and beyond.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter