• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

US Airways...good/bad experiences???

December99

<font color=orange>WDW Antenna Topper Queen</font>
Can anyone tell me about their experiences with US Airways???? They have a pretty good rate right now from O'Hare for December....I'm a chicken to fly to begin with and I want to fly on someone that I can trust!!!

We always fly USAir. In the last 5 trips to WDW from Pa. There was one delay due to thunderstorms over Atlanta, otherwise on time or ahead of time. Also, very courteous staff on the ground and in the air.

Bill From PA

I've been flying US Airways for years, and have never had any real problems. For the most part, we've had no delays (one time it was weather related, but all flights were getting backed up as well - no fault to US Airways) and comfortable flights. US Airways takes me most places I fly to!

:)

We have flown USAir three times to Orlando and we never had any problems, always on time and the staff was always very nice. We are going again this December and I got a great rate from PHL for 164.50 RT arriving in Orlando early and departing later in the evening on the way home.

US Airways us always my first choice. They are friendly, helpful and convienent.

We fly out of Pittsburgh , direct to Orlando every Feb, for the last 4 years and never had a problem or a delay.:D We also fly out of Cleveland, using Continental, and they are just as good!!!!!;)

It's a relief to read all of your responses. I have a flight booked next month for my DD and I on UsAir and I was wondering about their service. I got a great deal with them (177.50 for Rt from Seattle) so I couldn't pass it up. Only 33 more days, I don't know if I can wait that long

:Pinkbounc

Laura

Also a USAir Fan! Last November, AAA screwed up my reservations with USAir royally, but USAir made it all right. It took 45 minutes and a supervisor, but the ticket counter person was very warm, courteous, friendly and accomodating, not to mention professional.

I have also found the flight attendants and others that I have dealt with to be some of the best.

The only time I did not like flying USAir was when they still had their Fokker 100's. Those things were loud! But they have since retired them. I have never had a late arrival or departure or had to run for a plane with them.

I can't say the same for American or Continental.

US Air has been around a long time and is a good airline...except...

I heard recently on the news that they are having financial woes and may go bankrupt. I know when this has happened with other airlines, their tickets are not always honored by the financially secure airlines. That might explain why they are offering great deals right now. You might want to do a search of the news websites, especially the financial news sites like CNBC or CNNfn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter