• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upstairs at Columbia Harbour House in an ECV?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Is there an elevator so that those of us in an ECV can get upstairs in CHH. And if so, has anyone here used it? Same question about getting upstairs at Pinocchio's Village Haus.

Is there an elevator so that those of us in an ECV can get upstairs in CHH. And if so, has anyone here used it? Same question about getting upstairs at Pinocchio's Village Haus.
I have no information about Pinocchio's. There is an elevator at Columbia Harbor house, but it’s in a backstage area so you would need to speak to a cast member about using it.

I don’t know if they allow use of the elevator at Columbia Harbor House anymore. It was very small and you actually had to go into the edge of the kitchen to use it.
I don’t remember Pinocchio restaurant having a second floor. If there is one, I’ve not been up there in all our trips and have never seen an elevator

I feel like I remember a second floor at Pinocchios’s, but it’s been literally decades since I was up there, and I don’t recall where the access was. It was back when stairs were not my mortal enemy, and I still had both collagen *and* cartilage! 😂

I’m guessing they have closed it off; it wouldn’t surprise me; I don’t recall it as being particularly spacious, and I doubt strongly that an elevator was ever installed.

I can say with certainty there is a small "deck/patio" on the outside of Pinocchio's that has a handful of tables up some stairs on the front. I saw it last week and my friends and I wished we had sat there!

There is an inside upstairs. It over looks It’s a Small World right where the boats enter.
Here’s a photo I found online.
Don’t know if there is an elevator.

Attachments

• IMG_3301.png
    IMG_3301.png
    250.9 KB · Views: 16

There is an inside upstairs. It over looks It’s a Small World right where the boats enter.
Here’s a photo I found online.
Don’t know if there is an elevator.
That's not a second floor.
It is at ground level to the left of the main entry of Pinocchio.
We have sat there on multiple trips. It overlooks the boat entry into the attraction after loading for Small World, but the loading and unloading area of Small World is down a ramp from the load/unload area

This is a picture I took from the wheelchair boarding area of Small World. The ground level entry/ exit ramp is at the middle right of the picture.
The outside of the Pinocchio windows are kind of framed by turret framing in the middle of the picture. Guests in their boats are lower than the windows

World entryIMG_3809.jpeg

The "upstairs" at Pinocchio is more a balcony. No elevator. When you get to top of steps there is a small bumped area with about 4 tables and the rest is a narrow balcony leading to a door that goes outside to another narrow balcony. Outside there are stairs as well.

We eat here all the time, it's quieter and away from crowds for DS.

438196189_1190037719114182_9070548411130911762_n.jpg

436805702_398340429756341_6729327480615139135_n.jpg

That's not a second floor.
It is at ground level to the left of the main entry of Pinocchio.
We have sat there on multiple trips. It overlooks the boat entry into the attraction after loading for Small World, but the loading and unloading area of Small World is down a ramp from the load/unload area

This is a picture I took from the wheelchair boarding area of Small World. The ground level entry/ exit ramp is at the middle right of the picture.
The outside of the Pinocchio windows are kind of framed by turret framing in the middle of the picture. Guests in their boats are lower than the windows

World entryView attachment 854683
Oops sorry old memory. I worked at Small World many many moons ago and it seemed that way for down below 🤣💕

So I’m assuming that’s not accessible by ECV? Also is the 2nd floor area in Columbia Harbor house accessible?
From HopperFan, the small balcony area in Pinocchio is only accessible by stairs.

I don't know if the elevator at Columbia Harbor House to the second floor is still in use or not.
It was very small - I remember it being barely large enough for my daughter's small manual wheelchair plus on person to be kind of smushed in

From HopperFan, the small balcony area in Pinocchio is only accessible by stairs.
Too bad. But it's a small area, so it doesn't surprise me. Like someone else here said, I used to go up there and sit in the quiet. This was back in my much younger, more agile days, when stairs and I got along. I remember fondly how one day I sat up there for an hour, just people watching, sipping my beverage, with my sore feet elevated.

I don't know if the elevator at Columbia Harbor House to the second floor is still in use or not.
It was very small - I remember it being barely large enough for my daughter's small manual wheelchair plus on person to be kind of smushed in
We have fit the old park rental ECVs in the elevator at Columbia Harbor House back when we did Keys to the Kingdom Tour many years ago, wasn't easy, but can be done. Smaller devices would be easier and don't expect to fit a second person with a larger device.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter