US Coins

jcourtney

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know where I might be able to buy rolls of US coins here in Canada? I was hoping to buy a roll of quarters and pennies to do pressed pennies while at Disneyland but RBC doesn't carry them.

I would prefer to buy them before I go. I'm not sure if I'll have time to stop at the bank in California nor do I know if they will sell them to me if I don't have an account there.

Any ideas?

Try calling a local coin dealer. They may have rolls of recent coins they are willing to part with at face value. Coin dealers will often purchase large batches of recent coins to find "that one special one".

Does anyone know where I might be able to buy rolls of US coins here in Canada? I was hoping to buy a roll of quarters and pennies to do pressed pennies while at Disneyland but RBC doesn't carry them.

I would prefer to buy them before I go. I'm not sure if I'll have time to stop at the bank in California nor do I know if they will sell them to me if I don't have an account there.

Any ideas?

You don't have to go to a bank in California. When we were in Florida, we just asked the concierge desk at our Disney hotel. Guest Services in the park could do as well -- in fact, I "changed" a ten-dollar bill at the ticket counter at the TTC. Anywhere that has a till usually has rolls - and they are more than happy to exchange if you say it's for the machines. :thumbsup2

When we were in the parks there were a couple change machines near the penny press that would give you 4 quarters and two pennies for dollar. I think we saw them in Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios? We didn't look anywhere else. I forgot my quarters and pennies at home :( so it was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter