US traveler to DL Paris

akr91

Earning My Ears
Me and my husband will be going to Amsterdam in March of 2020. We plan on taking the train down to DL Paris. While looking to book a stay at DL, i noticed that the UK site has better discounts than what we have access to here in the states. Even though the total price is in A different currency, can I still book it? Will they say anything at check-in having a UK discount package living in the states? Thanks °o°

Yes you can book train tickets on the site for the train directly and save money. I go to Europe a lot for work and always book my tickets using the trains direct website. It is almost always cheaper except make sure to check multiple train providers websites. For example if you are going from London to Paris check the UK site and the Paris site. Or for example from Germany to Paris I would check both the German site and the french site. They often share trains and interconnect travel so one might be way cheaper than the other.

Here are the French and British sites. I don't know the one for the Netherlands sorry. Also be careful there are lots of other train ticket vendors so always try to book direct with the operator.

UK:
https://www.eurostar.com/us-en
French:
https://en.oui.sncf/en/train-ticket

For international travel between The Netherlands and other European Countries you can use this website: https://www.nsinternational.nl/en
2nd class tickets start from 35 EUR per one way from Amsterdam Central Station to Marne la Vallee-Chessy
1st class tickets start from 65 EUR per one way.
You can book your tickets 4 months in advance. The earlier you book the better your chances at the lowest fares.

For packages for DLP, yes the US website is always the most expensive. By EU law it is allowed to book from whatever country website you want. So do shop around on the websites of the UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain etc. whatever language you are capable/comfortable booking in. You will not be questioned at check in.

I just booked a DL Paris package through the UK website (I'm American) because of the favorable exchange rate. There is no problem doing this - and there is even a drop-down menu to change the country from UK to USA! I saved a couple of hundred dollars by doing this. The sale package that I booked is no longer available, but I'm sure another sale will come along.

The DLP site is really quirky. I booked the early bird spring package before Oct 1 and I checked all different countries' sites which were all cheaper than the US site and then just when I was about to book on the UK site, the US site dropped like 20% so I booked it. It was the same price for months and then out of nowhere, a significant price drop. I don't really get it but I'll take it. The last time we went, we booked on the UK site and had no problem at check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter