US Women's National Soccer Team controversy

Meghan Rapinoe explained it quite well, she called it an explosion of joy. She said it's the World Cup and some of those girls (she named them) have been dreaming about being there their whole lives.

Just because she's a veteran there doesn't mean the joy she feels is less, or should be.
I think there are people who just look for the negative in everything. I think this "controversy" is those people who have exhausted all their other complaints on other topics. These women are just their current issue.

If it's his 9th touchdown pass of a game, yes.

Edited to add: If Tom Brady did a choreographed dance in a 63-0 game, he'd be criticized the same way, IMO.

But what if it's his first touchdown pass of the game? Do you really think what she did was choreographed and pre-planned?

That was her first goal of the game after many chances. I imagine she felt a huge relief and euphoria and let it out. She is under a lot of pressure this tournament.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/colu.../women-s-world-cup-france-team-usa-1.31814281
The women feel a certain amount of pressure to "prove" themselves for many reasons this World Cup

Many goals were scored by several people. They can each celebrate their own personal goal and success, no matter the score. Maybe some were excessive, maybe not.

Again, lots of male sports competitors celebrate their high scoring achievements without this much scrutiny.

Once again, there is way to celebrate and there is a way not to celebrate.

These celebrations have nothing to do with their fight for equality.

Do you really think what she did was choreographed and pre-planned?

Honestly, I don't know. I wasn't actually criticizing her, just pointing out to someone who asked what was controversial about the celebrations. This was the one that most people who are criticizing point to. The only reason I bring up that fact that she is a veteran is because others have pointed out that many of the goals were the first WC goal that the younger players had.

I don't see this as a male vs. female issue, by the way.

Does the league have rules about celebrations and out scoring an opposing team?

Nope - most of this is stemming from "unwritten rules", like not trying to steal a base in a baseball game that's like 8-0. Actually, baseball has a lot of those - most are silly and stupid, IMO.

So you've scored in the World Cup.
What is the right way to celebrate- according to your standards?

If you really have to ask that you have no idea what class, humility and respect means in the world of sport.

Honestly, I don't know. I wasn't actually criticizing her, just pointing out to someone who asked what was controversial about the celebrations. This was the one that most people who are criticizing point to. The only reason I bring up that fact that she is a veteran is because others have pointed out that many of the goals were the first WC goal that the younger players had.

I don't see this as a male vs. female issue, by the way.

I do only because I see people calling it classless and unsportsmanlike, but the diving and falling during a men's game doesn't get labeled like that because "that's how it is". Men and women are different and I know as a woman I tend to celebrate more like those players and my dh is more subdued. Does that make my feelings and excitement wrong?

And as I said above, she is a veteran player and with that also comes a lot more pressure to perform at a certain level. I'm sure was we saw was a display of joy and relief.

So you don't have an answer then, you just have complaints about the way those women celebrated their amazing accomplishments in sports.
Like I said before- there are those who just want to complain.

If that's what you want to believe fine but there seems to be plenty of people around the world that agree the celebrations were excessive once the game was well in had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!