US Airways?

Scratch42

<font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go
Happy New Year, Everybody.

Finally got confirmation regarding our flight for DD's surprise trip.
Still no docs, but maybee Monday!

Disney has put us on US Air with a stopover in Pittsburg.

Has anyone ever flown with US Air? Any good? What is it like with a stopover?

Any info would greatly be appreciated.

Scratch
:smooth:

in Feb 2001- Pearson to Seattle. the plane is a little smaller seat/leg room than when I've flown American, or Canadian, Delta Air. Service & check in were great. Pittsburg Airport is awesome! It's bigger than most of our shopping malls in Ontario, great food places, (they even have a "Staples Office supply store:eek: , )but make sure if your changeing planes (and not just reboarding the same one) you know the gate you need to get to, it's really easy to get lost in there. You may want to take the map out of the Plane Magazine - Pittsburg is U.S. Airways Home Hub or whatever they call it. Think of this as you first chance to do some great shopping-but don't get trapped in a great store and miss your plane.

That sound great!

Going down there isn't much time between flights but on the way home we have some time and shopping sounds like a great way to pass the time away!LOL

Will have to bring extra money!

Scratch

Also sounds like a great way to pass the blues of going home hehehe

We just got back from our trip in Dec. and flew via Pitts. We had an hour or so layover. There are alot of shops that you can look through in the main area (it's like a shopping mall) and places to have something to eat or drink. We didn't mind it at all.
The only thing I find is that us air is notorious for delayed flights.

I think almost all of my flights have been with US air. They have been very reliable. We have never been delayed or had any trouble. The space is not great (we are all large sized in my family) and they do not serve any food most of the time now, which makes it tough if you have a couple of flights over hours. Grab something inbetween flights or bring something with you.

I guess we will have to buy munchies and pack in our carryon!

That's just too many hours without something!

As for the delayed flight, as long is it's coming home and not getting there!LOL More time for shoppping!LOL

The credit card companies are gonna love me next month!

Scratch

Something else I just remembered. There has been a number of times when the flight was overbooked so they were looking for people to give up their seats. This happened to us 3 times on return trips. They kept making better and better offers until someone took them up on it. Unfortunately we (my daughter was not willing to wait another 4 hours for a flight) did not take the offer. The people who did got free flights to anywhere in North America.

Yes, we also had people on our flight that took vouchers because US air had overbooked going there and coming back.
The delayed flights that we had weren't too bad. Just a 1/2 longer.

Tantor,

Is that what you are implying! So if they make an announcement regarding someone not going on the flight they will get you there later but give you a voucher for another flight at another time?

Scratch

Thats what they did on our flights. We didn't take advantage of it as hubby was concerned that US Air has been in trouble lately and you just never know. Plus we just wanted to get to where we were going to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter